• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Would you support DNR re-opening (temporary) old Reiter?

Should DNR re-open (temp) old reiter (please read below first!)

• Yes!

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Yes, and I'd be willing to pledge money to help

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • No, stay out and wait for new Reiter to be built

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Boobies and Pizza!

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
What? While it should be obvious that -most- wheelers want it open, the attitudes from other threads have led me (and others :;) to think people who are organized and/or vocal in the 4x4 community might want it to remain closed.

The only reason anyone would want it to stay closed is because of the issues with building the new section while it's open. Your question says we would get the new section AND have the old open.
While that's about unfeasible as can be it's a no brainer.
BTW there's been other restoration work done than Sackup.

The only reason anyone would want it to stay closed is because of the issues with building the new section while it's open. Your question says we would get the new section AND have the old open.
While that's about unfeasible as can be it's a no brainer.
BTW there's been other restoration work done than Sackup.

No. The old area would be closed when the new area is opened up. No one is suggesting that the old area stay open indefinitely.. .hence the 'temporary' in the title.

:corn::corn::corn::corn: Im in i would even throw down some coin for a pass of some kind to wheel there cause its closer to home

Yup, then thats exactly what I'm talking about here. So I'm jotting you down as opposed to Land owners Opening up Reiter for use until new Reiter is built, correct?

Wha........
It's a loaded question. If the old Reiter could be opened and not be an issue to the ongoing plans for new Reiter then yes it would be a no brainer and most everyone would be all for it.
That's not the case though so why ask? If the old Reiter is open during construction of the new Reiter the project will fail before it gets off the ground.
While were asking questions from la-la land I would rather have the old Reiter opened up and scrap the plans for the new trails.
Either one of us are going to get what we want.:;

Wha........
It's a loaded question. If the old Reiter could be opened and not be an issue to the ongoing plans for new Reiter then yes it would be a no brainer and most everyone would be all for it.
That's not the case though so why ask? If the old Reiter is open during construction of the new Reiter the project will fail before it gets off the ground.
While were asking questions from la-la land I would rather have the old Reiter opened up and scrap the plans for the new trails.
Either one of us are going to get what we want.:;

ahh see, I think it can be operated while the new Reiter is under process... I think this has been fed into the 4x4 community by DNR as a way to convince us to allow Reiter to stay closed while construction goes on.

First, most of the 4x4 areas are not in the new, planned out area. And until construction actually occurs, this is a moot point.
Second, when construction occurs, it can be, and will be, gated off. The odds of someone messing up the area under construction will be the same whether the whole area is open or not.
Third, while some of the motorcycle trails do intersect with some of the existing system, construction here will be much different. Walker Valley proves that you can construct new trails while the old system is there.

Wait, actually. Walker Valley is an example of building new legit trails while old ones are there! lol. Signage and education is really whats needed here.

I do agree with you Rick, the new Reiter is not going to be the old one.. but it is what we're getting, and its better than nothing.

Someone quoted me this comparing Old and New Reiter today:
"Its the difference between an indoor climbing arena and a rockface... You can build the most amazing rock climbing structure, but it will never be like the real thing"

Yes. Old Reiter was open for years, maybe decades and cost DNR next to nothing. It brought revenue to the small economies along highway 2 leading up to Reiter road. We don't need campgrounds or any kind of facilities. We desperately need rocky technical terrain to wheel in.

Finish and open New Reiter in six months or open Old Reiter back up now DNR. Its time to start acting like the free Americans we are supposed to be. Just give the word DNR and the volunteers will take care of the rest. It need not cost a dime.

Yes. Old Reiter was open for years, maybe decades and cost DNR next to nothing. It brought revenue to the small economies along highway 2 leading up to Reiter road. We don't need campgrounds or any kind of facilities. We desperately need rocky technical terrain to wheel in.

Finish and open New Reiter in six months or open Old Reiter back up now DNR. Its time to start acting like the free Americans we are supposed to be. Just give the word DNR and the volunteers will take care of the rest. It need not cost a dime.

I understand your point of view but there is no way new Reiter could be built by volunteers (as designed) and to have it done in 6 months would take Bill Gates like money.....
BTW it's been there for several decades.:;

Never seen either of them, haven't had a rig capable in too many years. I would like a place to wheel and would be willing to throw some going and some hard work twords making this happen. Hell if I could afford it my old man has a excavator I could throw into the mix.

I understand your point of view but there is no way new Reiter could be built by volunteers (as designed) and to have it done in 6 months would take Bill Gates like money.....

Volunteers can and will re-open and maintain the Old Reiter as they did until it closed. I did not put volunteers ahead of build the New Reiter in six months. That is the position DNR put themselves in when thy closed OR while promising a new one in a timely fashion.

If anything, getting volunteers out to help build the NR would be easier if they are already there Sunday morning from wheelin all weekend.

I made almost every RTW work party on OR because I had been there wheelin since Friday afternoon. Post close I have made one or two work parties in the NR area. Its tough to drive two hours for no wheelin. Opening OR would be VERY beneficial to the volunteers needed for the NR project. Really the only reason to be against opening OR back up is that you don't like wheelin anymore, hence others shouldn't either. Basically the same argument against DR.

OK? :D

Volunteers can and will re-open and maintain the Old Reiter as they did until it closed. I did not put volunteers ahead of build the New Reiter in six months. That is the position DNR put themselves in when thy closed OR while promising a new one in a timely fashion.

If anything, getting volunteers out to help build the NR would be easier if they are already there Sunday morning from wheelin all weekend.

I made almost every RTW work party on OR because I had been there wheelin since Friday afternoon. Post close I have made one or two work parties in the NR area. Its tough to drive two hours for no wheelin. Opening OR would be VERY beneficial to the volunteers needed for the NR project. Really the only reason to be against opening OR back up is that you don't like wheelin anymore, hence others shouldn't either. Basically the same argument against DR.

OK? :D

I am not going to turn this into a pissing match but you only made a couple mike--at least be honest if your going to use that card.

If it was designed to be more cost effective this goal could be met much easier, but the plan of building all the trails with machines from nothing instead of trying to use the terrain as the main source of obstacles (SP?) then it will more than likely ake 10 years to freaking build:haha:

I am not going to turn this into a pissing match but you only made a couple mike--at least be honest if your going to use that card.

Then don't turn it into one. As stated in the other Reiter thread I am not an OG. My first one was the work on the Wall trail. We filled the one really deep hole and blocked some illegal bypasses that ran very close to the stream. There was two more solid days of work put in on the Cable and Back Door trails. I was there for the work party to fix the entrance of Rhinoland but did not stay due to back injury from the night before. Both big yearly cleanups before closure.

Between my stack of mini DVDs I recorded and my photobucket account I can provide evidence to back ALL my claims. Anything I have said in recent threads regarding my wheelin and working at Reiter I can back. I have a stack of DVDs at home almost two feet high. They cover everything from KOH back to 235-75-15s on a stock rig wheelin Evans for the first time four ZJs ago. I'm prepared for my day in court.

For the record (and for my stamp of approval :D:hi:) we wait for this $30 "Discover Pass" to pass (or not) before any re-opening is considered.

We will know if the pass has passed on Wednesday February 2nd, 2011

That is all......I have spoken!!!:worship:

For the record (and for my stamp of approval :D:hi:) we wait for this $30 "Discover Pass" to pass (or not) before any re-opening is considered.

We will know if the pass has passed on Wednesday February 2nd, 20

That is all......I have spoken!!!:worship:
What do we get with this pass if it goes through?

Latest posts