• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Never wheel alone lesson learned

Re:

I've pulled a 3 wheeled broken rig up hill with 2 other warns helping....one being an 8724.....and had to wait for them to catch up.

Not doubting speed of the big boy warn....just saying it's not as far ahead from the pack as they used to be.

i like my 10k $200 champion. It's slower than **** but it gets the job done. except when my tcase blew up the bolt broke off the drum but i'm 99% sure that the person pulling the cable pulled to much and left like 1 or 2 loops on the spool. I would like to have a highend winch but until this one craps out completely i'm gonna rock it.

tonybolton said:
I've pulled a 3 wheeled broken rig up hill with 2 other warns helping....one being an 8724.....and had to wait for them to catch up.

Not doubting speed of the big boy warn....just saying it's not as far ahead from the pack as they used to be.

Oh shiiiit!!! Looks like we gonna have to have a damn winch race!!!! Heads up racin.. Run whatcha brung.. Bet that draw a big crowd LMAO...

Tony we have put you in the Modified class though.. My **** be in da streetable stock class. lol

Re:

I'd get a 8274 but there is no room the way the front end is built. The winch selnoids have been mounted inside the motor compartment up high with a switch mounted next to the shifter. I'm need a low profile drum style to fit. I'm leaning towards the warn 9500xp or if I want one for Dixie Run I was looking at the Spartacus 10.5 heavy duty rugged ridge.

Re: Re: Never wheel alone lesson learned

truckbroke said:
Oh shiiiit!!! Looks like we gonna have to have a damn winch race!!!! Heads up racin.. Run whatcha brung.. Bet that draw a big crowd LMAO...

Tony we have put you in the Modified class though.. My **** be in da streetable stock class. lol
It's by no means best/fastests.....but for a 400$ shipped brand new winch I'm impressed. And I'm a pretty cheap bastard.

Does that green JK say "unsupervised" or something like that on the hood? He helped winch a friend out at Golden 2 weeks ago

patman said:
Does that green JK say "unsupervised" or something like that on the hood? He helped winch a friend out at Golden 2 weeks ago
Yes sir it does. His name is Wally. He told me he lives about 12mi away and is there often. He could probably make good side money with a offroad recovery business on the weekends.

tonybolton said:
It's by no means best/fastests.....but for a 400$ shipped brand new winch I'm impressed. And I'm a pretty cheap bastard.

Mine was free bitch :flipoff1:

ced6384bc2bc2bcf797788fe045d08f1.jpg

These are the size limitations I'm working with. The current one is a warn VR 10000 so as long as I get something similar with a removable senoild box I assume it should work.

tnford88 said:
Yes sir it does. His name is Wally. He told me he lives about 12mi away and is there often. He could probably make good side money with a offroad recovery business on the weekends.

When we first saw his jeep, it was lifted with 2 hi-lifts and both rear lower controls arms were removed. We didn't see him for another 2 hours

Re:

My problems I've had with my Warns have been both remotes barely work and my brake on the 9.5ti doesn't work at all but I'm guessing that's abuse by the previous owner. I have an xd8000 I paid $400 for and was still brand new in the box never installed and a 9.5ti that I paid $400 for used.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Latest posts