• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chainsaw ? ? ?

JBuck

Alright what is your saw? I have a Little Stihl 260 and need a bigger one to go for the bigger stuff. Looking at the MS361's, MS440's and MS460's.

What do you run/recommend?

stihl

Go with the ms440,best all around saw stihl makes. stay away from any of the odd numbered saws like the 361. the 460 is the same saw as the 440 just a little more power.

I've got an 024AV I've been using for several years as an all around saw (bought at the pawn shop for $90!:D ), but when I moved out to the county, and now burn wood, I picked up two bigger saws-an almost new 034AV, and an old skool 034---both run killer(the 034 has been hopped up, but needs clutch) Paid $350 for both as a package.....really happy with 'em!:awesomework:I've also got an 016AV my dad bought new---needs carb work---it's a cute lil saw!!!:D

I've got a Stihl 029 and a 036...as well as an Echo 330 and 160. All older saws....The little saw is perfect for carving.
I prefer the older model Stihls over the newer ones....seem better quality.

MS 440 or older 044....can't go wrong. Both are a good upgrade from your current saw:awesomework:

I am looking to purchase a STIHL 441(the new model of the 440) with the 28" bar, and a skip tooth chain, and then get a 2 HP weed eater/brush cutter:cool:

i bought a MS310 this year and used it to get my fire wood and was real happy with it,it came with a 20" bar.

stihls

You would be better off looking for a 044 or a ms440 over that 441, the new model odd numbered saws are junk and havent heard anything good about them from people who have them. Im no expert but i do run alot of stihl saws.029,031,045,056mag 038pro,044,064moded, ms660.

Well I ended up getting a MS460 with a 32'' bar and skip tooth chain then they threw in a 25" with a full chisel chain to boot. Now just waiting for the land to close so I can start having fun.

Well I ended up getting a MS460 with a 32'' bar and skip tooth chain then they threw in a 25" with a full chisel chain to boot. Now just waiting for the land to close so I can start having fun.

Sweet!!! :awesomework: