• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bottom dollar!? Wtf

I have xxx amount of money,, put all the items you'll sell for this amount in the floor to get it out of your way... If I like it then we deal.

Nuts said:
And what about the retards that want to trade you their Xbox,50 DVDs,an old refridgerater,3 half tread swampers, a baby crib,2 chickens,a 1978 honda cb450 that "just needs a little work", and dog cage because they think that all that crap sold seperatly would equall your asking price and then they get mad when you tell them to :gtfo:
dude WTF man, I told you that cb450 ran when I parked it :flipoff1:

If you post something for sale with your "bottom dollar" price , you're a dumb ass. People dont call you up and say "Hey, I know your asking $1000, but will you take $1200?" When you put up something for sale you put your best case scenerio price that you'd expect to get. Sometimes your low and you'll get a couple people fighting over it or it will sell fast.

If someone asks "whats your bottom dollar", it's because they are trying to feel you out instead of "low balling". As a seller, you're not required to answer with a figure. You can just say "make me an offer".

IMO, don't bitch when you have tire kickers. Thats like not talking to a customer that comes in your retail store or walks onto your car lot. Ignoring a potential buyer is bad for buisness.

I'd rather have low ball offers than NO offers.

This makes me think of a story of a friend who got reverse low balled by a seller on Craigslist once. F*ckin hilarious.

So my buddy goes to buy this item he finds on craigslist ( i cant remember what it was). The ad said $100. My buddy thought that was too much and offered him $80. The seller goes "Oh man, is it really on Craigslist for $100?! I told my wife to list that for $125! Well... I guess I could do $110 on it." So my buddy actually bites, and pays this guy $110 for an item that was listed at $100!! Classic.

I hate fawkers who say they want something so you go get them a total with shipping and send them your paypal or mailing addy then never hear from them again

mrdrinksalil said:
This makes me think of a story of a friend who got reverse low balled by a seller on Craigslist once. F*ckin hilarious.

So my buddy goes to buy this item he finds on craigslist ( i cant remember what it was). The ad said $100. My buddy thought that was too much and offered him $80. The seller goes "Oh man, is it really on Craigslist for $100?! I told my wife to list that for $125! Well... I guess I could do $110 on it." So my buddy actually bites, and pays this guy $110 for an item that was listed at $100!! Classic.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHa i had a buddy do the same thing! I usually just say come take a look and make an offer. Everything i sell is a little negotiable but im not gonna take half of what i listed it for. Id rather just keep it.

Have to admit it but I usually ask for a bottom dollar. Most people list things with a little room to work with a buyer. At least I do. So if I'm told a price that sounds good or if they say the price is firm I'll either buy it or move on. I hate low balling someone cause I hate when its done to me.

i ask someone what they want for something and if i like the price i pay them if not most of the time i just walk away if someone said make me an offer then i will ask bottom dollar

I think haggling is a lost art. I buy and sell a bunch of stuff and I have no problem throwing out a low ball offer. Worst thing you can say is no. I dont mind when it happens to me, its all part of the game.

With the bad luck I've had with buyers....Not even gonna comment on this. ::)

It would be nice to have a sticky in the sales sections to post good and bad experiences with buyers and sellers.

For instance... "Marty" is one hell of a good guy to deal with. I bought some harnesses from him. They were exactly as described and he shipped them the next day after payment....just as he said he would. It was as good of a transaction as anyone could ask for. (Thanks Marty!) :dblthumb:

It'd be nice to have a place to post things like this for other buyers to see. A lot of things we sell get shipped. If you can look at some feedback on a seller. It would be easier to send money to them, rather than some random dude on the net.

Just my $.02

Draco said:
With the bad luck I've had with buyers....Not even gonna comment on this. ::)

It would be nice to have a sticky in the sales sections to post good and bad experiences with buyers and sellers.

For instance... "Marty" is one hell of a good guy to deal with. I bought some harnesses from him. They were exactly as described and he shipped them the next day after payment....just as he said he would. It was as good of a transaction as anyone could ask for. (Thanks Marty!) :dblthumb:

It'd be nice to have a place to post things like this for other buyers to see. A lot of things we sell get shipped. If you can look at some feedback on a seller. It would be easier to send money to them, rather than some random dude on the net.

Just my $.02

X10!! Ive had a few sales go bad myself and it would definately be nice to see feedback on other sellers. I dont buy/sell on a daily basis but i would feel more comfortable sending someone ive never met my money if i seen that others have had good luck with said seller.

I've never had trouble selling anything. When they ask me "What's your bottom dollar?" I just say "That depends." If you want it now, my bottom dollar is my asking price. If it doesn't sell in a few weeks I might lower it some. It's whatever the market will bear.

Vehicles are a little trickier, but used parts are easy. I look them up new and list them for half price. If someone wants something, it's usually worth going used to get half price.

ls1tech.com has seller ratings that are listed underneath every members' avatar.

J. J.

If you say "firm" then I don't bother asking the bottom dollar. But if it says neg or OBO then hell yeah you better be ready for "what's your bottom dollar" If that offends you then you should try EBAY!!! loller.gif

Here's what I love... $1200 FIRM!!!

then 3 days later $1000 FIRM!!! :wtflol:

I have my JK listed for 23500 OBO and when they ask I say 22500. that's it! And still I have had 2 offers for 22k and 2 offers for 20k. Guess what? I still didn't get pissed.. Loosen up bro!

danb303 said:
If you say "firm" then I don't bother asking the bottom dollar. But if it says neg or OBO then hell yeah you better be ready for "what's your bottom dollar"
I agree on the "firm". I won't make an offer if that's what is said. Either pay it or not. However, OBO means "or best offer", so I expect offers and not bottom dollar questions.

The art of closing a sale seems to be fading. I like to haggle on both sides of the deal - buying and selling. Otherwise I'd put "FIRM" after every price and make it my bottom dollar from the word "go".

To each their own 8)

Seeing how everyone has so many different notions on what is and isn't ok during negotiations it is no longer a surprise to me how so many people get butt hurt when selling and buying. I used to have this notion that I spoke some sort of universal bargaining language but now I see that there just isn't one.

J. J.

danb303 said:
If you say "firm" then I don't bother asking the bottom dollar. But if it says neg or OBO then hell yeah you better be ready for "what's your bottom dollar" If that offends you then you should try EBAY!!! loller.gif

Here's what I love... $1200 FIRM!!!

then 3 days later $1000 FIRM!!! :wtflol:

I have my JK listed for 23500 OBO and when they ask I say 22500. that's it! And still I have had 2 offers for 22k and 2 offers for 20k. Guess what? I still didn't get pissed.. Loosen up bro!

I'll give ya $20k and you can keep them big ol green Moab-trip gas jugs on the back :****:

I agree, between pickers and all the pawn shop shows, every one thinks they have to throw out a low ball offer. I hate it when some one start negotiating over the phone, not having actually seen the item. When they start throwing out offers, I politely tell them, if you want to make an offer, come over here and see it, if you don't want to drive over here and see it, I'm not taking your offers seriously. If they are not close, I offer to send them pictures. There are a lot of tire kickers that get their jollies just see how far they can get you down on something, then never showing up. If some one is serious enough to drive over, then I will take their offers serious. If I'm looking for something to buy, I usually research it enough to know what its worth and what I'm ready to spend, if they want more than I;m willing to pay, I'll contact them to get all the details, go look at it, then make an offer, with cash in hand. If they want more than I'm wiling to pay, then so be it, I'll think them for their time and I'll move along, I'll leave them with my offer and number, if no one else is interested at their price, if they want to contact me later then they have my number. Usually I price stuff to sell, if I have it up for sale then I don't need it any more and i want it gone, but there is an amount that I think its worth that i won't go below. I had a guy wanting buy my car one time, he was a friend of a friend, I drove it over to him and gave him a very fair price, he started trying to pick it apart, I called BS on everything he said, he offered me half of what i was asking. I knew he just paid more than what i was asking for a similar car in nowhere near as good of shape as my car was. I told him again what I wanted, he repeated his ridiculous offer, I told thanks for wasting my time, told him :flipgotcha: My friend apologized over and over to me for wasting my time with this guy. They next day, I sold the car for the asking price. To that guy, it was all about the game, not the car, I didn't have time for games. I've made low ball offer to people before, but it was usually based on what I had to spend, hard to offer more than you have. I told them the item was worth more than I had, and politely offered them what i had at the time, if they said no, I thanked them for their time and moved on, I left them with my number and told them to call if no one else was interested. Some times they called later, some times some one else bought it.