BS build

hotwheels000

I decided to try a build thread with pics. This build is called BS build

Bohemoth Scale build

On to the pics

The beginning of a frame---C channel and solid stock 18.5"wheels base

Its a roller

with body at full compresion

At full droop, I have designed this to run at full compresion since it will be hauling a 4-5' trailer eventially. In other words all articulation happens at droop. I have been wanting to try this type of suspension for a while and figure since this is not a comp rig I could see first hand how well or poorly it will perform.

tilt cab and bed

manditory flex-----this is just a little less than 1/2 of its ability to articulate. I will play with limiting it as needed. What is amazing is that it will not tip over at full flex which is roughly 85*,suprized me because I thougt it would be really top heavy. I guess putting that nylint battery in the cradle is good ballast.

The other nice thing about the droop set up is it allows me to run the body fairly low with out having to trim the fenders to alleaviate any rubbing since all the artic happens at droop.

I will update with the trailer as soon as I get around to building it. Say good bye to packing my sh!t down to the comps. I will be driving it all to the spot:D

Devlin

looks like an awsome start to an interesting build. Looking foward to see where you go with it. Was the Tilt setup for show? or is there a reason? and 4 1/2' !!!!jesus ya could haul the family on that too!

Last edited:
Knok2222 said:
looks like an awsome start to an interesting build. Looking foward to see where you go with it. Was the Tilt setup for show? or is there a reason? and 4 1/2' !!!!jesus ya could haul the family on that too!

Just to make general access to everything easier and a little show also.

Last edited:
smr4runner said:
Somebody has been a little busy beaver.
Nice work Dev.:corn:

Yeah I started on it Friday night and probally have 15 or more hours into it, best part is the wife cant complain she bought it for me for x-mas. Although she was a little suprised when I ripped it all apart the next day.

I have decided I suck at welding (again)and am sure glad I have a bunch of sanding disks

Last edited:
Thanks Devlin now no one can complain that my F650 is to big...my truck will look like a mouse next to the bohemoth.

Chad-

hotwheels000 said:
Yeah I started on it Friday night and probally have 15 or more hours into it, best part is the wife cant complain she bought it for me for x-mas. Although she was a little suprised when I ripped it all apart the next day.

I have decided I suck at welding (again)and am sure glad I have a bunch of sanding disks

Ya. I ripped both rigs apart the day after our GTG. Rebuilt the clod axles with the 303 steels and rebuilt the TLTs as well.
Now I need to put both back together before comp.

Hey Dev, those are some NICE looking lower links you got there. Glad you found a good use for them. Truck is looking good. Keep it up.
Nathan

Tanis said:
Hey Dev, those are some NICE looking lower links you got there. Glad you found a good use for them. Truck is looking good. Keep it up.
Nathan

Thanks

I need to figure them out a bit, the dam things roll over to the side becuase of the leverage the shocks apply to them. I am thinking some washers to fill the gap between the pivot balls and standoffs.

Did they do that when you had them on the G-made ??

I installed the electronics tonight and was able to drive it,droop suspension sure acts weird. I hate to say it but it reminds me of a nylint:puke: Time for some tuning and tweeking. I just need to remind myself it is a crawler hualer not a comp rig

Last edited:
Yeah they did the same thing on the gmade chassis. I think that it is because they are highclearance links and so they twist as they move to the side. I didn't bother trying to figure out what to do to fix them as I built a stick instead.
Nathan

Craig cw said:
Nice wheels too,glad you put them to use. Build is looking cool so far. Keep up the good work.

I am actually thinking of using the nylint front axle also to steer the trailer, I may use the jeep body to bash with. I havent meusered it yet, but I know for sure my 1/5 scale monster beetle body fits right on there. Those 12v batts sure do give the clod axles some wheel speed.

Tonight it will get the RAM lights,all the chrome plastic adornments,and the shocks and links adjusted. I still have to build a interior roll bar for it so the body will handle a good thwack. Then I guess I will tear it apart for the 10th time and sandblast and paint the frame.

Well I got a little more work doner on it tonight and was able to drive it around

electronics installed

steps and tanks installed

working headlights and taillights

supporting the LHS. if you cant read it it says remote control hobbies (RCH)

I took some mesurements and the trailer will be 14.5 wide and 52 long plus hitch.Overall hieght when loaded will be around 20" so it will be about 4 inches taller than the hualer. I am thinking of a tire rack up front for the super tires,with a tool box under that. 2 tire racks under the trailer frame for the 2.2 tires and another tool box under there also.

The 2.2 comp rig will sit under the upper forward tire rack partially then a ramp that leads up to the trailing edge of the rack with a small flat area for the supers front tires to rest on, then the scaler behind the super.

Should be a full load, might have to get an oversize load permit :D

Devlin

Lookin' good Dev!

So if the trailer is gonna be almost 6 feet long, are you gonna need a trailer to haul your trailer to the comp?!?!?!:wtf:

No kidding,truck and trailer will be over 7' long

I will probablly have to build a new hobby table just to store/display the whole thing, my table is only 6' long

I started on the trailer tonight,made entirly out of aluminium. I still need to build the tongue,it will be built out of steel. I also have to mount the axles and tires. I am using the stock CXT tires but I think I will end up putting my spare super tires under there. That way they will be with me at the comps if needed

On to the pics

the trailer

the cat

toys loaded

neighbors kid for comparison( he is 6'5" tall and this is longer.)

Devlin

Last edited:
Nice work Dev, that thing is fawking huge!

I was thinking about your hauler, you ever thought about doing duals in the back, like Tim has on his tow truck? Just an idea....

Todd1803 said:
Nice work Dev, that thing is fawking huge!

I was thinking about your hauler, you ever thought about doing duals in the back, like Tim has on his tow truck? Just an idea....

I thought about it but do not want the tires sticking out of the wheels wells and cant seem to find any decent fenderflare material that will look good.Plus it would mean I would have to buy more tires as it would be a shame to cut up those 2 good nylint I own.:D

It does have dually on the trailer along with a tag axle