• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed it in the last 24 pages scanning through.

But has anyone asked them if they have considered the impact this causes on the other systems? Specifically other DNR systems that are already EXTREMELY tight on money with little to no E&E support?

I may have missed it in the last 24 pages scanning through.

But has anyone asked them if they have considered the impact this causes on the other systems? Specifically other DNR systems that are already EXTREMELY tight on money with little to no E&E support?

There is money set aside for three areas, Reiter is one of them, this money cannot be used anywhere else. Most of the money is going for E&E, and they are looking for volunteers to help with machinery, labor and construction of the new area until they can get more money.

There is money set aside for three areas, Reiter is one of them, this money cannot be used anywhere else. Most of the money is going for E&E, and they are looking for volunteers to help with machinery, labor and construction of the new area until they can get more money.

Ok, but that didn't answer the question.

So, they close Reiter on Nov 2. for the winter/spring season. Users will go elsewhere, and those areas left open will have more problems. At a minimum that is just a percentage reality.

I know for our area we have ONE E&E officer that has to cover a large area of land, Tahuya just being a small portion of it. Without alternate funding, we won't even have him after the end of this current budget cycle.

Our trail systems are like an ecosystem. The lose of one hurts the others, if a large enough loss occurs the others will die off as well. Case in point, in Dec. 2007 with that big storm, Tahuya was shut down for repairs. The 4WD trail system was pretty much unharmed and could have been open, if not for all the damage to the motorbike and quad trails. Their closure caused the 4WD closure to limit resource damage from overuse and abuse.

So, my only question is, if no one was planning on bringing this issue up - CAN someone bring this issue up? Or has it been brought up in meeting format already?

Ok, but that didn't answer the question.

So, they close Reiter on Nov 2. for the winter/spring season. Users will go elsewhere, and those areas left open will have more problems. At a minimum that is just a percentage reality.

I know for our area we have ONE E&E officer that has to cover a large area of land, Tahuya just being a small portion of it. Without alternate funding, we won't even have him after the end of this current budget cycle.

Our trail systems are like an ecosystem. The lose of one hurts the others, if a large enough loss occurs the others will die off as well. Case in point, in Dec. 2007 with that big storm, Tahuya was shut down for repairs. The 4WD trail system was pretty much unharmed and could have been open, if not for all the damage to the motorbike and quad trails. Their closure caused the 4WD closure to limit resource damage from overuse and abuse.

So, my only question is, if no one was planning on bringing this issue up - CAN someone bring this issue up? Or has it been brought up in meeting format already?

There have been zero meetings addressing this travis--they are coming....

There have been zero meetings addressing this travis--they are coming....

I fully understand, does your comment mean that you or someone from RTW
will bring this issue up in the meeting?

warm fuzzies man, warm fuzzies.

I fully understand, does your comment mean that you or someone from RTW
will bring this issue up in the meeting?

warm fuzzies man, warm fuzzies.

I am actually part of the main focus group--but I am sure the question will be on every single persons mind attending the public meeting...

I must be comprehending your statements incorrectly. No users want to see this area closed, but do you know all the reasons why it is being moved and turned into a manageable ORV area?

Here is where it all started corey.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313707

Received this email from the CLOUT system:
================================================== ========
On behalf of the Stumpjumpers Motorcycle Club and the Snohomish County ORV Committee I want to thank everyone who took the time to contact Executive Aaron Reardon about the ORV legislation and Reiter Trails. Your activism won the victory we wanted with Snohomish County! This is just the first step, there is still a long way to go!

Where we are: The County has determined that an ORV area can be developed in the Forest zone as a public park. The DNR land at Reiter Trails is currently zoned "Forest". This means the DNR now has the zoning required to develop an ORV area at Reiter. DNR officials are now looking into issues involved with developing an ORV area at Reiter. The DNR wants to partner with Snohomish County in running/managing Reiter Trails ORV area. I am in contact with the County to get that ball rolling.

What to do: It is very important that ORV users unite. We need to be organized and involved. We are loosing more and more riding areas, most recently the P5000 and North Fork areas. The anti-ORV forces are strong, they are well funded and organized. They continue to push for the elimination of motorized recreation. Dave Hiatt has started an email system called CLOUT (Constituent Legislative Online User Target). We need every person involved in OHV use in this state to email their name and their zip code to [email protected] with the word CLOUT in the subject line. The CLOUT system only notifies you when your personal legislator(s) are very soon going to be involved in hearing something that affects OHV use in WA State (so you won't get bombarded with email everyday). The CLOUT email message also gives you a link you can click on to get your message to your legislator in a manner that informs them with a 99% level of certainty that you are one of their constituents. Less than a dozen messages like that to a legislator can make the difference between winning and losing.

There will be more

There it is. That's when the slow moving bullet was released. Thanks a lot stump jumpers...You saved our 4wheeling trails...

Its not just there fault--it was mainly the ORV commitee mainly built of bikes/quads and a few wheelers. Now granted the wheelers were not very active with the group and almost all of the work to get the zoning changed was biker guys. There mindset really was in the right place but there were many reprocutions to it..

Also to add pointing fingers will do us no good--just wanted to show where it started.

Its not just there fault--it was mainly the ORV commitee mainly built of bikes/quads and a few wheelers. Now granted the wheelers were not very active with the group and almost all of the work to get the zoning changed was biker guys. There mindset really was in the right place but there were many reprocutions to it..

Also to add pointing fingers will do us no good--just wanted to show where it started.

No, I agree with you. But at the same time I think it was cool you posted that because a lot of people forget why/how this all got started. Intentions were in the right place no doubt...but...such a double edged sword. It's going to be nice when there is some closure (for lack of better words) on these topics. Wish I could make it to the meeting. Not that there will be a shortage of info on NWW about it though:;

No, I agree with you. But at the same time I think it was cool you posted that because a lot of people forget why/how this all got started. Intentions were in the right place no doubt...but...such a double edged sword. It's going to be nice when there is some closure (for lack of better words) on these topics. Wish I could make it to the meeting. Not that there will be a shortage of info on NWW about it though:;

I have always known where it had started but could never find anything to state the fact but finally found it.

Double edge sword--soo true....

Not to worry a number of us will be attending the meeting along with a few of us who will be contantly working and informing folks of whats going on and whats going to happen :awesomework:

man this is goin to suck if reiter pit is closein i have been goin to reiter for about 15 years now i have had so many good times there all they need to do is build so goddam bridges over the water i am goin to be pissed if reiter gets closed right when i get my yota the way i want it will be a sad day when reiter is gone for ever well i know what i am doin this weekend thronin on my swampers and goin to reiter thats for sure

man this is goin to suck if reiter pit is closein i have been goin to reiter for about 15 years now i have had so many good times there all they need to do is build so goddam bridges over the water i am goin to be pissed if reiter gets closed right when i get my yota the way i want it will be a sad day when reiter is gone for ever well i know what i am doin this weekend thronin on my swampers and goin to reiter thats for sure

Did you even read this whole thread???:rolleyes: I suggest you do, so you have a grasp of what's really going on....

what?

...i have been goin to reiter for about 15 years now...

Can I say something.....and this is for EVERYBODY.

When ever I'm a part of conversation and someone starts the "I have been goin to reiter for....." I completely loose interest in the conversation.

When you talk to me, or anybody else for that matter, skip the whole, "I remember when......" crap. Nobody care's and it's irrelevant.

When ever I'm a part of conversation and someone starts the "I have been goin to reiter for....." I completely loose interest in the conversation.

When you talk to me, or anybody else for that matter, skip the whole, "I remember when......" crap. Nobody care's and it's irrelevant.

Thats the hard hurdle to get over for many...

Thats the hard hurdle to get over for many...

Its not for me.. The problem is, I only learned about reiter from this forum. The pictures alone can show it is some of the best wheelen in the state. It frustrates me every time they close down some place I use on a reagulare baises so I can understand everyones frustration. Trully tho If you have a "I remember when" story consider your self lucky to have it I may never get to twist it up on the trails at reiter and that my friends is more frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.