• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Little Red" 77 Hilux Build

yota8

Ok, so heres the jist of everything so far... I bought an 81' yota and was gonna fix it up. After sooner reconsideration I decided to **** that project because there was wayyy to much rust and the frame was bent. So I ended up picking up a 77 hilux 2wd for really cheap, drove it home. The hilux has the 20r engine in it, and i will be swapping everything *besides the 81 motor* over from the 81' to make it 4wd. I will be running 44044 waggy springs for my fronts, and make a springs pack of toyota rears, for my rear springs. Thank you rookie for hauling the 81 over for me :awesomework:

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02383.jpg

DSC02384.jpg

DSC02386.jpg

DSC02385.jpg

DSC02393.jpg

DSC02392.jpg

DSC02398.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

Tonight I was taking out the rear axle from the 77, my god those center sleeves are a bitch on the hangers. I poured alot of liquid wrench on them and I will check on them in the morning. As of now I feel like im coming down with the flu.

Also I was looking closer into to remove the front IFS, and the cross member that the control arms connect to, the stupid motor mounts are connected to that cross member also, so it looks like im going to need some help figuring out how to make motor mounts that connect to my frame (never done it) Anyways... that is all :awesomework::beer:

So i take it you dont need that dis. any more:eeek:

Sorry, I don't have my liscence currently and my mother would be the only one to drive me out there and her bf just dislocated his knee now they have to do surgery on some tendon? So shes been running back and forth to the hospital, its been hectic dude :booo:

Ok, so heres the jist of everything so far... I bought an 81' yota and was gonna fix it up. After sooner reconsideration I decided to **** that project because there was wayyy to much rust and the frame was bent. So I ended up picking up a 77 hilux 2wd for really cheap, drove it home. The hilux has the 20r engine in it, and i will be swapping everything *besides the 81 motor* over from the 81' to make it 4wd. I will be running 44044 waggy springs for my fronts, and make a springs pack of toyota rears, for my rear springs. Thank you rookie for hauling the 81 over for me :awesomework:

Sorry, I don't have my liscence currently and my mother would be the only one to drive me out there and her bf just dislocated his knee now they have to do surgery on some tendon? So shes been running back and forth to the hospital, its been hectic dude :booo:

:eeek:

sounds like a fun abet large project. Keep the build posted :cheer:

Pokey!! Your petty!!

pick the littlest issues to start **** with!! pretty effin :rb: man!!!:looser:

Yota..Good luck on your build up!!!!!!!!!!!

tell yer mom's bf to MAN UP!! Unless he is a girly boy:haha:

It was on the island, and I took a chance considering the tabs are expired from 02'. And no i dont have my liscence, i just had my mom follow behind me so that a cop wouldnt get behind me... it was only like 2 miles away.

I got the rear axle out, and the tranny from the 77, i will be taking out the tranny and tcase from the 81 and bolting that up today, and then get to work on the front ifs of they 77. I hate not having a plasma up here :booo:

Bolted up the rest of the tranny and tcase, need to figure out what to do with the crossmember situation. Took out all the ifs crap, took off the front clip of the 81' and removing that engine tommorow. Oh and im getting a flowmaster 40 series for the 77' its straight pipe in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmCVvufJRfc

DSC02409.jpg

DSC02410.jpg

Homeowners association was bitchin, i had to get rid of this soon so i took out the axles and everything i wanted off of it, and some dude is picking it up tommorow :cool:

Another toyota raped

DSC02416.jpg

DSC02418.jpg