• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Assault rifle discussion!

COLT said:
338 LAPUA... You can leave your spotter and calculator at home... :dblthumb:

700 yards on a point target is my best....it was a slighly shorter 7.62

I wasn't making smiley faces and mirages make distance shooting interesting. As well, Scout Snipers are the real deal. I learned a lot and improved a lot during their DDM classes.

6534_1117133124347_3188285_n.jpg

6534_1117133084346_1086117_n.jpg

6534_1117133164348_289927_n.jpg

lowbudgetjunk said:
700 yards on a point target is my best....it was a slighly shorter 7.62

I wasn't making smiley faces and mirages make distance shooting interesting. As well, Scout Snipers are the real deal. I learned a lot and improved a lot during their DDM classes.

6534_1117133124347_3188285_n.jpg

6534_1117133084346_1086117_n.jpg

6534_1117133164348_289927_n.jpg

Sweet! Nothing like shooting limitless ammo!!

TacomaJD said:
****'s Sporting Goods, Academy, and Walmart = no guns on the shelves. Most every local gunshop within an hour's drive = sold out of most any AR under $8-900, EXCEPT one! I found 2 DPMS AR's in stock as of about 10 minutes ago and going to get one in the morning if they still have one or the other. My luck, they'll sell this evening :indianajones:
Buy the S&W for me! I'll come get it and give you fiddy to boot! No ****!

i bought a DPMS for 600 about 6 months ago.. thought id go buy another and they were 1050!!!!????!!!! damn..

I didn't ask about S&W, just Del Ton's which they were sold out of, then the DPMS which they had 2 of earlier today. If they still have both, I'm gonna keep the DPMS Oracle for myself and try to sell the other one in a couple weeks and make some good profit.

News reporting record gun sales in the ATL today, One dealer (Adventure Outdoors) set an all time record on gun sales Saturday, then busted that by like 20 or 25% today.

Stopped at Wal-Mart this morning....Had 1 Sig and 1 Colt .22 cal. AR versions in the rack. Almost bought one...lol

mdo817 said:
News reporting record gun sales in the ATL today, One dealer (Adventure Outdoors) set an all time record on gun sales Saturday, then busted that by like 20 or 25% today.

The gunstore I called yesterday evening with the two DPMS's in stock sold em pretty much right after I got off the phone with them because I called at 3pm lol. I called as soon as they opened this morning and they were gone but had 8 AR's left, 3 or 4 of which were under $800 and the others were around a grand to $1200. I ended up buying a Double Star AR15 flat top with Magpul MBUS flip up sights, chrome lined barrel, and coyote tan furniture on it to keep for myself...then bought an Olympic Arms AR15 all black flat top with no optics to sell. I got there just over an hour after they opened (40 minute drive) and they had sold 2 before I got there and sold one to another guy while I was there and I bought 2 myself so there's 5 AR's off the shelf within the first two hours of business on a rainy Thursday morning molaugh

Correction, it's called Flat Dark Earth, not Coyote Tan lol Here's the link to the exact one I bought. Can't wait to shoot it! :woot:

http://www.star15.com/DSC_FDE_RIFLE.html

This is the one I'll have for sale, probably going to put a cheap optic on it before listing it for sale. Actually this one has a stainless barrel which was $50 more and looked gay so I went with all black and saved $50

http://www.gunpundit.com/6347.php

doctordick said:
A 3" 12G shotgun shell holds 15 double ought buck pellets that are each the size of a .38 slug. I can easily get off 2 rounds a second from my 870, that's like 30 rounds from a .38 or a 9mm in one second or less. Homey don't need no stinkin' assault rifle!

Ats right! BOOM BOOM BOOM! All I own is a deer rifle and a couple shotguns and I feel like I can protect my family just fine with them! Only thing I'm missing that I want is a good pistol, been thinkin bout gettin a Taurus Judge

When I arrived at Gander Mountain, they were out of .223 ammo. Then they brought out 200 boxes that were $10/each. One guy grabbed 100, the other grabbed the other 100. $2000 in ammo gone 30 seconds after bringing it to the shelf.

I had a chance to buy a rock river arms operator 2 with eotec sight and forward gripbwith light and laser plus 3 magpul clips and 900 rounds of ammo for 1500 but for some dumb reason i passed i am still kicking my self.

jpcrawler80 said:
I had a chance to buy a rock river arms operator 2 with eotec sight and forward gripbwith light and laser plus 3 magpul clips and 900 rounds of ammo for 1500 but for some dumb reason i passed i am still kicking my self.

Friend of mine just bought one of those brand new minus the extra stuff 2 days ago for $929 before tax I believe it was.

ibrokeit said:
When I arrived at Gander Mountain, they were out of .223 ammo. Then they brought out 200 boxes that were $10/each. One guy grabbed 100, the other grabbed the other 100. $2000 in ammo gone 30 seconds after bringing it to the shelf.

Damn!

One thing about it....'Ol Barry can stimulate the economy. Folks spending mattress money fast as someone will take it.

(I hate the bastard and all his minions.)