• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

So Crash, I have a lead on a way that I may be able to get a coil over system from this company.
http://www.radflo.com/coil_springs.htm
If you were to build into the Willys a coil over system and dump the leaf springs, what parts would I need from here? I need to give the supplier some part numbers.

I am also working on this from PSC.
http://www.pscmotorsports.com/fhk100p-25-double-end-steering-cylinder-kit-w-ppump-p-634.html
Plus the cooler, steering mount and a 13" steering wheel all for a matched set.
Whaddya think?

PS, I still need those numbers from you so that we can get even up to this point.

Crash, still waiting on answers to quite a few things.

I also found a T-98 just advertised on this forum. This looks like a good match for what I need and is readily adaptable to the GM motor.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_c715.htm

I found one thing that I didn't like, and that's that the SM420 is not adaptable to an Atlas and I may be able to get me hands on an atlas t-case.

So I see that you have it back in the shop. If'n you wanna get started, you need to answer some of my questions, including... how much do I owe you to date so we can get back to even?

Sorry dle--got robin's rig done---and drug yours over and went right to work making smoke and bendin--I will sit down tommorow night and play catch up :awesomework: Plus I have pics to post of the new tube work...

Sorry dle--got robin's rig done---and drug yours over and went right to work making smoke and bendin--I will sit down tommorow night and play catch up :awesomework: Plus I have pics to post of the new tube work...

I don't mind not payin' but I'm sure you'd like me to catch up :)

Sorry dle--got robin's rig done---and drug yours over and went right to work making smoke and bendin-- :awesomework: Plus I have pics to post of the new tube work...

:cool: been waiting for this:corn: :beer: subscribes to thread.

Looks like a Crash build from here :haha: Is it straight Mike:eeek:

Im T H I S tall:haha: :haha:

Attachments

• last.jpg
    last.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 209
ha ha--funny jim :fawkdancesmiley:

Ok so I drug this poor thing back over into the big stall and decided to start throwing some more tube at it.. Now the floor has been skinned over--on the top side--and when they did it they went over the front body mount bolts. Now thats not really an issue because the whole area where they used to go--is all rusted away. I found the top portion of the bolt just kinda jingling from the bottom side..

So my plan is to add some protection to the rocker area of the rig--and give placement for the A&B pillars of the cage. The cage will be hard mounted because its just too unsafe to do it any other way due to how the tub is. Plus I want this rig to roll outa here as if my own kid will be driving it..

So in any case I bent up a couple pieces of tube--and notched a few areas behind the lip of the rockers...

gmb84.jpg

One thing I found odd--when compared to the cj/yj/tj's is how they mount the tub. Its not only directly mounted to the frame--but the mounts down along the frame are opposite---the drivers side are on the inside of the frame and the passenger are on the outside of the frame...

So of course all landings of tube will be fishplated--but I ended up with this mount in the way on the passenger rear tube landing.

gmb85.jpg

So I just took the plasma and burned off the rivate heads (one nice thing is they do use those steel rivates--and easy to burn off)

gmb86.jpg

So I went and trimmed the new tube and tached it into place. This will not give a ton of protection from the side but will give all the protection in the world when landing on stuff--which is really where this rig needs it... Unfortunately I was not able to get a good fit/follow the contuer of the tub due to the waveness of it---but its pretty close... I swear back then they musta just eyeballed alot of stuff,lol...

gmb87.jpg

gmb88.jpg

The front lands on the lower tube of the fender---which will give it a good transition as you are sliding down stuff..
And here is where it lands on the frame on the rear side. Once its burned in I will cut the stock mount I removed and plug weld it back on. Not that its going to make it any stronger(tub) but might help keep some the rattle noises down(BIG maybe,lol)

gmb89.jpg

Ok so before I go any farther---dale had wanted to make sure the soft top is able to go back on--so I drug it out of the back shed--and gave it a good cleaning. Can you say drip dry,lol...

gmb90.jpg

gmb91.jpg

Man----doesn't it just look cute,lol... So took some pre-measurements and pulled it back off...

gmb93.jpg

Now the fun is starting...........

So I went and looked/figured/looked some more as I often do,lol----then measured some tube and threw it in the chop saw...

So I started by lopping a hole in the floor for the A-pillar..

gmb92.jpg

As you can see the A-pillar will land on the new tube--and I had to notch a pinch seam a tad since the tube hugs the tub nicely...
Some more figuring/bending

gmb94.jpg

For some reason I lost my measurement where the soft top sat in the rear--but luckily I remembered where the rear support sat. So located that and knew where the tube could not be,lol. Took some measurements and tossed the tube in the bender and thats as far as I got today

gmb95.jpg

So Crash, I have a lead on a way that I may be able to get a coil over system from this company.
http://www.radflo.com/coil_springs.htm
If you were to build into the Willys a coil over system and dump the leaf springs, what parts would I need from here? I need to give the supplier some part numbers.

I am also working on this from PSC.
http://www.pscmotorsports.com/fhk100p-25-double-end-steering-cylinder-kit-w-ppump-p-634.html
Plus the cooler, steering mount and a 13" steering wheel all for a matched set.
Whaddya think?

PS, I still need those numbers from you so that we can get even up to this point.

Personally--for now I would just keep the curent suspension on it.

IMo if the rig was to go coilovers--I would take the frame and throw it away and build a new frame.

As for the hydro stuff--let me dig up the info again. As nice as the dual ended ram stuff is---I personally don't like it and its ALOT more $$ than how I wanna do it--and the only difference is a 1/2 turn one way vs. other....

But I will dig up the info again as I have it stuffed away someplace on this desk of mine....

Crash, still waiting on answers to quite a few things.

I also found a T-98 just advertised on this forum. This looks like a good match for what I need and is readily adaptable to the GM motor.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_c715.htm

I found one thing that I didn't like, and that's that the SM420 is not adaptable to an Atlas and I may be able to get me hands on an atlas t-case.

If memory searves me right---running that tranny isn't much of a stronger unit than whats in there now--not something I would wanna see ya run.

Plus one thing you wanna remember--the atlas is a big case----and floor will have to be removed,lol... Granted its a nice case but IMO a 300 will survive nicely in this lil rig....

:cheer: Glad to see you going on this thing again, Mike. You do some awesome work. :awesomework:

Thanks. even though it has been sitting--I have been going over and looking/thinking.... But I am doing the part I realy enjoy the challenge of--the tube work :awesomework:

I like the tube fenders yer making Mike, thats exactly what i want to do with mine. So they fallow the original fender line but are made out of tube, cause those fenders are super vonerable how they sit from the factory.

You could make me some fenders next:kiss: