• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bonneville Bound Speedweek 2010

FYRL

**** You Robert Leady
Robert is the guy that painted it for me. The story is...(Short version) He and another dude are out drinking. Other dudes wife thinks he is at the shop finishing some paying work and not out ****ing off. She drives by bar/restaurant and see's his car. Whips in, goes in see's him drinking, lights into his ass in front of the whole place. Like pin drop quite at this point. She turns to leave and something happened (maybe a snide laugh) and she turns back and yells "**** YOU ROBERT LEADY!!!!!!" and storms out.

He is towing with his Cheby. 3/4 ton 4X4 "Chaser 1" but he had to put the stock bed back on to clear the trailer.

Dave and Tellgy (SP) left yesterday in dave's truck pulling the "support trailer" and Wyatt left today in his truck pulling the Car in his enclosed trail.

Not sure if he is sollo or his someone riding with him though.

I knew it was a long haul but DAM 27 hours is some serious ass time :****:.

Aight, 10am turned into 8pm on departure.
We dad and i are 1 hour from Wendover.
Teske left 36 hours earlier but got in this afternoon, and has already setup so
e of the pit on the salt.
No one can stay on the salt at night so we are in a motel.

The drive has brought the huge suck. Looks like 30 hours is the number!!
So today was total randomness as well (Fri the 13th)
Ran into Lance (PSC) at a DQ in New Mexico they were headed to Moab. Then stopped at Jimmys in Cortez. Always good to see the Rodds and Randy ran me by Honda for a new tube for my booyang
Then caught up with the Dallas guys and they had to do a roadside repair, turns out Brian Gillispee is driving by headed back to Texas and sees them and stops. Then i stop. So it was a totaly random reunion on a two lane in Utah.

Last random. Almost ran out of fuel seriously coasted 20+ miles in nuetral. Truck took 48.2 gal in a 48 gal tank. **** utah on I-70...110 miles between fuel stations!!!! So we make the station, I go to prepay and grabbing the back door handle of the Phillips 66 in Salina, Utah is a 4406 Usnick Motorsports sticker. Made my night, and a great laugh. Ron told me it was from the return from Vegas to Reno last year.

This place is pretty cool.
Seen some junk and I do mean JUNK. But for the most part have been pretty impressed. Then there are the high attention to detail/fab cars that just blow you away.

We left the motel at 8:30 and finally got in the Tech line at 2pm. We got back to our pit at 7pm and you have to be off the salt by 8pm. So no racing yet.
We have a Rookie driver meeting at 11am and can hopefully be licensing by 1pm.

Ok back to TECH. First waited in line forever, then when we pulled it under the canopy I literally stripped it. It got gone over with mirrors, micrometers, flashlights to the firewalls. Hose by hose routing. Ummmm it was humbling. That all said, new car new build and it passed tech cleared for racing. They did note one mod we have to have done by next meet, but we already planned on changing it (side firewalls on chassis).

So that is HUGE the car passed TECH!!!

Bad news though. All three drivers failed. Can't get out of the car with our HANS on in full race gear. I went first and I have done "Bail Out" trainig in it at home but never with my firesuit on. Anyway even skinny ass Teske got stuck. So what happens is you Hans would hook under the Helmet padding on the rollbars and you were done!!!
So before we got tosses
off the salt at 8. I cut those pads back 8" from the leading edge of the cage, then bent it in. Gaining 2" of width for 10"s on either side of your helmet. Additionally, I cut 2" off the bottom of one side of the dash to aid you knee goin under quicker allowing you to drop to get in a bit easier or get out easier. Didn't test fit yet though.
We retry "Bail Out" in the am. Headed for the salt at 6am.

Maybe he should of got one of these. seems to work very well

ue3.jpg

Let's just start by saying thugs haven't gone as planned.

Car still sitting in pit runs like a champ!!! Zero runs down course though.
Somehow the tach setup shot the bed. We are overnighting a new mechanical setup from Indy. No guarantee FedEx or 10am. Fingers crossed!!!

So The short of it is we aren't willing to risk over revving the motor and damage by not knowing the RPMs
To that note we are running a RacePak IQ3 Datalogger for our guages. Everything works great 'cept Tach. I called their Tech Support this morning and the guy beat me to my pit. no hot bad ass service, but didn't know ****. Still not picking up the Magneto signal to still
****ed!

Alright on to tomorrow, I'm driving all day. basically, rookie pass through all license runs and a run on a Red Hat. So no pressure i have to have the car in impound tomorrow night with a run over 220 or it screws dad and Toms chances of getting a shot at the 200mph club this week.

To add
our luck hasn't been off pace for all the Texas teams. One houston team already left after spinning out at 165 and bending a spindle. Lotsa just bad luck.

Salt it super this year is what Im told and I got to see/hear Ron Main in the Poteet/Main streamliner go 408mph and 417mph out the backdoor like a big dog.

And the editor of Hot Rod Magazine called our motor "Disco Bitchin' "

Good times working on my tan....not even a joke

Dam that sucks!

How many more days do you guys have till you have to leave?

Doesn't sound like you guys have enough time to all get Hats. If you need any parts from H-town call me. I'll go pick them up and next day them to you.

While you are waiting will they let you make a record pass on the 50? A record is a record in my book booyang booyang