• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chris Stapleton

money_pit_yj

Have I been under a rock for the past year? Is he some super secret country music phenom that I missed or is he relatively unknown? Im just not sure how I missed him as much as I try to look for alternatives to Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia line and all these new douches. Anybody have anymore of his stuff? I just downloaded "traveller"

Music industry in nashville isn't what it used to be. I've heard he turned down the big name labels because they wanted to change his "look" and style too probably. He is a true country artist. I'd say there's a lot more out there like him

There are a number of mainstream radio hits that were actually his, just recorded by other artists like Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan, Darius Rucker and George Strait. I've enjoyed his music for a while, just afraid that his next album is going to end up sounding like all the other bullshit on the radio now that he is getting recognized. If you haven't seen him live, go find a show near you.

I actually referred this album to someone else this morning before I saw this thread. I like it.

Eric Church also has a new album out for download only. It is a little different than his normal stuff. I am still not sure how I feel about it.

creepycrawly said:
I actually referred this album to someone else this morning before I saw this thread. I like it.

Eric Church also has a new album out for download only. It is a little different than his normal stuff. I am still not sure how I feel about it.

i dont like ec new ****. only heard a couple songs off it and not a huge fan.

i hadnt chris stapleton until the cma the other night. sounds like old school country.

He is a KY guy grew up in Lexington. He makes me think of country music in the early 80's my favorite

I also do not understand how I've totally missed this guy... Sadly I just now heard of him because of the cma's and that's all I've been listening to since. And the band he was in called steel drivers also have great music

I have strong opinions on fm country radio and I'll just keep those to myself as to not offend many here. I will say turn that **** off and turn on your pandora or the like and start exploring good music. Lots of it comes out of Texas and Oklahoma and you'll likely never hear that stuff on your local country station unless you're in those states. I saw The Black Lillies and Turnpike Troubadours on Friday night then saw Whitey Morgan on Saturday night. It was a good wknd, even scored a koozie at the WM show that says in LARGE print **** POP COUNTRY.

Stapleton has been around for a long time. As Wizzo said lookup the steel drivers older stuff and he did an album under the Jompson Brothers that has a couple great songs on it. The man has amazing vocals.

GONOVRIT said:
I have strong opinions on fm country radio and I'll just keep those to myself as to not offend many here. I will say turn that **** off and turn on your pandora or the like and start exploring good music. Lots of it comes out of Texas and Oklahoma and you'll likely never hear that stuff on your local country station unless you're in those states. I saw The Black Lillies and Turnpike Troubadours on Friday night then saw Whitey Morgan on Saturday night. It was a good wknd, even scored a koozie at the WM show that says in LARGE print **** POP COUNTRY.

Stapleton has been around for a long time. As Wizzo said lookup the steel drivers older stuff and he did an album under the Jompson Brothers that has a couple great songs on it. The man has amazing vocals.

I'll say it: Luke Bryan is gay with FGL. :flipgotcha:

seriously though what happened to hank and david allen coe people like that?

I doubt there are many justin timberlake fans on here, but him and chris stapleton blew the roof off of the cma's.

Anyone not familiar with Chris Stapleton also needs to look up Sturgill Simpson.

I'll second that I am not sure how I feel about Eric Church's new album.

muddinmetal said:
Slight derail, but I can't help but listen to this song & feel like this is what country music is supposed to be:

Ray Scott - Ain't Always Thirsty (Official Music Video)

**** hickhop :****:

Ray Scott is good stuff. and Hick hop is like a train wreck, i have to listen sometimes :-\

GONOVRIT said:

Here is my playlist rat now: Eric Church, Whiskey Myers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Sturgill Simpson, Bart Crow, Ray Scott, Turnpike Troubadors, Hank 2 & 3, Old School Alan Jackson, Chris Stapleton, Red Dirt Amazon Prime station and of course Jamey Johnson and George Strait and all the other old time "outlaws".

Demo Steve said:
I doubt there are many justin timberlake fans on here, but him and chris stapleton blew the roof off of the cma's.

He freaking killed it, but I am partial being from Memphis and knowing a guy who knows a guy who knows him ;D

GONOVRIT said:

What he said... ^

Turn your radio off and you'll find some good music.

hokie_yj said:
What he said... ^

Turn your radio off and you'll find some good music.

I could not imagine life without satellite radio. Last summer I thought I was cancelling the service on a boat I sold and accidentally cancelled the service in my truck. It took me a week to get it turned back on, I stopped turning the radio on for the last 3 days. Main stream music ( country music in particular ) has gone 100% to pure ****...

Yeah i have been listening to "the steeldrivers" for years, one of my favorite songs is "sticks that made thunder". If im not mistaken they have 3 cds out.