• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I'll give you a tip !!!!!

I feel this was a very good discussion and a great passing of time think both sides as customer and owner and someone who has been in that position has been covered and people can see both sides

Re: I'll give you a tip !!!!!

10191cc218579ccbcf00b5cd15dbfb40.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

How about tipping flower delivery people?

Parts counter for helping get the correct parts?

Lawn care folks. Should Kush get a tip when he finishes blowing?

Do you tip your barber?

I just read this whole ridiculous thread in reverse, where the hell has batman trolled anyone? I get it that everyone hates the fawker for past sins and childish troll bullshit but i'm not seeing it here.

JohnG said:

Do you tip your barber?
Flower delivery yes
Lawn care yes if they get to me fast on short notice
Parts guy no
Barber always

I've tried tipping UPS several times, they would never take it. All my UPS people have always been super-hard workers, sweating their asses off in their a/c-less tin cans in the FL heat.

I tip my barber as well. I thought everybody did?

I feel sorry for pizza delivery people. I know the store gets the delivery fee, which is dumb. They use their own car, pay for gas with a stipend the store gives them, why does the store get a cut of that? Yet by the time you pay the delivery fee and tip the delivery person appropriately you've added 30% to the cost of your pizza.

JohnG said:

Do you tip your barber?
I hear he got in your will. Thats a helluva tip!

Neal3000 said:
I just read this whole ridiculous thread in reverse, where the hell has batman trolled anyone? I get it that everyone hates the fawker for past sins and childish troll bullshit but i'm not seeing it here.

Neal, I am with you on this one. This thread went to **** when Tidwell pissed in JJ's cheerios. Then **** went all ****in food service vs oil rigger and ****. I've followed this since the beginning and I get that Will can get a bit mouthy, but I feel he was kinda baited into this one. This is a very opinion based subject so therefore you are going to get....this!!

I will say this, I think almost every thread Will has participated in or started has went all kinds of ghetto cat fight.

JohnG said:

Do you tip your barber?

I tip my barber well!!!! Oh wait, I shave my head.

pholmann said:
I will say this, I think almost every thread Will has participated in or started has went all kinds of ghetto cat fight.

This. He just looks for a reason to start drama.

At sonic where this all started yes I tip a few bucks. At a restaurant 10% if the service is OK to bad 20%-30% if it's good to great. And if it's really great I've left a big tip and went out of my way to tell a manager how good it was. If it bad twice I don't complain I just don't go back.

Parts house no tip, although I should.
Barber yes definitely when I had hair hahaha now I just tip when I take my son.

JJ thanks for opening our eyes to the inside and outs of the restaurant and gratuity and where it goes.

And while I have nothing against the bat personally, I did notice he posted everything but a selfie of himself flipping a bird to Hardline with a caption saying haters gon hate. I hope he takes the vacation to reflect and comes back not fishing for an argument.

Just for the record .. my girl works at a place that she relies on tips .. To see the look on her face when for instance,when the dam Saints have a game and a group comes in and runs her back and forth, bitches about everything, for hours and hours .. Then doesn't tip.. Well, lemme try to put it nicely .. Makes me wanna screw the doors and windows on their house/duplex/project shut and pour a ring of gas around the house, and light it on fire.. Not that I have thought about it or anything but it's pathetic.. And it happens a lot. I just don't get it...

patooyee said:
I've tried tipping UPS several times, they would never take it. All my UPS people have always been super-hard workers, sweating their asses off in their a/c-less tin cans in the FL heat.

Yeah, for $70k a year....I'm not tipping any damn body that makes good money like that. Money is the motivator. You think they'd work that hard in their hot boxes for peasant wages?

I know one thing, lot of folks in this thread are a lot more generous than I am. I don't just go out tipping everybody, only jobs that are largely tip based pay where it is implied to tip. Just because you are good at your job, doesn't mean I should pay you extra (jobs besides tip based wages). It means you care about your job performance, and will ultimately climb the ladder and or succeed onto better jobs. Bottom line, someone being a good worker should not be done for me, it should be done for themselves to contribute good performance at their job....less the need for me to even consider tipping them. Now that does not include waiting tables...just to make that clear.

The standard sit down meal at somewhere like Santa Fe or Ruby Tuesdays local here in town, or Mexican joints, gets a standard $5 tip from me. Upscale joints, no more than $10, and they only get $10 if we have really good service like the lady and I did at Connors Steakhouse in Huntsville a couple weekends ago. Best waiter I've had in a long time, so he got $10 and it was an easy decision for me to merit him with the extra money. Average service merits $5. I don't do the percentage ****, because I really don't see why that makes a difference, unless it's so much food it takes several trips/people to bring it out, and by then, gratuity is probably already being charged.

Last comment and I swear I am done with this thread.

I skipped breakfast today and that rarely happens. I went to the Busy Bee in Cullman, AL and had a bacon and egg sandwich with water. Totaled out to be a little less than $4. I thought about this thread, the single mother of two and left her $12. Not going to change her life status or buy her a Ferrari, but it was nice to know that she might have a little better day due to a few bucks that really doesn't make a difference in my day to day living.

I may have started part of the **** storm, and I apologize if thats what happened. I did want folks to see the other side and realize that manly jobs, womans work and all of that is a bunch of crap. Some people work at jobs where the tips make a difference and if you've never been on that side of the fence, you just won't ever get it. I tip well, but I have delivered pizzas, waited tables and tended bar for tips.

Usually the way these discussions get out of hand is when one or two folks invest too much of their heart into the conversation or show too much of their ass. i was about to show my ass when I bowed out the first time. Maybe this time I used a little of my head, some of my heart and just the top cheek of my ass.