• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR Funding:

I'll remember to ask tomorrow, but I recall the DNR fine being $1,000 for each damaged tree, at least harvestable tree.

Damage included the bark getting torn off.

That could be a real bitch if there's a dozen damaged trees on a bandit trail and you got caught damaging just one of them. You could get stuck holding the bag for all 12 and trying to prove you didn't do it. :eeek:

What if you fixed it before you left? :awesomework:

321219979rrgjxzph475636.jpg

Retain the stock muffler and cat on my buggy. The rig will be silent. Also, I have been looking into 24' uhaul trucks. They can be had cheap on craigslist. A 24' uhaul truck will fit my rig and provide space for a sleeping area with a real mattress, all while outwardly appearing to be a regular moving van.

Much easier solution. Find DNR land that allows for 'on-road' ORV use. There are still a bunch of these areas around western Washington. This allows you to legally park your truck and trailer AND wheel your ORV tabbed rig on the logging roads.

While the trails might be illegal, at least your tow rig and wheeling rig won't be cited if seen on the road. I guess I find it as you're being 50% legal instead of 0% legal. Should get brownie points for trying, right?

Gates don't keep people out. Consequences will.....and do. If you think the big dumb government man doesn't understand this; there will soon be a thread on NWW about you. :; Sure hope it isn't me or one of my buddies.:redneck:

If you really want to help......actions will speak louder than suggestions. I suggest you act soon.

Ok deal. Sounds like I need to make some calls and searching to find out what needs to be done and who I need to talk to. Any ideas or input as to where I should start? Never even thought about this kinda thing so I am not sure what I will need to to do.

Gates don't keep people out. Consequences will.....and do. If you think the big dumb government man doesn't understand this; there will soon be a thread on NWW about you. :; Sure hope it isn't me or one of my buddies.:redneck:

Heh reminds me of the few 'examples' DNR has set out to make... two in the past year. One idiot went behind a gate, and it was so obvious that it was easy for DNR to catch and prosecute. (Mr Youtube guy)...

The other was the guy mudding in the ditches at capitol state forest. Again, really easy to catch and prosecute.

What is hard is getting those who are on a trail. If the trail has already been established, DNR has to prove beyond a preponderance that they sufficiently signed and/or blocked of the trail to indicate it was closed. This is nearly impossible to do. Secondly, it requires DNR to get out of their nice comfy rigs, unload their bikes, and go for a ride. As we knew at Reiter, this didn't happen all that often because they had to be ready to respond to an emergency quickly. Its much easier to wait at a gate in the F250 than it is to chase phantom sounds through the woods trying to find someone on a trail.

I think a rally at Reiter should be put in the works for July 1st. If they can't promise a re-open date -- we convince them to open up reiter (or parts of it at least) until money comes back in.

Ok deal. Sounds like I need to make some calls and searching to find out what needs to be done and who I need to talk to. Any ideas or input as to where I should start? Never even thought about this kinda thing so I am not sure what I will need to to do.

Get informed. Understand what the problem is and talk to folks that are active in the process of resolution. My go to guy is "nowires" (Charlie). He is knee deep in this ****. Telephone conversations with the right people are worth your efforts.:awesomework:

Ask questions. Get answers. Only then can you propose a real solution.

Get informed. Understand what the problem is and talk to folks that are active in the process of resolution. My go to guy is "nowires" (Charlie). He is knee deep in this ****. Telephone conversations with the right people are worth your efforts.:awesomework:

Ask questions. Get answers. Only then can you propose a real solution.

To add to this. Write your representatives. It only takes 5 minutes to compose a short email that tells them how you feel. Can't hurt.

You gonna do it?

In.

I think a rally at Reiter should be put in the works for July 1st. If they can't promise a re-open date -- we convince them to open up reiter (or parts of it at least) until money comes back in.

I like this idea.. I know for a fact the trails have more obsticles than ever.

This is relating to Elbe, but I did hear back from the DNR on the possibility of a private lease of the ORV park. They are discussing options on this and I we're planning of phone conference soon to bounce some ideas around.

I've been told that they don't these types of things before, just not for ORV.

So, we'll see.

It's my opinion that if we can't afford to more important programs that are going away because of funding, then recreational programs should be the first to go. After, government was not created with the purpose of providing recreation.
Privatizing the operation of the parks may be a long term, sustainable solution. Regardless of whether or not we win this current battle for the next funding session and regardless or what happens with NOVA we really need to be putting the pieces together for the enevitable future.

I like this idea.. I know for a fact the trails have more obstacles than ever.

You have to understand that IF Reiter was pressured into a temporary re-opening, the DNR would only open Deer Flats Rd......a gravel road. The non-motorized section (the area where half the old 4x4 trails are) wouldn't be re-open to ORV's. And the 4x4's could not go on the upper sections (where the other half of old 4x4 trails are) where the future bike trails are. So that leaves you with the future 4x4 area. Not much there dude.......not much at all.

You guys are romanticizing the past and not realistic about the present......and God forbid you consider the future.

Bottom line: Reiter would not be re-opened as you knew it. Disappointed you would be.

To add to this. Write your representatives. It only takes 5 minutes to compose a short email that tells them how you feel. Can't hurt.

But please be informed of the current events and amounts. get involved with a group and compose a letter together. this carries more weight.

And like Mark said, support the people that are putting in the time. There are a lot of people working on this right now. With the economic status of the state, these are not time to demand, but more times to bring up solutions