• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Battery keeps going dead...

BUG-E J said:
I'm at a honda dealer and that thing was a pos. If you go to training at the Alpharetta spot ask Brad about them. :****:
I did all my training at the south FL training center. I recently quit after 10 years there. I have to say that my fluke is much nicer but I never had any problems with the honda one.

jta said:
I did all my training at the south FL training center. I recently quit after 10 years there. I have to say that my fluke is much nicer but I never had any problems with the honda one.
This is my 10th and hopefully final year. I'm up to 3 ring jobs a week. :(

BUG-E J said:
This is my 10th and hopefully final year. I'm up to 3 ring jobs a week. :(

Fawk that! I spent yesterday pulling a trans and drilling out a broken crossthreaded starter bolt on an accord. I can't do heavyline stuff daily, although it is usually 1-2 times a week. I think i'm going the adviser route for a little while.

grcthird said:
Fawk that! I spent yesterday pulling a trans and drilling out a broken crossthreaded starter bolt on an accord. I can't do heavyline stuff daily, although it is usually 1-2 times a week. I think i'm going the adviser route for a little while.
We are having some oil consumption issues and Honda is ringing the affected cylinders. They don't even let us put bearing or pistons in them. Reuse the old bearings and clean the pistons up, no honing or checking anything, slap the rings in and go. 6.2 hours to pull the back head off a v6 and knock the pistons out in car. Right now as I am typing this we have 4 in the shop torn down and 3 in the parking lot. We only have 5 techs and have them scheduled out for the next 3 weeks. The one sitting in my stall has 170k miles on it and Honda is paying for it! :****:

Damn that is stupid. What years, engines?

Just to contribute to this thread, I looked this problem up on identifix this afternoon. There are all kinds of things listed as causing this problem, not one thing any more than another, saw several body control modules causing this.

BUG-E J said:
We are having some oil consumption issues and Honda is ringing the affected cylinders. They don't even let us put bearing or pistons in them. Reuse the old bearings and clean the pistons up, no honing or checking anything, slap the rings in and go. 6.2 hours to pull the back head off a v6 and knock the pistons out in car. Right now as I am typing this we have 4 in the shop torn down and 3 in the parking lot. We only have 5 techs and have them scheduled out for the next 3 weeks. The one sitting in my stall has 170k miles on it and Honda is paying for it! :****:
i never did one. We had 3 or 4 guys that liked doing them.

Didn't work on any Hondas tonight.....but still no luck on finding the battery drain on my Suburban. Think I need to find some gas and matches!

June dog said:
Any luck getting this fixed? ???
Pretty sure it's in the dome lights. Not seeing any lights on at night but I turned them off and so far so good....maybe could be the door switch? :dunno:

Re:

Does it have a premium sound package? Bose or anything? Those amps tend to go faulty after years and will stay on.

johneddie said:
Pretty sure it's in the dome lights. Not seeing any lights on at night but I turned them off and so far so good....maybe could be the door switch? :dunno:

2003 should have the feature that turns off the dome lights, headlamps, ect if left on for a certain amount of time. My 06 sierra turns them off after 15 minutes or so and I know the driver door switch is acting up. I think they call it battery run down protection. Maybe that is not working right and not turning stuff off.

grcthird said:
2003 should have the feature that turns off the dome lights, headlamps, ect if left on for a certain amount of time. My 06 sierra turns them off after 15 minutes or so and I know the driver door switch is acting up. I think they call it battery run down protection. Maybe that is not working right and not turning stuff off.
Yeah it shuts off the lights but the only thing I've done this time is turn the dome lights "off" completely. And like I said, so far the battery hasn't went dead again since... ???

Re: Re: Re:

johneddie said:
Yeah its got the Bose system in it.
Those amps will go faulty and become a parasite to the electrical system, its rare but it does happen, ive seen it. My maxima had it and before I ran 0 gauge and added another battery for sound system(thus removing factory components) it was killing my battery out.

I've seen alot of the factory cd players go bad and randomly try to draw and eject phantom discs. I seen one that had a bad vanity mirror switch and the lights stayed on even with the cover closed :dunno:

I hate electrical drains...A meter and time is going to be your game.

Latest posts