• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas transfer case

redneckengineered said:
They are Mast sheets. Crank #s. My engine is a hand built forged stroker and hers is the drop in kit. I don't know many guys making 530 HP to the ground in a rockcrawler and who compares those numbers anyway other than car guys? Way too many variables.

kinda figured, but had to ask. there's some seriously strong motors out there and wasn't sure if you were one of them. not sure what Richie's would put down, but motors like those make some awesome power.

mine is an lq4 6.0. has custom grind cam (comp cam), texas speed heads, headers, etc..... it should be a solid 500hp motor I would think. with the 5.38s and the 3.8 I'll hit the rev limiter sooner, but I should be able to hang until then thumb.gif and if I can't, it'll be fun trying

btw, you and the Mrs have some really nice rigs.

Re: Atlas transfer case

redneckengineered said:
Ain't nobody gonna touch the Trailer Park Panty Dropper son, depending on how far we drag the 4.56 gears and 2.7 low on the 4 speed is deadly. I can run it up to near 60 mph and it launches out of the hole. I didn't even mention that the motor was out getting a "rebuild" :woot:

I'll take some of this action

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

1tfrot said:
kinda figured, but had to ask. there's some seriously strong motors out there and wasn't sure if you were one of them. not sure what Richie's would put down, but motors like those make some awesome power.

mine is an lq4 6.0. has custom grind cam (comp cam), texas speed heads, headers, etc..... it should be a solid 500hp motor I would think. with the 5.38s and the 3.8 I'll hit the rev limiter sooner, but I should be able to hang until then thumb.gif and if I can't, it'll be fun trying

btw, you and the Mrs have some really nice rigs.

Appreciate that. If you ever get down this way to do some riding be sure to holler.

redneckengineered said:
Ain't nobody gonna touch the Trailer Park Panty Dropper son, depending on how far we drag the 4.56 gears and 2.7 low on the 4 speed is deadly. I can run it up to near 60 mph and it launches out of the hole. I didn't even mention that the motor was out getting a "rebuild" :woot:

I'd pay to see you and Bill Baird drag race

Not trying to hijack but what ratio atlas works best with 6.0 lq4 4l80 and rockwells I am leaning towards 3.0 bc mostly trail riding and crawling and hoping that the 0.75 OD will allow some wheel speed anyone have experience with this setup

jccarter1 said:
Not trying to hijack but what ratio atlas works best with 6.0 lq4 4l80 and rockwells I am leaning towards 3.0 bc mostly trail riding and crawling and hoping that the 0.75 OD will allow some wheel speed anyone have experience with this setup

If you didn't have the OD I would say 2.0 but the OD gear essentially gives you the same 4th gear ratio with a 3.0 case that a 2.0 case without an OD would have in 3rd gear.

.75 OD * 3.0 * 6.72 = 15:1
1.0 3rd gear * 2.0 * 6.75 = 13.44:1

I wish I had gone with a 4l80 instead of my th400. Then I would feel that my ratios were perfect. I would have the best of both worlds. A nice low 1st for slow crawling and a nice high OD for wheel speed.

jccarter1 said:

This is less of a hijack than us idiots talking about HP and drag racing :****:

Neal3000 said:
I'd pay to see you and Bill Baird drag race

Bill-Baird-Dirt-Riot.jpg

This Bill Baird? From what I have heard it wouldn't be much of a race. I've heard that engine is well beyond what anyone in this thread has yet posted. I've heard that motor is in the 700+hp range.

jccarter1 said:
That is what I was hoping the only thing I am concerned about is the strength of OD

In any case, .75 od * 2 t-case * 6.72 axle = 10:1. I doubt that gear would be useful for much of anything.

patooyee said:
Bill-Baird-Dirt-Riot.jpg

This Bill Baird? From what I have heard it wouldn't be much of a race. I've heard that engine is well beyond what anyone in this thread has yet posted. I've heard that motor is in the 700+hp range.

I would say that you are correct, i've never seen anything rip it up like that sumbitch

Neal3000 said:
I would say that you are correct, i've never seen anything rip it up like that sumbitch

X100, that thing sounds wicked and goes as fast as it sounds! :****:

patooyee said:
In any case, .75 od * 2 t-case * 6.72 axle = 10:1. I doubt that gear would be useful for much of anything.

With a 3:1 case the od would be very useful for trail cruising or catching up with the group without having to spin the motor up

TBItoy said:
With a 3:1 case the od would be very useful for trail cruising or catching up with the group without having to spin the motor up

Right. I'm saying the OD with a 2.0 case would be too high to be very useful at all. So the OD is really only useful with a 3.0 case.

patooyee said:
Right. I'm saying the OD with a 2.0 case would be too high to be very useful at all. So the OD is really only useful with a 3.0 case.

Ha check out the time stamps on the posts. Somehow I went back in time and quoted your old post before the edit. Or the edit time stamp is wrong !?

AnywAy, I liked my 700r4.

And my AW4/4:1D300 combo. And A4LD in a 1 ton ranger with duals.

Hell I guess I've never had a non OD trans in a rock crawler. Haha