• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

.22 rifle shooters? "compete" here.

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
Rimfire central dot com has their monthly fun shoots. Rules are posted on their forum and you have a good time just for braggin' rights. I try my damnedest to play every month.

It's all in good fun, shoot as much as you like and with .22 it's cheap too.

Check it out. Rules and classes are posted, as well as each months fun shoot.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186

I shot league .22 from 10 to 17 year old. Was pretty good back in the day, but never won any tropheys. We had a girl on our team who schooled all of us. She took all the trophys. We shot 4 positions, at 50 foot. Prone, Sitting, Kneeling, Offhand.

I shot league .22 from 10 to 17 year old. Was pretty good back in the day, but never won any tropheys. We had a girl on our team who schooled all of us. She took all the trophys. We shot 4 positions, at 50 foot. Prone, Sitting, Kneeling, Offhand.

I used to shoot a lot of 22 with my grandfather. Iron sights and his constant coaching. I got pretty good. Nothing seriously competitive, but we used to shoot at 50 to 100 feet at different stuff.

Only match we ever went to he whipped my ass.

My May offering on the fun shoot.

Weak.

dsc02378c.jpg

Just trying to keep this alive.

Not sure if i'm classified by any of the rimfire rules, but here's what i shot:
Savage 22 w/ old/cheap tasco scope.

#1) 50yds Off-Hand 15rds +/-
IMG_9769.jpg

#2) 50yds Off-Hand 15rds +/-
IMG_9768.jpg

#3) 50yds Bench rapid fire 30-45rds (15rds at a time):
IMG_9765.jpg

These are still .22 caliber, just not rimfire. :;

#1) 50yds Bench with scope 10rds:
IMG_9759.jpg

#2) 50yds Bench with scope 10rds:
IMG_9764.jpg

#3) 50yds Bench with scope 10rds:
IMG_9766.jpg

Nice shooting.

I wish they kept up the old targets, because I shoot the fun match each month.

The guy running it "smallcal" on the RFC forum took a break for the winter. He will be back at it in March. :awesomework:

Ive gotta get my scope back on my 10/22, its a tack driver after I built it up, off the bench it will do 1/2" with premium ammo.

50 yards with a centerfire? Thats lame, gotta go at least 100. :fawkdancesmiley:

Ive gotta get my scope back on my 10/22, its a tack driver after I built it up, off the bench it will do 1/2" with premium ammo.

50 yards with a centerfire? Thats lame, gotta go at least 100. :fawkdancesmiley:

I will get some at 100yds next time, i only did 50yds cus i was sighting in the 22lr and figured i'd get the .223 scope close at the same time.

Next time.... :stirpot:

I actually jsut got all my "competition" targets in last night. Some CMP 200yd, and 300yd and 600yd reduced to 200yd targets. Plus some USBR and IBR 50yd rimfire targets. :awesomework:

So i'll do some 200, 300 and 600yd groups for ya. :;

Dusted off my 10/22 today...

The circles on the right were off the bench, the middle and 2 circles on the left were standing, all using cheap ass Walmart bulk stuff:
2706bc8c.jpg