• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR Immunity Law email campaign

japerry

edit: if you have facebook, join the group and invite more people!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=166359143352

Hi folks, there is a growing thread on some other recreation sites to push to get the immunity law revoked. What I'd like each and everyone of you to do is take the template below, and lookup your state reps and mail it to them:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/default.aspx

As some of you might be aware, Walker valley is in its current condition primarly because of this provision of the law. DNR has suggested that if there is enough outcry over it, and it gets revoked, that they will be able to revisit the issue of 'extreme sports' on their land.

SUBJECT: Recreational Immunity Law (RCW 4.24.210)

MESSAGE: Hello State Senator Pam Roach and Representatives Dan Roach and Christopher Hurst, (change to your Reps)

My name is ______________ and I live in your represented area. My ___________ and I live in _________ County and travel all over Washington to enjoy the outdoors, whether that involves our Jeep, motorcycles, mountain bikes, or on atv's with our friends. I am writing to you in an effort to bring up an issue with the Recreational Immunity Law. There is a very small phrase with a very large negative impact on our recreational lands that is included in this statute that should be removed. The phrase that needs to be removed is "known dangerous, artificial, latent condition"

In context with the rest of the law, it essentially means if a landowner knowingly leaves something that matches that phrase on their land without warning signs they are potentially responsible for an injury. This also brings up other liability issues. As other states have recognized, those who recreate on public or private lands should be responsible for their own actions. The "gray area" caused by this phrase should be removed so agencies like DNR can continue to provide recreational opportunities for all to enjoy. All states have these types of laws, but Washington state includes that phrase and it intimidates landowners both public and private to the point where they are closing these recreational areas or refuse to improve them so they don't intentionally create a liability.

Not only does this greatly affect lands where we currently recreate, but also access to future areas (both private and public). Please be sure to bring this issue up in the next legislative session. It is time for our society to start taking responsibility for the own actions in all areas of their lives whether it is financial, recreational,or otherwise.

Best regards,

[YOUR NAME]
[CITY]

Last edited:
Done....:awesomework: Come on folks, if you haven't already done this (took me not quite 10 minutes, and I'm not too great on the computer stuff!!!!!!:haha:)....please take the time to write your legislators!!!:hi:

Done

The following message was sent to Senator Phil Rockefeller (D), Representative Sherry Appleton (D) and Representative Christine Rolfes (D) of the 23rd district.

Thx for the form that makes it easy..

Even for someone who cant type or spell

:awesomework::cool: (how the....aw nevermind--pretty sure I don't want to know, huh!!!)

ha ha ha. I think the server is going to go nuts for a few :haha:

So those who have already done this--disregard the incomming email :awesomework:

ha ha ha. I think the server is going to go nuts for a few :haha:

So those who have already done this--disregard the incomming email :awesomework:

:haha: I think you killed it!!! :haha: But you did it for a good cause!:awesomework:

The following message was sent to Senator Rosemary McAuliffe (D), Representative Al O'Brien (D) and Representative Mark Ericks (D) of the 1st district.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO: Senator Rosemary McAuliffe

CC: Representative Al O'Brien
Representative Mark Ericks

SUBJECT: Recreational Immunity Law (RCW 4.24.210)

MESSAGE: Hello State Senator Rosemary McAuliffe, and Representatives Al O'Brien and Mark Ericks,

blah, blah, blah.....edited for space.

RESPONSE: Mr. Stamp has requested a response to this message.

The online form made it easy to send to all of them. :awesomework:

x2 sent it before they left work today