• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Our Build thread

blacksheep10 said:
he has WAY too much. hard for me to say because acceleration is like cocaine to me. I feel you'll be tickled with what you will have.
Yeah, too much horsepower for that rig. I think what you will have Doug will be a good balance.

we got a lot done today.

Mounted the tranny/tcase
flipped the intake--way easy to do. 5 minutes.
finished off the front end and got the coilovers mounted

didnt take any pics.

I'll get some when I go back over Monday.

Just keeping ya'lls in suspense ;D

new_buggy_004.sized.jpg

new_buggy_003.sized.jpg

new_buggy_005.sized.jpg

new_buggy_008.sized.jpg

Been a couple of weeks. Had Turkey day in there , a death in the extended family and trying to get ready with Xmas as well as trying to keep the funny going on in the HILLCLIMBING thread on the PBB. Here's some updates.

Have a couple of interior bars to put in and to make the rear panhard and mount the rad and coolers in the rear.

new_buggy_020.sized.jpg

This is the new Radiator from Custom Aluminum Radiators in Kingman, AZ. It has an oil cooler in the bottom of the rad. Has two pegs off the the bottom and we'll clamp it in on top.

new_buggy_018.sized.jpg

Dual SPAL fan setup with shroud. This thing is beefy. You can see how well it goes together with the pairs of mount locations at each corner.

new_buggy_017.sized.jpg

New buggy will be getting another new 12voltguy.com panel with the circuit breakers built in. I had one of his first panels and it lasted the 5 years we had our last buggy and I do have to say the quality of the units are badass.

new_buggy_025.sized.jpg

New Reverse shifted 3.0 shorty Atlas.

Interior cockpit area. We tied the upper link mount into the center bar for strength.

new_buggy_009.sized.jpg

new_buggy_009.sized.jpg

new_buggy_016.sized.jpg

new_buggy_022.sized.jpg

new_buggy_013.sized.jpg

new_buggy_012.sized.jpg

We love to welcome SOLTEK LIGHTING on as one of our new sponsors for the 2009 season. Their 4" FUEGO lights are going to be killer in the dark. Keep an eye for a lot of testing soon on their new Rock Lights that are coming out. Bigelow Motorsports will be testing these and giving some serious real world feedback.

new_buggy_015.sized.jpg

Man, that thing is really coming together. Looks good... I think I've said it before but I really like the lines of the back of the chassis.

thanks ricky. we have a couple of days to wrap up some small stuff next week if all the last parts get in and then break it down for final welding

Got a lot done here over the Christmas break. Mike and I are thinking about another good day and we'll have all the fabricating done on it. Its a roller now and sitting on its own. Its about 4 inches lower than ride height.

buggy_1227_011.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_010.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_009.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_008.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_007.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_006.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_005.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_004.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_003.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_002.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_001.sized.jpg

Bones said:
Looking good Doug. I need an update on where Team 555 is. :fish:
who?

Doug, you planning on going so fast that one of the smart asses doesn't ram you in the ass? that powertank just for mockup and there's really something else going there? I'd hate to see a stinger ram that thing off your rear tube.

yeah the powertank wont end up there. I just wanted to see it on there. It'll actually go on the bar directly in front of the rad. Plan is not to go fast. Plan is to keep it together to finish the race and let the cards fall where they fall.

Got some more done today and yesterday.

Mounted the tranny cooler, power steering cooler, overflow for rad, power steer res, one of the window nets. Also got the inner B pillar bars in, gussetted the front hoops, A and B pillars.

buggy_1227_014.sized.jpg

Hopefully we dont have any problems with cooling this year.

buggy_1227_013.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_012.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_015.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_016.sized.jpg

buggy_1227_017.sized.jpg

I think we are on the down hill slide now. Basically gotta mount the seat, 5 points, exhaust, GPS, Fire Estinguishers, Carrier Bearing and we can break it down for welding.