• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Never wheel alone lesson learned

86chevota said:
What did you think of the moon trail? That's were pholmann in the pouring rain put the beat down from hell on his buggy :tc
That's where I stuck mine on its lid too. Good trail. After my appointment with 5bros, I'm going back for round 2.
b003f6ab1cf5875a0c4121228730b07f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell yeah that trail was hell on rigs that weekend. Think that's were kusk yard sale his jeep too

pholmann said:
My wallet says video or not it definitely happened. It was dark and raining. A video wouldn't have helped.

AB3A5437-4CAD-495E-9BCF-F77F35603DF0_zpsppbjac4a.jpg
Why would you mention your wallet? Now we will have to deal with Captain unoriginal! ::)

Re:

It turns out the winch cable broke loose of the drum. It still has to be engaged and free spooled by banging lever with something. I'd rather have a high end cheap winch rather than a warn VR. I have had better luck with habor freight.

Re:

I've got 2 warns and they both suck. I've thought about selling them for something else

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

I had a warn 9500hs for 10 yrs that always worked and have a m12000 on my black truck that's great. The VR is a entry level warn recommended for occasional use. It is a cheaped out model to just have a warn. I had to beat the clutch knob with a hammer to free spool and then pull the cable out with a pickup.

Re: Re:

tnford88 said:
I would definitely rather have a high end cheap brand than a cheap name brand.
Same here....my xrc8 and xrc h20 8's never let me down. The h20 is also quite fast!

I never bought into the Warn hype. Good winches....but not for twice the price of smittybilt stuff.

Put an 8274 on it and get a snatch block. Never have this problem again. I hate when I see somebody pull out a damn mile marker, smitty built etc.. Just as well as to sit down and eat damn lunch. Slow basterds.

truckbroke said:
Put an 8274 on it and get a snatch block. Never have this problem again. I hate when I see somebody pull out a damn mile marker, smitty built etc.. Just as well as to sit down and eat damn lunch. Slow basterds.

8274 is the only way to go. Am a horrible driver and my friends are crazy so use mine a lot .

Re:

I'd put my smittybilt on 15 volts up against an 8274.

It may free spool in/out a lil faster but under load I bet you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference.

Mechman alternator the great equalizer. ;)

Latest posts