• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The naches trail

dessertrunner735

Does anyone,or has anyone ran the entire naches trail from greenwater etc ,do ya have gps way points ,havent found alot of info on it other then the pacific trail which is a footpath.just lookin for some better intel on the trail or if there are anyone wheeling it this summer - let me know ,fellow wheeler.:awesomework:

no one has ever ran the trail...:redneck:

check out nwjeepn.com there are some good maps and descriptions on there in their trail section (there's a tab on the top of the page, click on it, hit washington and scroll down through the list of trails!:awesomework:)

naches trail

what would you rate the trail at? both my Broncos can handle anything I throw a them just lookin at the wow factor for the ride! is there a complete trail from 410 to whereever?:hi:

what would you rate the trail at? both my Broncos can handle anything I throw a them just lookin at the wow factor for the ride! is there a complete trail from 410 to whereever?:hi:

Durring summer/dry months a rig on 32's and one locker can easily do it both ways. Durring the end of the season I have battled to get over it locked up on 38's.

Also to add the nachies trail isn't hard--but its very scenic and well worth to do it at least once.

Durring summer/dry months a rig on 32's and one locker can easily do it both ways.

I'm guessing you're tossing Lower Naches into the description here? I made it through several times (in both directions) in a stock '01 Tacoma with open diffs and simi-bald 31" street tires without issue :D

Agreed on the difficulty (minus Lower Naches -- I've never been through it). Naches is an experience and tradition more than a hard-core wheelin' trail. You've got to do it at least once.

It's my favorite trail, just because of the scenery, and dry east-side climate.

lookin for people to run it

lookin to do a trip with friends and fam the history on it sounds cool, and it sounds like it would be fun too. my tow rig is my 86 fsb fully trail ready lockers front rear 4.56s just need some body armor and a winch,havnt had one on it for 23years and have been everywhere from the yukon to baja 260k mile on it ,complete rebuild 3yrs ago . just want to wheel with the fam too,my trail rig is a bronco II ,will handle mild to wild. any trail books on the nw trail system other than topo's:corn:

I'm guessing you're tossing Lower Naches into the description here? I made it through several times (in both directions) in a stock '01 Tacoma with open diffs and simi-bald 31" street tires without issue :D

Agreed on the difficulty (minus Lower Naches -- I've never been through it). Naches is an experience and tradition more than a hard-core wheelin' trail. You've got to do it at least once.

It's my favorite trail, just because of the scenery, and dry east-side climate.

I was refering start to finish with no bypass's of any section. The uphill on the west side heading east can get a little slippery and so can the hill on the est side heading west.

I have done the trail both directions. like said before, the hills are not a problem when it is dry, but being muddy can be a bit more of a challenge. The lower section on the east side from the rabbit holes to the end would be the worst section of the trail. I have been through it and the water, ruts, and holes,can get prerry deep and and would not suggest a stock rig unless its dry, but the rest is very doable.

I have heard of many full size guys doing it with out damage :awesomework:

Last edited:
I have heard of many full size guys doig it with out damage :awesomework:[/QUOTE]

I have heard of many full size guys doing it with lots of damage:awesomework::redneck:

It's a great trail. If you hit it with just the right amount of snow:cool:

The other option is always forest service road 70 which is just a service road that will spit you out at Naches. The views are great and I think its about the same amount of time over the pass. Its a much shorter trip.

Just an idea. The views are great and it can be done in a stock truck no problem if the snow is gone.

I was refering start to finish with no bypass's of any section. The uphill on the west side heading east can get a little slippery and so can the hill on the est side heading west.

West side hill is definitely something a stocker shouldn't be on, but the rest is no biggie. Granted, I'm not sure I'd like for (any part of) Naches to be my first ever trail, but it certainly wasn't hard. Yeah, there are a few spots that are a bit spooky, but nothing "hard" per say beyond LN. I also don't recall any bypasses, but (again) it's been a while since I was there last, and it's always been during the dry season.

I dunno why, but I've always considered Little Naches and Naches two separate trails :dunno: Go figure...

Not sure *I'd* take a full size rig through there, but what do I know?

West side hill is definitely something a stocker shouldn't be on, but the rest is no biggie. Granted, I'm not sure I'd like for (any part of) Naches to be my first ever trail, but it certainly wasn't hard. Yeah, there are a few spots that are a bit spooky, but nothing "hard" per say beyond LN. I also don't recall any bypasses, but (again) it's been a while since I was there last, and it's always been during the dry season.

I dunno why, but I've always considered Little Naches and Naches two separate trails :dunno: Go figure...

Not sure *I'd* take a full size rig through there, but what do I know?

By bypass's I mean not taking any service roads that intersect the trail to bypass a section of it.

I have always looked at the little nachies as a seperate area from the nachies trail. Or more like the nachies trail dumps you into the little nachies area on the east side.