• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GMP news

1tfrot

I found this on nc4x4 and thought it would be more belonging here. if it's garbage, let me know and I'll delete it. great park so I wanted to share

I have been reading this on NAXJA. Looks like Golden Mountain is on the radar for possible closure. Nothing we can really do as this is private property but maybe a heads up incase it is on your bucket list....

"The other location is Golden Mountain in Sparta. As I understand it, the park was just purchased by a family that owns the adjoining farm, as an investment property. The family has no interest in running it as an off-road park, nor do they have much interest in upkeep of the facilities. SFWDA does do Dixie Run at Golden Mountain each September, and that event is generally what gets Golden our of the red. The indication is that Golden Mountain will cease to exist as an OHV location within the next 12-24 months."

"GMP is not closed - yet. The indication is that in 12-24 months it very well could be, without intervention, due to the owners lack of interest in running it as an off-road park. The guy that works the farm next door (owned by the same family) "keeps his eye on it" but is more of a caretaker than anything. SFWDA is in conversation with the land owners, and is still going to be doing their Dixie Run at GMP in September."

This is just word being passed along so anything can change of course

Re:

Bucket list coming up. I had to miss the HL ride there, won't make that mistake again. Tellico happened in a similar fashion.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

dwa2469 said:
Hey Nick (TBItoy) have you heard anything on this, what says Anthony?

I haven't talked to him.

I will say, there has been talks of selling it in the past (and it has changed owners and managers several times over the years that it's been an offroad park).

They don't advertise, promote, or host events, and most of the trails are too rocky or difficult for the JK/RZR crowd, so they don't bring in the big $ crowds

When I win the lottery, I'll buy it. And the property to the south of it. thumb.gif

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Bucket list coming up. I had to miss the HL ride there, won't make that mistake again. Tellico happened in a similar fashion.

With enough heads up, I'm in :****:

Re: Re:

muddinmetal said:
With enough heads up, I'm in :****:
I'm looking at September as of right now....next to last weekend

lowbudgetjunk said:
I'm looking at September as of right now....next to last weekend

So, weekend before Dixie Run?

I hope it doesnt close. I also cant see what a farmer would want the property for, unless there is a bunch of open fields that i havent seen. Maybe a local club or group could lease the property and keep it open.

paradisepwoffrd said:
So, weekend before Dixie Run?

I hope it doesnt close. I also cant see what a farmer would want the property for, unless there is a bunch of open fields that i havent seen. Maybe a local club or group could lease the property and keep it open.

There is about ~200 acres of fields off of Walter Stone Rd that is part of the property.
Several homes, barns, etc as part of the farm also.

The highlighted portion is the Randolph property