• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MSORP is closing!

Back to me being ignorant of most all of the legalities of it, but exactly why would the ride at your own risk type deal not work if there was an extensively drawn up waiver form requiring proof of I.D. and a legit signature upon entrance of the park for every single person entering?

TacomaJD said:
Back to me being ignorant of most all of the legalities of it, but exactly why would the ride at your own risk type deal not work if there was an extensively drawn up waiver form requiring proof of I.D. and a legit signature upon entrance of the park for every single person entering?

I agree, checking IDs doesnt sound that hard to me, but what do i know

Just a suggestion but might check with Darron at witc and see what they got. Somebody gets airlifted outta there every time I'm there and they're still going strong. May just be that nobody has decided to do anything about it yet.

Maybe you could have we're you sign a waver and make a copy of liscens. Or maybe do it like a membership to a club were they have to have everybodys info before they enter. Then it could just be like a club ride. :dunno: this blows bad just a few min from the house.

Hell yea, membership would be awesome....kinda like the WeRock club does with Aetna Mtn. Pay yearly dues, get a numbered key to the gate, do park cleanup a couple times a year...or just maintain it well while you're there since there won't be any public wheelers there trashing it up. I'd def pay yearly dues to be able to ride there.

monte0112 said:
Id def pay some yearly dues too and im sure a bunch of the others would too. Gonna have to try to make this ride.
X2
I have rode here about 15-20 times and love the place, count me in on anything I can do to help keep it open!

Re: Re: Re: MSORP is closing!

TacomaJD said:
Hell yea, membership would be awesome....kinda like the WeRock club does with Aetna Mtn. Pay yearly dues, get a numbered key to the gate, do park cleanup a couple times a year...or just maintain it well while you're there since there won't be any public wheelers there trashing it up. I'd def pay yearly dues to be able to ride there.
this!!! I would be down

sent using my 4g, fast as hell, Verizon phone

Sounds like the liability, or the cost to reduce it with insurance is the issue. I may be naive, but find it inconceivable and constitutionally offensive that a legally binding and comprehensive liability waiver signed by someone that has provided appropriate identification has any legal rights to void that agreement. I understand it is a business that is making money, but there should be a way to draft a waiver so tight that if the park set land mines out its just your tough luck. If people are scared to sign such a waiver then stay at the house.
Barton

Iam from kentucky about 4 rigs went down this past summer to a rock race had a great time.hate to hear the news,it is not the land owners fault if some ignorant ass falls and skins there knee and tries to sue.something needs to be dun about it being so easy to sue. I guess some people are looking for an easy ride :flipper:

The-Boss said:
Sounds like the liability, or the cost to reduce it with insurance is the issue. I may be naive, but find it inconceivable and constitutionally offensive that a legally binding and comprehensive liability waiver signed by someone that has provided appropriate identification has any legal rights to void that agreement. I understand it is a business that is making money, but there should be a way to draft a waiver so tight that if the park set land mines out its just your tough luck. If people are scared to sign such a waiver then stay at the house.
Barton

Damn straight! ^^^on point. I don't see how that's not possible.

Please sign here to ride at MSORP for the day _____________ . I won't come cryin' like a bitch when I dent my **** on the creekbed trail, flop over on Hang Time, snap my input shaft on Flash Over, Roll off of Cold Chills and die, roll the only ankle I have on a bigass rock I didn't see while walking into the woods to take a leak, or any other related ***** **** there is to "legally" complain about. I hereby claim that no matter what happens on this day of riding, I will push, pull, or drag my **** back home with a smile on my face....or wake up in the hospital saying "damn that was fun" molaugh

TacomaJD said:

Please sign here to ride at MSORP for the day _____________ . I won't come cryin' like a bitch when I dent my **** on the creekbed trail, flop over on Hang Time, snap my input shaft on Flash Over, Roll off of Cold Chills and die, roll the only ankle I have on a bigass rock I didn't see while walking into the woods to take a leak, or any other related ***** **** there is to "legally" complain about. I hereby claim that no matter what happens on this day of riding, I will push, pull, or drag my **** back home with a smile on my face....or wake up in the hospital saying "damn that was fun" molaugh

100% agreed. other parks are still open so there must be something that can be done

TacomaJD said:

:dblthumb: I'll sign it!

Bob, you need to sign the park over to a rock or tree, or even put it in a trust. Charge people only for parking not riding. Then no one can sue you personally they would have to make a case against the rock. since the rock can't talk and is incoherent no action can take place.

OR if you own the land out right you could put in a corporation with share holders. At the end of the year your profit goes out to the share holders and taxes. Since the Corporation has no money their nothing to sue for, and they can't come after you directly.

kid rok said:
Bob, you need to sign the park over to a rock or tree, or even put it in a trust. Charge people only for parking not riding. Then no one can sue you personally they would have to make a case against the rock. since the rock can't talk and is incoherent no action can take place.

OR if you own the land out right you could put in a corporation with share holders. At the end of the year your profit goes out to the share holders and taxes. Since the Corporation has no money their nothing to sue for, and they can't come after you directly.

What ^^ said.....**** the system :flipoff1: