• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Race Safety - Was "How young is too young?"

Kansas-Kid said:

It isn't that they are pussies for the most part. The problem is people want to be "in the action" but then they want to blame someone else when they get hurt and they sue the pants off of everyone involved because it is their opportunity to hit it big, quick. The problem, if you ask me, is the lawyers. And the system. I am 100% for you getting as close to the action as you want. But don't come crying when you get hurt. It's not like this is a public roadway where everyone has a right to be and there is a reasonable expectation of safe and sane behavior. Nobody *has* to come watch these things. I thought what John G. Said was on point and well thought out. He doesn't feel safe if he is close enough to see so he chooses to enjoy having trails to himself elsewhere on race weekends.

It is truly that style of hang your balls out of your zipper racing that drew me to KOH. Now that Americans don't take responsibility for their actions anymore, we will soon never experience this type of spectating again.

It's the racing world that makes consumer products so great.

Sweet vids man. Thanks

Is America the only country with lawyers?

Or have people in this country become wimps and think the system should protect us and care for us because we can't do it ourselves.

If you get hit with something or ran over at an off-road event and sue because you choose to be there and put yourself where you could get hurt then you should be publicly shunned and it thrown out of court. The problem is we let to many people get away with it.

Rock bouncing is an extreme sport and that's why most of us love it and I believe event promoters are trying to run a fine line of letting folks get close to the action and at the same time keeping them at a reasonably safe distance. However YOU have to take some responsibility for yourself and worry about YOURSELF!

To get back to the topic of the original thread Sydney did a heck of a job racing and I look forward to watching her race more and beating several of you at future races.

Re: How young is too young?

slravenel said:
this is highly possible. how many times have we watched the "recovery crews" almost turn a buggy over on top of someone else?

Yea yea... i get it.
"These are volunteers"
"They are doing their best"
"You come and do it better, you big jerk"

I saw this multiple times Saturday. There were several buggies that went lid down right in the middle of cable. All but 1 slid most of the way back down on their top. Some slid immediately, some were delayed. One decided to stay upside down on an upper ledge, recovery crew, particularly one of the organizers, jumped right down into the ditch directly behind the buggy. There would have been nowhere to go if the buggy decided to let loose and slide on down the hill. I'm not sure this has much of a point other than damn, just think for a minute people.

LightBnDr said:
style of hang your balls out of your zipper racing

JayZus! I just spit my peach cobbler all over my keyboard!
I once saw jrich literally hang his balls out of his zipper on V-Notch, but he was drunk as cooter brown and had no clue he was in the middle of a crowd of spectators. Actually, he may have known he was.

To be specific, the scenario plays out like this most often: you get hurt and your good judgement knows damn well it was either your fault or your decision to be in a high risk environment. Once you hit the hospital and reality sets in that you may not be able to go to work, your friends and family ask "are you gonna sue them?" you should call that guy that says you are entitled to cash for your injuries or to cover your bills. Then well known attorneys encourage you to punish the sanctioning body for what happened. Before you know it the ball is rolling and everyone else but you pays the price.

It's what society says is ok. Real bummer

On a side note it was freakin cool to see a girl race cable hill. I also love European rally racing. Danger = awesome

Kansas-Kid said:
Is America the only country with lawyers?

Or have people in this country become wimps and think the system should protect us and care for us because we can't do it ourselves.

If you get hit with something or ran over at an off-road event and sue because you choose to be there and put yourself where you could get hurt then you should be publicly shunned and it thrown out of court. The problem is we let to many people get away with it.

Rock bouncing is an extreme sport and that's why most of us love it and I believe event promoters are trying to run a fine line of letting folks get close to the action and at the same time keeping them at a reasonably safe distance. However YOU have to take some responsibility for yourself and worry about YOURSELF!

To get back to the topic of the original thread Sydney did a heck of a job racing and I look forward to watching her race more and beating several of you at future races.

No, but we are one of the few with enough lawyers and a broken enough system that people can get rich by getting hurt.

Do I agree with it? Hell no. I think it's one of the biggest problems with this country. But I can't change that.

We are becoming (have become) pussified and WAY too PC (but that's a whole different thread).

Simple fact is that people tend to sue when they find out that getting their foot run over is worth $X,XXX,XXX. Or they get hurt, lose their job, and realize they have a family to support and find out that they can get $XX,XXX,XXX from Tommy Cameroon to "help" cover their bills.

Think of it like this… You go to an event thinking it's just going to be another day in the woods. Oh hey, I'll stand over here, there is no way that I can get hurt over here, there is a fence…a sign…and 50 other people over here. The guy driving the NEVERLIFTNOSURRENDERTAINTMONSTER2000 buggy decides that he wants to back up further than anyone has yet and launch the hill from bygod 16th gear with his datgum tars set on dig mode. His adrenaline is pumping, he knows he can make it and put on a good show. There is a crowd at the top of the hill, but they are far enough back that no one else has hit them yet…but that's because nobody has decided to take their balls out of their zippers yet ( :****: :wtflol: ). Well Jimmy-bo-bob loses control and launches his buggy into the crowd and kills your wife, maims your kid, and breaks your leg. You think "hey…this asshole used one too many whoopows trying to get on a Youtubes video." You can't work now because your leg is jacked up and you too depressed from the absolute hell you are living (which I REALLY hope no one ever has to deal with here), and your bills are stacking up. Mortgage is due, 250,000$ worth of medical bills are there, collectors are calling you every day.... Saul Goodman, the best lawyer in town, calls you one day and says "Hey KansasKid…I can get you about $30,000,000 from the guy that crushed you – his family business is worth 3 times that."

It's all downhill from here. Even more so with the new fan that came out with his kids for the first time ever because they think these weird buggy things are pretty dang cool and wanted to go see them jump stuff and see what all this hype is about. Welcome to America.

Again, do I agree with any of that? Not even sorta. I'm right there with you thinking people should take responsibility for themselves. But that's just not how it is anymore sadly. ESPECIALLY during sanctioned race events. Normal days on the trail – this isn't really an issue as bad since people aren't driving like this on a normal basis.

You're right we should just ban the ENTIRE sport. It's obvious from the comments here it is WAY to dangerous for the drivers and so is spectating it.

IN THE NAME OF SAFETY FOLKS ITS FOR THE GOOD OF EVERYONE!!

Some folks would bitch about a free cup of coffee

Kansas-Kid said:
You're right we should just ban the ENTIRE sport. It's obvious from the comments here it is WAY to dangerous for the drivers and so is spectating it.

IN THE NAME OF SAFETY FOLKS ITS FOR THE GOOD OF EVERYONE!!

Some folks would bitch about a free cup of coffee

No one is saying that besides the most tarded of the libtards. The only thing we are saying (and I believe I said it word for word) "People can do whatever they want to...just be ready for the consequences when **** inevitably goes south"

It's also not about the drivers in my opinion. They are plenty safe. We are just discussing event safety for the fans...thats all.

The danger is half the fun, I love wheeling and busting the biggest, baddest obstacles that I can. But I also don't pretend to think that we arent are all only one mistake away from getting sued into bankruptcy. I would like to limit that as much as possible.

LandSpeeder said:
JayZus! I just spit my peach cobbler all over my keyboard!
I once saw jrich literally hang his balls out of his zipper on V-Notch, but he was drunk as cooter brown and had no clue he was in the middle of a crowd of spectators. Actually, he may have known he was.

Oops

What I want to know is when is Madram or Bustedknuckle going to do a live broadcast like they do at the Backdoor Shootout?

Re: Re: Re: Race Safety - Was "How young is too young?"

WTH said:
What I want to know is when is Madram or Bustedknuckle going to do a live broadcast like they do at the Backdoor Shootout?
This would be cool if I found myself bored on a weekend during the day.

Re: Re: Race Safety - Was "How young is too young?"

rednecklights said:
I was thinking the same thing today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As soon as Redneck Lights pays for the sponsorship

Well I've read this entire thread...every single comment.
I've concluded three things:

1- There is no substitute for common sense. :dunno:
2- Accidents are gonna happen. :****:
3- You can't argue with stupid people. :flipgotcha:

Pretty sure this was the same as some of the concerns we have had. Prayers out to all involved and in attendance.

rixhc2.jpg

Sad situation for all involved. Thoughts are with the victim's family and the driver.
I'd say we can watch for big changes coming up! Too bad it takes something like this to make people take the risks seriously.

I always wondered if anyone gets sued when at a nascar race a tire comes off and plows soemone over. Same with hockey I guess, just wonder if someone could she them. Hell Ya Dam sure ain't signin waivers there. Just curious.

WTH said:

I wish it were that simple. It would take a ton of $$$ and man power to do a live broadcast at an event as most of the races have very little to no cell reception especially after the crowd starts rolling in. If someone knows a cost effective way to do a single camera live feed I am all ears. Youtube is already setup for it.

Don't most sporting event tickets for events like nascar, etc. have fine print on the back stating that by redeeming the ticket at the gate you are agreeing to not hold fault the event, promoters, etc. should something happen?

Yea yea, I know lawyers will find a way around the fine print, but it is there, right?

kushKrawlin said:
I always wondered if anyone gets sued when at a nascar race a tire comes off and plows soemone over. Same with hockey I guess, just wonder if someone could she them. Hell Ya Dam sure ain't signin waivers there. Just curious.

ridefast said:
Don't most sporting event tickets for events like nascar, etc. have fine print on the back stating that by redeeming the ticket at the gate you are agreeing to not hold fault the event, promoters, etc. should something happen?

Yea yea, I know lawyers will find a way around the fine print, but it is there, right?

Yes, they do have small print just like most all events. Ever read the back of your football, baseball, concert... Etc ticket? That disclaimer pretty much says if you stay it's at your own risk, if you don't agree you must leave. So, by staying you're "signing" or accepting the waiver.