• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH Backdoor shoot out is Feb 6, 2017

Re: Re: KOH Backdoor shoot out is Feb 6, 2017

BustedKnucklefilms said:
15977201_1423741604302920_930224810208605864_n.jpg

u4 gets city and state & SRRS does not??? Has Timmie ever ran it? Wonder why not?

FlatlandFSJ said:
You had to pick a side when you signed up. You either have to pass SRRS tech/Ultra4 tech/ or directly talk to Dave about being in the competition. He doesn't want anymore reverse backdoor attempts or AJ rockwell running out the side of back door. I watched the preshow the other night and they explained why they moved it from backdoor last year, and it pretty much came back to a safety standpoint.

I don't think recovery or rig type should really be brought up...Every one breaks and has to get recovered eventually, it really sucks when someone breaks an axle on the 2nd ledge and keeps going till the rest of the axles are broke, while everyone stands around waiting for them to be recovered ;D

I agree with the safety standpoint. I was referring to the TTC truck that broke last year and took over and hr to recover. And as for being "recovered" I drove both rigs I broke out the bottom of backdoor without recovery (one was missing the entire rear axle) it might have taken a minute but at least I put on a show before hand. :driving:

BUSTED KNUCKLE MAKE IT OR BREAK IT!

BUSTED KNUCKLE YARDSALES THE RENTAL

We were out there last weekend. Backdoor looks a lot different than it used to be. It looked like a bunch of sand washed down the canyon and filled in a lot of the whole. You can see the light colored sand on top of the older dark colored sand. Still a tough obstacle, of course. I bet its all dug out again by Monday.

http://youtu.be/nrDX_hRgbeg

EDIT: How do I make the post so it shows the Youtube preview like BK's do?

#10 Jimmy Smith SRRS, That's the disturbed buggy right? Is that the same Jimmy smith that builds bouncer chassis? Sorry don't know him, just hear about him. Didn't know if he racing or just another Jimmy Smith with same name!

Crhall said:
#10 Jimmy Smith SRRS, That's the disturbed buggy right? Is that the same Jimmy smith that builds bouncer chassis? Sorry don't know him, just hear about him. Didn't know if he racing or just another Jimmy Smith with same name!

jimmy smith that builds buggies is in TN.

Crhall said:

Nope, that is Arkansas Jimmy Smith in the Disturbed buggy. I hadn't seen the Tennessee Jimmy Smith in a long while. :dunno:

Re:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
It has always been an East vs West Deal. Which is kind of Rock Bouncer vs Ultra4. The sidekick can compete anytime it wants tho because it is proven and faster than half the guys. The problem is when a vehicle that weighs 6k lbs breaks down in the middle of the trail during the shootout and we have to stand around for 30-45 minutes in the cold and sand storm before they can get them out of there.

Justin is a cool as **** dude. Met him at AOP when he was with the UA in 2015. Got to hang out with him after the UA stuff was done and drink beer. He was cool as ****.

CHASMAN9 said:
Nope, that is Arkansas Jimmy Smith in the Disturbed buggy. I hadn't seen the Tennessee Jimmy Smith in a long while. :dunno:

I wasn't for sure. i haven't seen or heard any new buggy's lately from TN Jimmy Smith, thought maybe he stopped building and started racing. I didn't notice on the sheet it said MO in the State column..
Didn't wanna sound stupid but i always wondered that, thanks for clearing up

I take that back, i think i seen a 2016 "blue" one for sale not to long ago

Crhall said:
I wasn't for sure. i haven't seen or heard any new buggy's lately from TN Jimmy Smith, thought maybe he stopped building and started racing. I didn't notice on the sheet it said MO in the State column..
Didn't wanna sound stupid but i always wondered that, thanks for clearing up

I take that back, i think i seen a 2016 "blue" one for sale not to long ago

My bad, Potosi Missouri. Yah, he's running Backdoor this year. I do believe Tn Jimmy is still producing chassis on a regular basis. I've seen a few new ones at the end of last year at AOP and some other places, just a lot of good quality fabricators out there these days as well as a few unqualified ones. lol

THis should be ONE HELLUVA show this year. Lots of potential in all the drivers and their machines. Still think the bouncers have the edge though, we will see. :driving: :dblthumb:

Before I knew about it being dofferent people jimmy introduced himself to me at a race. He said man was that tim Cameron you were just talking too I'd like to meet him. At looked at him all crazy and said as many buggies as you have built him yall have never met!? He said naw man I'm the "other" jimmy smith. I felt like a dumbass

BUG-E J said:
Before I knew about it being dofferent people jimmy introduced himself to me at a race. He said man was that tim Cameron you were just talking too I'd like to meet him. At looked at him all crazy and said as many buggies as you have built him yall have never met!? He said naw man I'm the "other" jimmy smith. I felt like a dumbass

Lol I don't feel that bad then, it always seem the TN Jimmy was pretty low keyed under the radar. Then the other jimmy started hitting up few races, started seeing the name more and just got confusing haha

And yeah I agree going be awesome, good luck to everyone, I enjoy watching the backdoor challenge as much as the race

You bouncers can probably be a better opinion giver but is Bobby's time beatable and if so where? He came in screaming to the ledge and bounced seeming just right. I figure he could maybe make up a half second or so on the ledge where he got a little hung up :dunno: Can someone go sub 20 seconds?

money_pit_yj said:
You bouncers can probably be a better opinion giver but is Bobby's time beatable and if so where? He came in screaming to the ledge and bounced seeming just right. I figure he could maybe make up a half second or so on the ledge where he got a little hung up :dunno: Can someone go sub 20 seconds?

Everything is always beatable.
A few years ago no-one thought people could run the 100m in less than 10sec. Give it time :)