• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evolution

Jay Luke

Evolution/ BNS-4Link JayLuke's Truggy

Some of you know me. Most of you know my 92 Toyota 4x4 "Truggy" although I hate that term. This "truck" was built a couple years ago by myself and my good friends of BNS-FAB. It has worked extremely well over those few years and I have been very happy with it. I have represented leaf sprung rigs to the extreme. But It's time for change. Evolving into a more durable lighter vehicle. So I linked it. With the help of Keith, my good friend of BNS-FAB of course. The man is an artist...The links are BUNK Built...Clark W did a superb job on the rear truss and hooked me up with a great deal on the rear winch. Thank you!...Front end will be linked after this summer...couple pics & more to come. These first few are off my cell. so bare with me.

Last edited:
used to look like :

Attachments

• Blackberry photos 001.jpg
    Blackberry photos 001.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 449
  • Blackberry photos 072.jpg
    Blackberry photos 072.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 449
  • Blackberry photos 137.jpg
    Blackberry photos 137.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 450
  • Blackberry photos 136.jpg
    Blackberry photos 136.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 442
beginning to look like this

Attachments

• Blackberry photos 141.jpg
    Blackberry photos 141.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 442
  • Blackberry photos 138.jpg
    Blackberry photos 138.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 442
  • Blackberry photos 139.jpg
    Blackberry photos 139.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 448
  • Blackberry photos 140.jpg
    Blackberry photos 140.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 441
Can't wait to see it in action my friend! Still the only rig I've ever seen do a stoppie. Hope my busted up truck will still be able tackle the same trails. Maybe if I start calling mine a "car"

Can't wait to see it in action my friend! Still the only rig I've ever seen do a stoppie. Hope my busted up truck will still be able tackle the same trails. Maybe if I start calling mine a "car"

haha! that stoppie was CRAZY! HAha! hadn't thought about that one for a while..I have zero doubt your rig will have any trouble bud. Seriously. That's never a problem for you.

I will post more tomorrow. I should have it close to finished by then. Happy Easter everyone. I'm tired and going to bed:beer:

more pics pleez! you guys done or what???:D

the cell pics just don't do it justice. Left the digi-cam at work. And I have lot's more to post. Should be done tomorrow late afternoon early eve. It was/is a lot of work...I mean a lot!

side note: good thong I am doing this. Was one small bump from losing the entire fuel tank out the back:eeek:

Also I am moving my hyro ram to mount in between my leaf spring to correct the "issues" I was having with up travel, bump stop interference, and stripped out tie rod jam nuts- Thanks Dobber for the idea:awesomework:

looking good jay, looking forward in how your upgrades are going to work.

and ya missed a fantastic day wheelin a new trail up here in canada.

Bitchin:cool:

Should have had Keith do it old school and do 1/4 elliptical like on his old 84:D

I have to ask. Since the rumor is your truck brought the sickness on springs. What are ya using?

Looking good man. What joints did you end up getting for them links? Creeper's?

He's got some jonny's for the lowers and some 3/4 heims for the uppers. Nothing like your way over the top link set-up.

Bitchin:cool:

Should have had Keith do it old school and do 1/4 elliptical like on his old 84:D

I have to ask. Since the rumor is your truck brought the sickness on springs. What are ya using?

:haha: I was with him when that truck took it's final breath:haha:

Rear- 4in TG rears. Really old ones. with a couple leafs removed
Fronts- 5in TG with a couple leafs removed.

looking good jay, looking forward in how your upgrades are going to work.

and ya missed a fantastic day wheelin a new trail up here in canada.

Ah man! A trip up north is top priority as soon as this thing is ready:awesomework::beer: