• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

the never ending Bones new bike thread...

Neighbor put a WallyWorld set on his VTX and loved them...they were small projector bulb style....cheap chrome....he said they gave the extra light he wanted. You are riding a Trumpy though....if you're gonna do it at least do PIAA. :woot: booyang

6uldv8 said:
Neighbor put a WallyWorld set on his VTX and loved them...they were small projector bulb style....cheap chrome....he said they gave the extra light he wanted. You are riding a Trumpy though....if you're gonna do it at least do PIAA. :woot: booyang
I just need them to fit where I want them and not look like ass. They will mount on the forks or I won't do it. My KLR headlight turned with the wheels and I am just used to that still. So I want some light when I am leaned into a dark corner and one side of my stock lights is pointing to the tree tops.

Whoops!

Hoping to head to NE Illinois for this new ride this weekend :-*

2002 LC4 640e 2850 miles, Stock motor, Jet Coated pipe, bar risers, rear rack by CJracer, Dirtbag side racks, Large tank, jel seat.Stock tank and seat also included, Bike in good shape, has some wear marks on side plates from dirtbagz and your typical scratches.

Small tank
502080965_SZ5Eq-M.jpg

Large Tank (can barely tell a difference.) :afro:
502080895_sSvzz-M.jpg

I have a few trips planned already for NE Iowa, WI and MN where my folks have a place to crash. If I go that far south I am trailering the hooker.

Bones said:
I have a few trips planned already for NE Iowa, WI and MN where my folks have a place to crash. If I go that far south I am trailering the hooker.
I got a hard ass, i'll just have to venture North
as long as theres beer and gravel... booyang

I took off west of town and hit some nice gravel and some Level B and headed towards home on gravel and ended up on the Cedar River riding along the river and stopped for a smoke and some phone pics.

On that Level B area. Nice riding I thought.
505179623_3vbTc-L.jpg

On the Cedar
505179558_swqmL-L.jpg

505179511_ww2Yw-L.jpg

Then I looks and see this. Oil all lover the side case :-\ I checked it this morning and it was full. Could it have been too full and puked out someplace?? I got home and took off the skiddy and checked the oil. Didn't loose much, but it makes me nervous. Already emailed the PO to see if he had this happen to him before. Hope I am just overly cautious.

Logged 110 miles and fell in love with dual sporting again.

505179469_yTYtv-L.jpg

jtreeves1 said:
i saw 2 or three ktm duals today
across from barbers motorstort park
I lust Barbers!

I think I might have fixed it. Cleaned the bike up and then took the seat/tank off and tighten some hose clamps that take oil from the frame to the motor and HOPE that does it. Took it around the block and noticed a tad more, but hope it's just residual. Barely below full on the dip stick, so not as bad as it looks.

I rode today as well. Columbia has some of the best multi-use trails in America, multiple large city parks, and a very large state park ~5 miles from my house. One of the nature areas is Grindstone Park, and it is basically the southern boundary of MU. I have been lusting to take the new Salsa for a spin on some real trails, and almost got a little too much. Grindstone's most popular time was probably about five years ago and many of the trails are in desperate need of maintenance. It seemed as though there were downed trees every 50-100 yds. Some can be hopped over, but some of the canopies of the trees are blocking the trails and you have to climb through or go around. I stopped counting after I yard saled it 8 times, two of those were ass-over-tea-kettle. My person will be hurting tomorrow. I made some of the fiddy rally wrecks look like a day at the playground.

salsa.jpg

P said:
I predict this thread will never die , for Bones can not settle with one motorcycle when there are so many to choose from...

I think he just got another one.... agian
My latest

08 Husky 610..... :woot:
630040143_CmdhE-S.jpg

630040156_FfYpT-S.jpg

Latest posts