• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

93 Nissan Pathfinder Build

Spolar93

A little background before you look at my junk. im 18 and go to WSU and have had this truck ever since i bought it almost 3 years ago. plans are a SOA front with waggy leaves, long arm 4 link w/ panhard rear, waggy d44, 37"s, more armor, yadi yadi yadi. stock wheelbase is 105", shootin for 108" ish

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

last time rolling into the garage with InFerior Suspension

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

she laid an egg?

IMG_0355.jpg

forgot one

IMG_0347.jpg

always needed when workin in a hot garage! not as sugary as crash's choice, but hey, a fighters gotta watch his weight, alright!

i dont think i have ever seen a build-up on one of these should be interesting

Haha...you need to get around some. :redneck: check some of the nissan boards, there's some cool builds that have been going down over the last few years.

congrats on starting your build man, I'm lookin forward to seeing it progress. :awesomework: :corn:

forgot one

IMG_0347.jpg

always needed when workin in a hot garage! not as sugary as crash's choice, but hey, a fighters gotta watch his weight, alright!

DIET!??!?! :looser: :fawkdancesmiley: Crash drinks the real stuff by the 2liter and look at him. :haha:

Get whatever size cap screw fits the holes in the springs and drill out the perches if the head is too big.

ok sorry for the lack of updates. i work 40+ hours a week at a body shop, and by the end of the day im so tired from working on other peoples cars that its hard to muster energy for my own, so its slow going.

IMG_0386.jpg

ifs cut out, just gotta finish grinding it down.

IMG_0384.jpg

all these parts, just no time to put them in! haha

IMG_0385.jpg

enough material to long arm the rear. using 2"x2"x.25" flat side down. should help with getting hung up on the rocks and slide easier over crud.

IMG_0383.jpg

painted my cover tghen decided i was to cheap to buy a purple cranium cover. DOH! welded some 3" flat stock that i bent and cut to fit. still gotta finish welding on the fill plug side

IMG_0382.jpg

got knuckles painted up and sending the flat top out to get drilled and tapped for hi steer asap. gonna buy a reamer and do the tie rod and pitman arm tapers my self.

IMG_0381.jpg

cleaned up my 7 pack waggies and put in 3/8"x3.5" grade 8 cap head bolts. ordered energy suspension bushings, so waiting for those to come in. figured id just burn out the old one with my propane torch and press the new ones in.

IMG_0379.jpg

my dad jumped in and helped cut out the inferior suspension. suprised me because even though hes got mad crazy woodworking and handyman skills, he is one of those people that takes the vehicles in to change the oil. i know, crazy i tell you

IMG_0365.jpg

front spring hanger made out of 2"x2"x.25" and 1/4 plate. nuf said

IMG_0366.jpg

purty 6013 weld over a 6011 root pass.

all the hard work is done, just gotta find time to put it all together. no chance this weekend, as ill be out of town friday-monday, but hopefully it will roll out next weekend ish....

oh, also, just placed an order to ballistic fab and ran up an $85 bill.

shock3.JPG

front shock mounts. TRICK!!

standardtab1(1).jpg

rear upper link tabs

framemountsingle1.jpg

rear lower link bracket

dom%20sleeve.jpg

front shackle mounts. weld these to the underside then gusset with plenty of 1/4" plate

also got a line on some rear shocks. remote res trailmasters that are 36" extended, 22" collapsed.

big thanks goes out to my parts guy Joe at Baxters Auto Parts. Cut me some helluva deals and is just a great guy who provides excellent customer service.

Last edited:
Sweet build. I've always loved the looks of those early 90's pathies. I'm definitely looking forward to some progress updates.

yeah i love this body style

so ive never replaced leaf spring bushings. whats the easiest way?

If they are the rubber ones with a sleeve--I use a press....
Even had to burn them out and then chissel the metal outer portion out of the leaf eye....

I thought you were going to use coils? Sweet project, can't wait to do the same to mine. Do you have a running total of what everything's cost you so far and where you got it? I'd like to see it if so

eh, leafs are cheaper, easier, and will be more than enough for me. i got half of a list of all my expenses, just got to update it with all the new receipts. i have to warn you, im getting alot of parts at or below cost because a buddy, Joe, in my local club is the manager of Baxters Auto Parts and he gives alot of us hefty prices breaks, between 30%-50% off. hell, all 4 of my 1 ton tierods came out to be $30!