• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Street legal

By all means please enlighten us all and show ANY rcw that pertains to beadlocks or that wheels HAVE to be DOT approved.

OlyWa
If you can find the exact thing you're looking for on the rcw web database, you're a better man than I.

This is the only wheel related rcw I could find. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.37.369
I suppose they could try to get you on the "repair by welding" if you've got home built bead locks, or the presenting a danger to pedestrians or cyclists thing. I think you'd have to be one hell of a jackass to piss a cop off that bad.

Last edited:
By all means please enlighten us all and show ANY rcw that pertains to beadlocks or that wheels HAVE to be DOT approved.

OlyWa

I don't believe it's an RCW issue, but rather a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards issue.

Found this, under Rim markings for vehicles other than passenger cars
But I could find nothing on markings for passenger cars.

In the case of rims of multi piece construction, the information listed in S4.4.2 (a) through (e) shall appear on the rim base and the information listed in S4.4.2 (b) and (d) shall also appear on each other part of the rim.

Which would imply that B/L rings would neen a marking to be legal, if this applies to passenger cars as well.

I don't believe it's an RCW issue, but rather a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards issue.

Found this, under Rim markings for vehicles other than passenger cars
But I could find nothing on markings for passenger cars.

In the case of rims of multi piece construction, the information listed in S4.4.2 (a) through (e) shall appear on the rim base and the information listed in S4.4.2 (b) and (d) shall also appear on each other part of the rim.

Which would imply that B/L rings would neen a marking to be legal, if this applies to passenger cars as well.

That is for commercial vehicles. Not all rims have the DOT stamp on them. Hell go to pirate and do a search for beadlock legality(its been hashed out manytimes). Nobody has been able to show a law that says they are illegal,or that DOT approval is required.

OlyWa

Latest posts