• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Race Safety - Was "How young is too young?"

johneddie said:
Well I've read this entire thread...every single comment.
I've concluded three things:

1- There is no substitute for common sense. :dunno:
2- Accidents are gonna happen. :****:
3- You can't argue with stupid people. :flipgotcha:

this
/thread

civicmindedex79 said:
Pretty sure this was the same as some of the concerns we have had. Prayers out to all involved and in attendance.

rixhc2.jpg

Came here to post this.

Truly sad situation. SRRS and the other bouncing series need to take note and make sure it doesn't happen.

Sure, spectator was at fault and in a "off-limits" area, but it doesn't change the fact that somebody died.

Re: How young is too young?

BUG-E J said:
I promise you she scares me much less than people that show up with a **** load of money and throw it at a bouncer then hop in it and go wfo up a hill. I know she has wwwaayyy more seat time than anyone realizes.

Where is the like button for this.

I know some KIDS that have way more seat time and experience driving and climbing than most of the people out there. One because they grew up watching and doing it and second by being taught by their parents and others at an early age of what to do and not do. I would like to think as a off road community that all of this is and was considered when she was entered into the event. I can't imagine that any parent or promoter would allow a teenager to compete without feeling they could do it. Yes it got away at the top and could have been bad,but I have seen older more experienced drivers lose control and it almost get bad also. Thank god it didn't.

Re: Re: Race Safety - Was "How young is too young?"

Shortbus said:
Yes, they do have small print just like most all events. Ever read the back of your football, baseball, concert... Etc ticket? That disclaimer pretty much says if you stay it's at your own risk, if you don't agree you must leave. So, by staying you're "signing" or accepting the waiver.
Then you can claim your were not adviced of your rights by a lawyer and you didn't understand. Therefore your off the hook and they are now liable. Most waivers are worth the paper they are written on and not a lot more.

Aside from a handfull of elite drivers like TC, Bobby Tanner, etc does anyone really have that much control of a bouncer going wide open up a hill? In a lot of vids it seems like when the unexpected happens a lot of guys are just along for the ride, and I don't mean this as a dis at all, i have all the respect in the world for these guys, just haven't ever wheeled anything with all that much whompow

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I wish it were that simple. It would take a ton of $$$ and man power to do a live broadcast at an event as most of the races have very little to no cell reception especially after the crowd starts rolling in. If someone knows a cost effective way to do a single camera live feed I am all ears. Youtube is already setup for it.

PLEASE keep trip away from the microphone! :drinkers: so damn anoingwhen I'm trying to hear dem motors sang!

Gittinit said:
PLEASE keep trip away from the microphone! :drinkers: so damn anoingwhen I'm trying to hear dem motors sang!

Where was Trip? I did not hear him at all at Gray Rock? Got to have some entertainment between runs!

TonyBolt said:
Where was Trip? I did not hear him at all at Gray Rock? Got to have some entertainment between runs!

I'm sure more people were glad he wasn't there than ones that missed him :****: