• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My time sink

ManiacMagoo

Here is a pic of my time sink:

101_0509.jpg

God knows how much tubing I have waisted to just scrap on this damn thing. Thats the ride height I'm going to try and keep. It won't have alot of uptravel because of the springs I'm using but it will be made up in down travel. Trying to keep the weight low and as light as possible. Hopefully later this summer when I get it done it will be able to compete with the unlimited 2.2's but be scaleish.

Well no not like you think. I'm going for something I have yet to see on Rcc and different to be original with it. It will just take me forever to get donelol.

Well in a way it will be a truggy but I'm cutting the original besides off the bed so I can attach them to the cage. They are in the process of being bobbed. I just need to get off my lazy ass and drive to home depot to get the stuff to build my frame with. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to cut the hood off and hinge it. If I do I will get one of the parma motors to put in it.

Did some more wet sanding on this thing today and got the bed trimmed almost all the way now. I'm going to be making a scoop for the hood to give it some attitude and smooth out the filler putty I'm using to do my mirriors with but I might just rip the mirrors off since they will get broken off the first time it flops. Here is a pic to give you an idea on the way I'm going to tube the frame. The bed will be done kind of like a desert race truck with the way the bedsides will attach.

101_0528.jpg

Hum should I keep the taillight section, mold it into the bed sides, and mount the ligths on the tube work in between the bed sides or should I cut them out and try to figur away to make them look like real tail lights? :corn: