• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BEER is GOOD

null_zps67ef6cd7.png

This is my grain bill, I used pb2 I added it at 5 mins before flame out

Matt O. said:
Are you adding any more PB2 to the secondary?
I thought about it although my recipe doesn't call for it, I prolly won't since I don't think I'll make it by wal mart within the next few days

I still can't find Winter Abbey but I did pick up a Blue Moon assortment pack tonight.

Mountain Abbey Ale thumb.gif
Short Straw :dblthumb:
Rounder :dunno:
Gingerbread Ale :puke:

85toyo said:
I still can't find Winter Abbey but I did pick up a Blue Moon assortment pack tonight.

Haha, I was in Walmart and seen the Mountain Abbey Ale, so I picked up 2 sixxers of it.....thinking they just changed the name. Well, supposedly according to Wikipedia, they did just change the name. Was Winter Abbey Ale for a couple years and I reckon it's Mountain Abbey Ale this year. I just drank one and it ain't got near the flavor of the Winter Abbey I used to drink this time of the year. I don't know if these are just a flat batch or what, sumbitch didn't even make a head when I poured it into a glass. I've never had any of the others you listed. I drank some of the Agave Nectar **** they had out while I was in Charlotte for work back in July, and did not care for it. If this Mountain Abbey **** isn't any better when I buy some more in a week or two, then I'm switching back to Sam Adams Winter Lager for my winter beer.

And for future reference, when drinking a beer of taste, it's always much better out of a glass than a can/bottle.

TacomaJD said:
And for future reference, when drinking a beer of taste, it's always much better out of a glass than a can/bottle.

I agree but that's hard to do when you're in a hotel with little plastic cups :****:

B Gillespie said:
Pack a silipint.

Silipint-4-Pack-Outdoors.jpg

I have to get one of these. I bought a good glass while I was out of town so I could drink my Chimay Blue one time. Then I was worried about it shattering in my bag the rest of the trip.

85toyo said:

We had 100 cases of Short Straw for $12 a case....it's an ok starter into the craft genre

lowbudgetjunk said:
We had 100 cases of Short Straw for $12 a case....it's an ok starter into the craft genre

You mean half cases? $12 is what a case of Milwaukee's Best costs......which is one reason I drank it ;D

TacomaJD said:
You mean half cases? $12 is what a case of Milwaukee's Best costs......which is one reason I drank it ;D

No, I mean full cases.....24 bottles :drinkers:

Re: Re: Re: BEER is GOOD

kmcminn said:
Just had a peanut butter porter, a little to peanut buttery for me. But a pumpkin ale hit the spot.

You like men.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Sam Adams Winter Variety Pack.

e2enepy6.jpg

3e3upydu.jpg

aqa2ube8.jpg

avesereb.jpg

ty3e9yzu.jpg

And some Rammer Jammer....
tubuqyzy.jpg

And my 30 yr old buddies in their high school jerseys....lol
u8y9a3uv.jpg

I had some Terrapin Moo-Hoo on draft the other day. Its like drinking a Irish car bomb but you don't fall down afterwards. Good stuff

Lol, I remember Milwaukees Beast! That was the go to beer in high school when I lived in the midwest. Good times... :woot:
Im spoiled now living in the Beer Mecca zone. My cheap beer of choice is usually Coors light...Im no beer snob, but I do like the finer ales...
WP_20140108_tds.jpg

WP_20130524_018.jpg

WP_20130522_004.jpg

Latest posts