• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DUCK FEWALT ... angle grinder

Re: DUCK FEWALT ... angle grinder

I know this thread wasn't about 6" grinders but al1tonyota reminded me about how freakin tough the 6" metabo grinders are. I know what I'm fixin to say is dangerous but nonetheless I've spent a lot of time runnin one with no guard and a 9" wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a makita that has been put through the ringer for about 4 years or so, holding up great so far. Recently bought a 20v dewalt grinder, all my stuff is 20v, great for portability and small quick stuff but it goes through some batteries. Nothing i want to use for fab work, but for cutting stuff out at junk yards and other small stuff its great.

Re: Re: Re: DUCK FEWALT ... angle grinder

EsPowell said:
I know what I'm fixin to say is dangerous but nonetheless I've spent a lot of time runnin one with no guard and a 9" wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't wanna say anything about wheel oversizing either.....but ive ran some 6" discs on my Milwaukee and it didnt phase it. In fact....I used it a lot when I shaved my 14bolt. Heavy gloves and a welding helmet.

for me I went thru all other brands and then dropped the cash on four metabo grinders and I have had 0 issues in three years!

The shop I work at had all dewalt cordless drills and after replacing them every few months they just went to Milwaukee. So far im very impressed with them.

Had a black and decker given to me that lasted a long time. It had bearing slack in it bad, so I went to wally world and bought another one about 5 yrs ago....still works perfect. Ive seen a few of the huge black n deckers that are like 30 yrs old still running. I guess they are made pretty good for the money.

patooyee said:
I've tried every grinder HF has and they have not lasted a month. Absolute pieces of ****, IMO. But I wouldn't expect anything more.

I bought and tried one because I kept hearing people raving about them. I used it 3 times and the brushes melted.

I had a black & decker quantum for 15 years before it died. Now I've got a porter cable that I found on sale at Lowe's for $39. Had it a year and so far, so good.

Been running a black and Decker for nearly 10yrs. Bought a remanufactured ryobi lasted a little over a year and went back to that black and decker with slack.

kmcminn said:
WTF does cordless drills have to do with anything.
I got a Stihl Weed Trimmer. :wtflol:

Damn, my bad I could've sworn I was on hardline not pirate 4x4.
Are you asking me what going from shitty dewalt tools to Milwaukee tools has to do with a thread called "duck fewalt" in which people are talking about both brands???? Lol yes i wasn't talking about an angle grinder, but I thought I'd voice my opinion on the brand names he was talking about and that Milwaukee seems to be a good choice to go with. My apologies peeps

PixbyNick said:
Are you asking me what going from shitty dewalt tools to Milwaukee tools has to do with a thread called "duck fewalt" in which people are talking about both brands???? Lol yes i wasn't talking about an angle grinder, but I thought I'd voice my opinion on the brand names he was talking about and that Milwaukee seems to be a good choice to go with. My apologies peeps
Ahh :flipoff1: em man I didn't see any specifics in the title I got a craftsman chop saw that cuts awesome it's just crooked to one side!

I use the 7" grinders all day every day polishing alluminum. In my experience Dewalt sucks. Especially if you get the lower amperage units. They have to be 15 amp to hold up to continuous use. But even then, you have to constantly blow them out. I've had all kinds trying to figure out which ones hold up the best. And to be honest.... Hitachi (cheapest too...) has held up longer than any of them. But even so... don't get them from home depot. Their extended warranty sucks. Get them from Lowe's with their warranty and if it blows just take it back and they'll just replace it. My local store does anyways.

PixbyNick said:

Closest thing to Pirate is your trolling on rzr thread and derailing this one.

I stopped buying dewalt a few years ago - I only use Makita cordless drills now

edit: My bad - I see were talking about wrenches and grinders instead

Metabo is well worth the extra money, smoother, quieter and last forever - Their quick change nut is awesome too

I got mine on sale at Fastenal for about $75 off is the only reason I splurged though