• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Christmas gifts

BPINAZ said:
My wife suprised me and got this off of lay-away for me. I didn't think I'd have it off lay-away until at least March. Been paying on it for a few months. Ruger Precision Rifle, Vortex Viper glass, Burris Extreme Tactical rings, and Harris bipod. I bored sighted it, but gonna zero it this week if I get the chance.

I have a vortex viper pst ffp on a 300 win mag I built. Man I love that glass. Good choice and nice rifle there!!!

pjprice said:
Something I'd love to end up with soon. From everything I've seen/read you'll have no regrets on it!

joho75287 said:
I have a vortex viper pst ffp on a 300 win mag I built. Man I love that glass. Good choice and nice rifle there!!!

Thanks. I can't wait to get it out on the range.

My Dad gave me this awesome Rock River Arms 308
1919568_10203940395909090_8382124098629778528_n.jpg

TacomaJD said:
You and I are on the same page. I have yet to buy the gf a holiday or birthday gift. Instead, I say let's just get together and go do something like nice dinner and a night on the town or something. Several have told me "you won't have her long...." and this was our 2nd Christmas. I find it dumb as **** for two people to spend the same amount of money on each other. I don't want **** that I can't buy myself. Kids deserve gifts until they are old enough to work. I will buy gifts for friends who get married, housewarming gifts, or are having a baby, because those are usually financially tight times for most and it directly helps them out. Not just a material gift for the fawk of it, because yer supposed to on certain days of the year.

I say it's Christmas year round at my house, because if there is something I want, I will find a way to buy it.

Same exact thing here. I let my GF know way in advance that I much prefer random acts of kindness/impulse spending to buying **** on the holidays just because its a holiday. I don't believe in getting gifts that are frivolous or just some random clothes and ****. If I'm going to spend money on something, I want to know someone will get some use out of it. Same goes for if someone buys me a gift. This year she had something she needed, a drawing pad for her computer (graphic designer), so I got her a pro grade one. Just happened that she got a new job just a few weeks before Christmas so that worked out. Otherwise she knew she probably was just going to have to tell me some time when she really needed something practical. She did however spoil the **** out of me and got me a NIB 1981 Winchester Model 94 Trapper 30-30, case, ammo and a collectors edition Remington knife. I'm sure she got a deal on it all being that her dad is a dealer, but either way, not a cheap present. She knows I have a chubb for some old lever guns and had been wanting to add one to my collection.

Stretch said:
Same exact thing here. I let my GF know way in advance that I much prefer random acts of kindness/impulse spending to buying **** on the holidays just because its a holiday. I don't believe in getting gifts that are frivolous or just some random clothes and ****. If I'm going to spend money on something, I want to know someone will get some use out of it. Same goes for if someone buys me a gift. This year she had something she needed, a drawing pad for her computer (graphic designer), so I got her a pro grade one. Just happened that she got a new job just a few weeks before Christmas so that worked out. Otherwise she knew she probably was just going to have to tell me some time when she really needed something practical. She did however spoil the **** out of me and got me a NIB 1981 Winchester Model 94 Trapper 30-30, case, ammo and a collectors edition Remington knife. I'm sure she got a deal on it all being that her dad is a dealer, but either way, not a cheap present. She knows I have a chubb for some old lever guns and had been wanting to add one to my collection.

So this year you did the traditional Christmas thing is what I'm reading. :dunno:

pholmann said:
So this year you did the traditional Christmas thing is what I'm reading. :dunno:

We knew what we were getting each other since we had talked about getting that stuff for each other for a while and did so weeks before so none of it was really a surprise. We just called them our Christmas presents. Neither of our families could understand why we were not planning on doing some big gift exchange.