• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Having a 7.3 is fun...timing is great

Be careful with those crappy tires. Ive pulled TONS of busted BFGs off junker toyotas.

Didnt think they were really an issue until one of my (new not old junkers) 10ply lrE BFGs let go of the cap just before spokane.

Nothing like a shredded tire beating the hell out of your truck and tailpipe.

Luckily I didnt have my trailer and camper on that day.

Screw BFG.

Well the truck clicked off over 1400 miles this weekend, roughly 13000 pds total between truck, camper and gear.

She did good. The BFG's howl like a mother at 70 MPH, and the camper adds a ton of wind noise so it was a bit loud in the cab but that was my only complaint.

She ran about 9.5 MPG, which isn't bad for the weight, and its a lifted 1 Ton on 35's with a big windsail strapped to her.

Oh and as Gavin would say, I was driving her like I was sponsored. I just hated going under 60 up the passes. So kick OD off and let her eat, she pulls nice at about 3K, 15-20 pounds of boost, and the EGT's at about 1100*.

Air bags are in the future.

And I've decided Washington State has ***** Mountain Passes, Vantage was always the big pass in my mind. Until pulling Shasta. Good fun.

Wait till you go to Montana with us if you like long steep passes. Glad you had a good trip and yea you need air bags

Well the truck clicked off over 1400 miles this weekend, roughly 13000 pds total between truck, camper and gear.

She did good. The BFG's howl like a mother at 70 MPH, and the camper adds a ton of wind noise so it was a bit loud in the cab but that was my only complaint.

She ran about 9.5 MPG, which isn't bad for the weight, and its a lifted 1 Ton on 35's with a big windsail strapped to her.

Oh and as Gavin would say, I was driving her like I was sponsored. I just hated going under 60 up the passes. So kick OD off and let her eat, she pulls nice at about 3K, 15-20 pounds of boost, and the EGT's at about 1100*.

Air bags are in the future.

And I've decided Washington State has ***** Mountain Passes, Vantage was always the big pass in my mind. Until pulling Shasta. Good fun.

Vantage is tiny! There are much steeper passes in the state! Try Lookout or Fourth of July in Montana. Or how about Willamette on 58 in OR with 56000 #s of potatoes! Almost smoked the brakes coming off Cabbage a couple weeks ago with 56000 #s of butter. God damn jake on the tired old detroit in my truck don't hold worth a ****! Gotta love hitting the bottom with smoke rolling off the trailer axles!:eek:

The west side of the grand tetons between idaho and jackson hole is fun when your running way over your GVW rating. Ended up putting the truck in 2wd low range going up and back down. Transmission and brakes were way happier that way.