• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MSORP is closing!

jeepgeek2002

Mountainside is sad to announce that the January Jam,Jan. 7th and 8th, will be the final ride for Mountainside. Due to insurance rates going up so high and regulations and guidlines they have set forth we are not going to be able to keep the gates open!! We want to thank... EVERYONE that has come out and help support the park over the years. A very special thanks to the Black Creek Fire Dept. for being out there to help at all our events and rides!! Great group of people that volunteer their time to be there for the community!!! Please come out for our finale ride and lets make the last a blast!!!! Bring some fire wood and we will have a fire and have a good time!!!! Thanks again to EVERYONE!!! We will be cooking Saturday. Plan to join us and make this final ride one to remember.

This sucks donkey ass! My favorite place to ride! I dont know how all the legal stuff works, but wonder if you could get a form drawn up that states you have no insurance and ride at your own risk? and make everyone sign it that comes in, thats what we do goin to a dragstrip around here! but anyway I would gladly pay more to ride and help keep the park up and sure there lots people that would do the same! place is to cool to be shut down, but i understand if its losing money you cant do that!

Yea what Chad just said times 67 million , SON OF A BITCH WHAT SOME DAMN SHITTY NEWS TO HEAR :****:

DUMBASS DAMN INSURANCE VAMPIRES :****:

:flipgotcha: TAXES and :flipgotcha: INSURANCE DAMN

DAMN

zukiscott said:
Yea what Chad just said times 67 million , SON OF A BITCH WHAT SOME DAMN SHITTY NEWS TO HEAR :****:

DUMBASS DAMN INSURANCE VAMPIRES :****:

:flipgotcha: TAXES and :flipgotcha: INSURANCE DAMN

DAMN

C;mon son, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel!!

BustedKnucklefilms said:
This Sucks!

How much $$$$ do we need to raise to keep it open? :****:
Hey! this is not a bad idea! need to get with Scott and know all the details and this would be a kick ass fund raiser! I think we would a ton of support for it and pay up the insurance another year!

I would think a bullet proof sign your life away waiver would take care of the insurance, but am far from a lawsuit expert. I know after driving a few hundred miles I don't mind paying a little more to keep a park open and making money.

zukimaster said:
Hey! this is not a bad idea! need to get with Scott and know all the details and this would be a kick ass fund raiser! I think we would a ton of support for it and pay up the insurance another year!

X2

Its a sign.....the world really is coming to an end in 2012 :(

There's gotta be a way to keep it open....like Chad said, definitely my favorite place to ride and always a bunch of good ppl there. The bulletproof ride at your own risk form, has my vote. And if that for some reason isn't an option, I'd be more than happy to pay a little extra to keep it open and in business. MSORP is a peice of land like no other!

EITHER WAY WE GOTTA FIND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If y'all do a fund raiser, Please let me know. I hate to see any place close. I have been there once and would like to go back again.

It's more than just raising some extra change to keep the park going. I can get cheaper insurance, but it is simply a trip and fall insurance policy. It would not protect me or my family, and not much protection for the park. A waiver signed at the gate is simply that. Most people don't even sign a legable name to the form. In the event that a person got severely injured or killed due to their own actions or someone Else's, an insurance company will begin picking every safety aspect of the park operation apart looking for a way to void your policy. The money you pay them, they pay lawyers to defend a hefty payout. It will work against the business owner everytime unless they have complied to the lastest safety audit. Our audit calls for safety barriers between the spectators and participants, Perimiter fencing, eye wash and first aid stand at check in, a full time CPR certified staff member everytime the gates are open. Permanent mounted fire extinguishers in every rig entering the park. Safety belts/ rollover protection structures, High visibility signage for all trails and a few other requirements requiring set dates and times for event, including no wheeling before 30 minutes after day light and 30 minutes before dusk.

I have spent the last three months back and forth between attorneys and Insurance companies and just simply do not see it possible at this point to keep the park open to the public. I will continue to pursue this, but will not be able to allow the park to be open after Jan 10, 2012. I hate it just as bad as everyone else. I have poured a lot of time and money into this place for us all to enjoy, but I have to consider the worst case at this point.
[size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size]

Definitely respectable reasoning Bob...I'm by far what would be deemed "knowledgable" about the fine details of all that...I just know it SUCKS! I mean if they are cracking down that hard on all that stuff, how does Trey keep Choccolocco open? Hale Mtn? Morris Mountain? ...and all the other places? I've never been to a place, nor seen any pics online where barriers were setup between the crawlers and spectators...(besides the yellow tape at RBD) And I'm sure most everybody carries water bottles with them throughout the day while riding...there's their personal eye wash stations molaugh If ya have to hire an onsite CPR professional, make sure it's a good lookin blonde flashemifyougotem

....don't forget about me when ya'll throw down a nice private ride after it's closed :****:

I was sent a message by another park owner that their insurance went up 50%. And they have yet to renew. I was SHOCKED at the premium amount.

This could change our sport.

Hate to bring it back up, but would you insure a park after you watched some you tube videos of the riding that's been going on? I hate to hear it's closing I've been wanting to hit that park I've heard good things about it.But I'm afraid it's only going to be the first of a chain.But I hope I'm wrong

I agree with chad, **** the insurance companies and anyone else that is involved in insurance. Theyre just a bunch of greedy sumbitches!! Hate to see this place to close, its the best place to ride and close to home