• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MSORP is closing!

This blows. I never was able to ride at this park but was planning a trip. I understand though and you are all right when you say "the system sucks".

This sucks. I've only been a few times but always had a good time and was glad I trailer my **** cause something is broke by the time I leave. I agree get a bulletproof waiver and if they don't sign they don't ride. Simple enough. If my **** breaks I fix it and if I get hurt I got my own insurance for that. Really hope you guys find a way to keep it open and if mine's in one piece I'll be there for the ride in January.

Bama zuk said:
I would sign it! The club idea sounds good to me. I've been involved in a in a similar situation before that a membership worked. I'll be there in Jan. for what I hope is not "Our Last Ride" Everyone keep their fingers crossed....

This sucks. i just got my jeep done. You bet your sweet ass I will be there for the last ride.

Hate to hear this. We had a blast there & was looking forward to going back when we got the new rig done.

TacomaJD said:
Damn straight! ^^^on point. I don't see how that's not possible.

Please sign here to ride at MSORP for the day _____________ . I won't come cryin' like a bitch when I dent my **** on the creekbed trail, flop over on Hang Time, snap my input shaft on Flash Over, Roll off of Cold Chills and die, roll the only ankle I have on a bigass rock I didn't see while walking into the woods to take a leak, or any other related ***** **** there is to "legally" complain about. I hereby claim that no matter what happens on this day of riding, I will push, pull, or drag my **** back home with a smile on my face....or wake up in the hospital saying "damn that was fun" molaugh

Best waiver ever... :****:

Hate to hear. Only got to make it up there once but I really enjoyed it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Riding at Mountainside is Over?? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ...

Neal3000 said:
Riding at Mountainside is Over?? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ...

short derail by me here - but you made me laugh :****:

rock yuppie said:
It's more than just raising some extra change to keep the park going. I can get cheaper insurance, but it is simply a trip and fall insurance policy. It would not protect me or my family, and not much protection for the park. A waiver signed at the gate is simply that. Most people don't even sign a legable name to the form. In the event that a person got severely injured or killed due to their own actions or someone Else's, an insurance company will begin picking every safety aspect of the park operation apart looking for a way to void your policy. The money you pay them, they pay lawyers to defend a hefty payout. It will work against the business owner everytime unless they have complied to the lastest safety audit. Our audit calls for safety barriers between the spectators and participants, Perimiter fencing, eye wash and first aid stand at check in, a full time CPR certified staff member everytime the gates are open. Permanent mounted fire extinguishers in every rig entering the park. Safety belts/ rollover protection structures, High visibility signage for all trails and a few other requirements requiring set dates and times for event, including no wheeling before 30 minutes after day light and 30 minutes before dusk.

I have spent the last three months back and forth between attorneys and Insurance companies and just simply do not see it possible at this point to keep the park open to the public. I will continue to pursue this, but will not be able to allow the park to be open after Jan 10, 2012. I hate it just as bad as everyone else. I have poured a lot of time and money into this place for us all to enjoy, but I have to consider the worst case at this point.
[size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size]

Just out of curiosity - can I ask who the carrier is you use currently for the park its self - not personal stuff but the park.

(My best Julio impersonation) Dammit Cole. Your library of Youtube awesomness has done made the insurance pricks **** their pants! :flipoff1:

kid rok said:
Bob, you need to sign the park over to a rock or tree, or even put it in a trust. Charge people only for parking not riding. Then no one can sue you personally they would have to make a case against the rock. since the rock can't talk and is incoherent no action can take place.

OR if you own the land out right you could put in a corporation with share holders. At the end of the year your profit goes out to the share holders and taxes. Since the Corporation has no money their nothing to sue for, and they can't come after you directly.

Then they just take the land. Anyone want to buy a built TJ?

Neal3000 said:

(i know this is off topic) GERMANS ?????? i think it was the short dark haired k ra ta folks :dunno: :dunno:

CheapJ7 said:
(My best Julio impersonation) Dammit Cole. Your library of Youtube awesomness has done made the insurance pricks **** their pants! :flipoff1:

BYGAWD YOU FORGOT TO DO ALL CAPS!!!!!!!

what if you required everyone who came to the park to provide their own liability, medical and damage insurance on their rig and themselves?

have any of the parks around here ever been sued?