• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The swa-wing

So I wanted to redo my battery mount so I came up with this.

swa-98.jpg

swa-99.jpg

It mounts nicely and I had to redo the upper links with a little more bend to make sure I can get the battery high enough with no link contact.

swa-100.jpg

So I also tore the front apart (drive pin also broken) and drilled all the gears and shaved more off the tubes and gear cases. If you read back when I did bearings for the knuckles I made shims to preload the bearing. Since these are aluminum knuckles the area inside the knuckle is wider than the cast ones and I just reversed the bearing with the flange on the inside. To set the preload against the bearing you simply file material off the tube where the bearing meets it. Unfortunately I broke 2 of them and was out so I gotta get more bearings to finish that up. I also gave the front more caster.
I also made a new tie rod..

swa-101.jpg

swa-102.jpg

OMG..... Its funny how something "just a tad" bigger could have been such a work out to get "just right"...

I looked at a few ways of doing it and decided to do it like I did my last setup.

But ya it was a workout.

Outer extension mount.

swa-104.jpg

swa-105.jpg

Main mount

swa-106.jpg

swa-107.jpg

swa-108.jpg

Servo in place. I also made a top mount so the servo is sandwiched but its a U shape due to no room on the front side due to the tie rod. Like the last setup I had to modify the servo horn to get everything to jive like it should and I have full travel.

swa-109.jpg

swa-110.jpg

swa-111.jpg

I just gotta get the caster adjusted again and the WB adjusted and its ready to test out....