• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Here we go again (AC's New Moon Buggy Build)

Pops, I noticed that you are not running any Air Bumps. Is that a no no on that style race rig? I hear that some are running Struts and I see coilovers on yours, Im still in the era of Fred Flintstone compared to ya'll. Any reason for that? :dunno:

i'd be real surprised with the MB wieught and the coilovers if you could bottom out the shocks. I know I cant and I have tried really hard.

CHASMAN9 said:
Pops, I noticed that you are not running any Air Bumps. Is that a no no on that style race rig? I hear that some are running Struts and I see coilovers on yours, Im still in the era of Fred Flintstone compared to ya'll. Any reason for that? :dunno:
I'm just the hold it while he welds it guy and post some pics guy.AC has alot of time and research in what hes running and I really don't know all that tech stuff.Maybe he'll chime on here sometime and told his thoughts on it.We still fred'n it to.We just lucked up and got new Tenny shoes for the brakes.

POPS58 said:
I'm just the hold it while he welds it guy and post some pics guy.AC has alot of time and research in what hes running and I really don't know all that tech stuff.Maybe he'll chime on here sometime and told his thoughts on it.We still fred'n it to.We just lucked up and got new Tenny shoes for the brakes.

Thanks Pops, I really am in the dark and I know AC is the man with the plan. thumb.gif

Well heres the latest,waiting on the headers to get back from the coatin compny.A little more wire and a fuel pump and it's off to the races,maaayyybeee :spin:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I'm not sure on the gas,it will be somewhere around 6 gallons.We had the Creepys allready, maybe getting some Treps later I hope.Caddy,just curious how many gallons of jet fuel can you tote?

Right at 10 gallons. I built a tank that looks like a 2 story anvil. It goes from the seat all the way back beside the motor and up beside the headers. looks weird but it works.

got it started Saturday night ,picking up the rear axles this Friday ,should be ready to go on its first run sunday loller.gif CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn that was a fast build. It looks great now get some seat time so you can show out...Good luck Adam!!!!!

Man you guys nailed the proportions on this thing. It looks really good, the more I see these pics the more I wanna see it in action !! C'MON :drinkers: