• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Assault rifle discussion!

I prefer the added knock down power of a .308 (AR10)

a cheap SKS is always a good option, not as "COOL" as an AR, but just as effective...

Norinco w/ a wood stock & sling and a folding bayonet makes a good do-all rifle. I've killed a couple deer and coyotes with one. That was dad's "combine/tractor rifle" during farm season.

Funny story, over the years he's routinely "lost" pistols and found them in the tool bins or under the seat of farm equipment... the next year...

food for thought:

Assault weapon (semi-automatic) refers primarily (but not exclusively) to firearms that possess the cosmetic features of an assault rifle (which are fully-automatic). Actually possessing the operational features, such as 'full-auto', is not required for classification as an assault weapon; merely the possession of cosmetic features is enough to warrant such classification as an assault weapon. Semi-automatic firearms, when fired, automatically extract the spent cartridge casing and load the next cartridge into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun; rather, only one round is fired with each trigger pull.

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

So technically a ruger 10/22 with an archangel stock and threaded bull barrel is subject to ban according to the previous ban's description of an assault weapon. gotta watch out for the rampages with target .22's :wtflol:

My best friend works at Acamdemy in Mobile and as of noon yesterday the ATF called and told them that they could still sell M4/AR style Firearms but that they must be removed from display....... better gun up now than get gundowned later

jewylewy said:
My best friend works at Acamdemy in Mobile and as of noon yesterday the ATF called and told them that they could still sell M4/AR style Firearms but that they must be removed from display....... better gun up now than get gundowned later

How the **** can they do that?

I just bought a S&W M/P 15 sport in a .223/5.56 caliber for $699 new. It will be sold on paper to someone in the near future to deter any retrieval from the govt. It is an entry level AR, but for the money you really can't beat it. The only thing I would change is adding a forward assist. Just my .02

Am I just being paranoid or does anyone else think that maybe putting all this info about who has what on the interweb is a bad idea. :dunno: I have guns and I'd love to post up pictures and specs but I just don't think puttin your **** in the wind is a good idea. Somebody please convince me I'm wrong, 'cause I'm proud of my junk ( I like to build/modify/restore my own) and it seems like this is just inviting thieves or gubmint to do evil.

Assault rifle my ass ,,yall are nuts,,,my ass is goin with 12 gauge shotguns and 22 longs :****:

for starters I ain,t gone be tryin to "snipe" **** ,,,were I,m gone be dug in at after the **** hits the fan a sumbitch will SMELL me & mine for he sees us anyway,and at that point the 12 gauge buck shot gets top billin.

and rite now you can buy all the 12 gauge buckshot and 22 long rounds you damn want,,hell theres even a gas station bout 3 miles from my house in Draketown what sells em "thats also were I get my 270 rounds at"

,,,yea I like my 270 as well but will leave it layin if all I can tote is the gauge er the 22 :indianajones:

and OHHH I wish I could get my hands on a 12 gauge with a gotdamn big drum hangin off the bottem of it ,,,,,thated be my post apocalyptic / zombie zone weapon beside my 22 longs :woot:

A 3" 12G shotgun shell holds 15 double ought buck pellets that are each the size of a .38 slug. I can easily get off 2 rounds a second from my 870, that's like 30 rounds from a .38 or a 9mm in one second or less. Homey don't need no stinkin' assault rifle!

i went to wally world the other day and they had pulled all the .223 of the shelf. I asked and they told me that they didnt stock it anymore. I looked in the gun cases and their was 2 ar-15s and 4 or the ar-22s. Kinda didnt make no sence.

doctordick said:
A 3" 12G shotgun shell holds 15 double ought buck pellets that are each the size of a .38 slug. I can easily get off 2 rounds a second from my 870, that's like 30 rounds from a .38 or a 9mm in one second or less. Homey don't need no stinkin' assault rifle!

Your onto something! Can't beat a good shotgun!

COLT

zukiscott said:
and OHHH I wish I could get my hands on a 12 gauge with a gotdamn big drum hangin off the bottem of it ,,,,,thated be my post apocalyptic / zombie zone weapon beside my 22 longs :woot:

Check out the Xrail.

doctordick said:
I like the 12 ga. 3" magnum in #4 copper plated buckshot,with those you get 41 7mm/.270 sized projectiles from each shot!! :****:

I actually dont need an "assault" style rifle right now.

I think i'm pretty well prepared for whatever, aside from scared to run out of ammo!
Lately I've really been thinking of fullfilling a lifelong dream of XLR shooting (Exteme Long Range).. I mean who hasnt watched "Shooter" and wanted to plink cans from 1000yards
At that point its a lot of math and challenge.

I've looked at a few guns, and talked with a few guys, but really need to go to a school and check it out, you know in all my spare time, and what not.... :-\

InDaShop said:
I actually dont need an "assault" style rifle right now.

I think i'm pretty well prepared for whatever, aside from scared to run out of ammo!
Lately I've really been thinking of fullfilling a lifelong dream of XLR shooting (Exteme Long Range).. I mean who hasnt watched "Shooter" and wanted to plink cans from 1000yards
At that point its a lot of math and challenge.

I've looked at a few guns, and talked with a few guys, but really need to go to a school and check it out, you know in all my spare time, and what not.... :-\

338 LAPUA... You can leave your spotter and calculator at home... :dblthumb:

****'s Sporting Goods, Academy, and Walmart = no guns on the shelves. Most every local gunshop within an hour's drive = sold out of most any AR under $8-900, EXCEPT one! I found 2 DPMS AR's in stock as of about 10 minutes ago and going to get one in the morning if they still have one or the other. My luck, they'll sell this evening :indianajones:

Re: Re: Assault rifle discussion!

Guess it's time to make uppers out of all the spare parts in my parts drawer and sell them. Probably should wait till after friday though. Just in case I need them.