• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snatch block load rating???

PHILLBILLY1

How can I tell what this thing is rated for. I have tried to find it online, but failed to. Anyone have any knowledge in this field???

The pins on it alone are 1-3'8" diameter, and the pin for the pully is greasable. The pully is 1/2" wide. The casing is 1/4" thick. Picture shows how to load it.

Last edited:
Don't know, but this one looks to be homebuilt maybe--in any case, if it was hb, I doubt you'll find a load rating for it; I would say the setup's weak link is the clevis, what size is it???

7/8"??? Damn....either way, If the block has no stamping, or something to reference it; I'd say it's homemade. Definitely looks beef though...

Don't know but it looks pretty strong. You could probably tie off to a tree, and stretch your frame before that thing would bust.

Don't know but it looks pretty strong. You could probably tie off to a tree, and stretch your frame before that thing would bust.

remember, pulleys on trees only provide a change of direction, no mechnical advantage. Only pulleys that move towards the direction of pull provide mech advantage, ie: mounted to the front of a stuck rig. Nerd stuff.

I'm with ZukKev, looks home made. Although old caribeners don't always have a load rating either.

I went and threw a new clevis on it, that is rated for 6-1/2 tons.

The new pins should add another couple tons of capacity......:redneck:

Last edited:
remember, pulleys on trees only provide a change of direction, no mechnical advantage. Only pulleys that move towards the direction of pull provide mech advantage, ie: mounted to the front of a stuck rig. Nerd stuff.

I understand that. I guess I should have made my point better.

Here goes. Phillbilly, you could totally hook up to an old growth tree, with a massive strap, and unspool your 25 million ton winch, and then rig that super snatch to 100 dump trucks, and back to your rig, and rip your frame in half before you break that snatch block.

Latest posts