• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Note 91" Bouncer build

Eddyj said:
Slow your roll. ;D Had to finish-weld links and axles, clean them all, paint them, put diff covers on. Axles/tires/wheels have been attached to the chassis again. It looks pretty freaking cool. I will be painting engine cage and gas tank this week as well as picking up real motor and transmission (hopefully!).

Does anybody else consider it a big pain in the ass when dealing with a heavy steering axle when it is floating on jack stands, especially if the tie rod is disconnected? Kind of sucks when you are by yourself.

Dirt700 said:
Buggy is looking good
Thanks dude! Should look a whole lot better in a couple weeks.

Does anybody else consider it a big pain in the ass when dealing with a heavy steering axle when it is floating on jack stands, especially if the tie rod is disconnected? Kind of sucks when you are by yourself.
[/quote]

I got one word for you, son.... Rockwells!

The only time I second guess my rockwells was in my barn at 2am by myself. You don't even know about that 3rd member flipping upside down.
Keep it up man, your in the home stretch!!

That's no joke. Some heavy shtuff that can injure you!

I may venture out to a friend of mine to help me with the wiring. It will get done faster and cleaner. If he is available soon, this should be done in a month.

Racing it on the 14th of May is the goal.

Being in St. Louis puts me pretty far away from lots of races, so I am not going to be racing with any of the series, not to say it would be competitive enough anyway. I do plan on entering 3-4 events a year though and just enjoy using it the rest of the time. Can't wait.

dmtfabrication said:
So what's left? Assembly, plumbing and tuning? Gonna test run down at Oerters?

Assembly has begun, but I hit a snag while installing the converter into the trans, setting me back initially. Then 3 recent family functions on weekends. Finally back on track. But yes, ALL of plumbing to do still and of course wiring. I could go out to their property if I asked, but I rather not bother them unless they happen to be out in the woods that weekend, so most likely Moonlight.

Rig looks good bud! Think I met you at shamrock run? Atleast steveo said it was you in the white buggy. Talked to you about your Mohawk kit on your rocks. If it was you that chassis is flashemifyougotem. Rarely see ones I can fit in

SHELBS44 said:
Rig looks good bud! Think I met you at shamrock run? Atleast steveo said it was you in the white buggy. Talked to you about your Mohawk kit on your rocks. If it was you that chassis is flashemifyougotem. Rarely see ones I can fit in

Hmm. Was not me sir. Wish I was already out wheelin it!

I'm still alive, still slaving on it.

The final task I did last night was made my rear driveshaft. I took a measurement, did some cutting, tacked it together. Went out of my way to install it just to make sure my measurements were correct, and left enough room for splines to slip. All was well, took it back out... fully welded it, cleaned it, painted it. Both driveshafts are done. 8) This morning I started my day off by bolting the rear shaft up, and then it hit me... my rear was at ride height with jack stands underneath my rear lower link mounts, ok cool. My front was sitting at full bump...****. That meant the Tcase was actually pointed up. So I nervously hoisted the front of the buggy up while it pivoted at the rear jack stands, and whoopity doo, the driveshaft bottomed out. It was now too long :gtfo: So I unbolt it and restart the whole damn process. Seems simple enough, but what a waste of my labor. There are good days in the shop, and there are bad days... Idk why I told you guys that story.

However I did buy 2 new coilovers from Ryan at AccuTune. He is a nice guy and got them to me very quick. Also a shot of how I ran my exhaust.

Not to tell ya what to do but I would take the wrap off the exhaust. Ive seen several get fluids soaked in them and catch on fire. Just my 2 cents.. The build looks awesome by the way maybe u can make it down to Alabama to ride with us some day... thumb.gif

Thanks for the heads up, although what you see is what you get. There is none of it around the motor or on the headers which helps the concern you bring up. I did not want to buy that crap bc it is extremely expensive but have read that it absolutely does its job and I had seen it on other bouncers including Underrated which had full exhaust i think.
Yea i should be south with it on occasion. 8)