• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

straddleline is back!!!!!

I saw a guy in a black cj5 at summer convention attack that hill one year. Dude was a drag guy as I recall, but we herd some one on the hill and walked over to check it out. took him a bunch of diffrent lines but when he got it from about 3/4 of the way up he launched. The last 5 feet or so are vertical rock face, he blasted off the top and cleared 30' or so of flat at the top. It was pretty impressive.

Anyhow itd be really cool to see the orv become what alot of us hoped it would, a place that we can ALL have fun instead of just another MX park.

Stu

cool story...your right..it has became mostly a dirt bike track..i really dont care for all the theatrics in the dirt bike world...its like wwf or something now.and we are loosing our trails and land to play on..there is alot of wheelers in this state..we need to have a place to show the public our sport isnt a bad thing..i remember seeing the park on i think discovery or speed maybe back in the day..jeep races.when we are out in the woods nobody sees us picking up garbege ...we need a super offroad park..for all types.it would be neet.i love that place..im excited to come back..if it had new trails id talk my club in to heading down for fun...maybe helping out to:awesomework::cheer:

is there still roads to it or what?

there never was a road to the hill climb, it is right inside the park. Soon as u go thru the gates keep to ur left and follow the fence around to the backside, if I remember right they built a little track of sorts right in fron t of the bottom of the hill, when u look at these days it is all grown up, but u look hard and u can see it......it would be a narly hill in a truck......

As far as the park goes, I think that they need to take more off the Top Truck Challenge style of course..... that would be plain cool if we had one in our backyard......plus a ton of people will come to watch that........Right in front of the grandstands the should dig out a "hill and hole".......Then build a huge rock garden and obstacle course were they use to hold the tuff truck course at......that way we could possibly hold a we rock there if the course was good enough......Then use the trails in the back for more of the TTC course stuff, probably take 20-30 acres to pull it off, but MAN I THINK IT WOULD BE A MONEY MAKER.......

Top Truck Challenge
http://youtu.be/kXRrl3I3JJY

Michigan Extreme Truck Challenge
http://youtu.be/ogXJransXjU

Hill and Hole
http://youtu.be/5idxX6du8cs

U guys need any help designing, ideas or what ever, let me know as I live 5 mins away and would love to devote alot my time to see this thing happen and it be the coolest thing since blue cheese..... Plus I got a big rig that I can help test the stuff out while building and help with more design and etc..... :redneck:

I was with ya until this........................

not a cheese fan huh.... :fawkdancesmiley:

Here is an idea that I was thinking for the grandstand area of the park...... Tuff truck course, comp rock course and barrel racing area.....Then have all the other stuff out back.......

2poqcxs.png

Im down, the only bad thing about building all that in front of the grandstands is that it has to come out when another event comes in.

We (the 4x4 crew) have been given the area behind the mx track to do what ever we want and leave it. there is a good spot for a small hill n hole and a grassy area past that to do a frame twister. alot of clearing and grubbing to make it happen tho. any support will let upper management know that we mean buisness. olywa: you need to come see me somtime this week if you live so close and gimme some ideas!

Im down, the only bad thing about building all that in front of the grandstands is that it has to come out when another event comes in.

We (the 4x4 crew) have been given the area behind the mx track to do what ever we want and leave it. there is a good spot for a small hill n hole and a grassy area past that to do a frame twister. alot of clearing and grubbing to make it happen tho. any support will let upper management know that we mean buisness. olywa: you need to come see me somtime this week if you live so close and gimme some ideas!

oh I was under the impression that it would be like it was last few times they had something out there, I didn't even think about anything else being there....:redneck:

Out back would actually be better for what we would want to happen anyways.... I would love to come down and take a walk around the place and throw out some ideas for a 4x4 area...:redneck:

I sent u a pm on meeting this week.....

Two weeks untill the first 4x4 playday at Straddleline orv. We have been doing some more work up there and opening more area to build on. There will be a course marked out that we will be making timed runs on and the rock crawl willl be open. For info email me at [email protected] or go to the website at www.promotopromotions.com.

new test pics from straddleline

I was behind that guy at the hammers on backdoor and he ripped the rear axle truss/link mount loose from the rearend on that rig. He got luckey and it didnt come of and let the axle roll, it just peeled up and moved a bit but stayed on good enough to limp on its own.

Didnt know it was a local rig.

I need a contact number for who ever is in charge of building the orv park. I got the ok to hook you up with otr tire so i need you to contact me to schedule drop off.253 241-0561

what rig were you chop? we waiting for that other guy that broke his rear link in front of us and just trying stupid lines up back door to get around him. lots of fun that week. were going back to qualify next year after we put some power underneath the hood.

Glad to hear your excited and have a load of rocks coming in later this week!!!I will call you later brian

Last edited:
what rig were you chop? we waiting for that other guy that broke his rear link in front of us and just trying stupid lines up back door to get around him. lots of fun that week. were going back to qualify next year after we put some power underneath the hood.

I was behind ya in a all toyota buggy that was aluminum panels and blue tubing and a beer keg fuel tank.

I got some cool pics of your rig on the first ledge and on top and pics of the broke guy too.

Hey I need to talk to you a.s.a.p to plan a drop off Saturday morning. Please call so i can figure out how we are unloading and meet time.253 241-0561