• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This is interesting

skinny_pedal

So I went to remove my rear bumper on my truck since it took a beating last weekend and no longer is serving its purpose. While doing so I noticed something interesting with my shackles:redneck: Whats the easiest way to go about correcting this?

Last edited:
Try rapin the motor out, and dropping the clutch.

Or get up to about 35 mph, and aim for a wall, or pole, or some other large object. Sometimes that will work. Of course you will need a new front bumper then too, and poss. radiator.

Also, that will continue to happen unless you weld the shackle in place.

Tech master.

Last edited:
Bottle jack between the leaf spring and the frame. You'd be surprised how much tension there is holding those where they are. A pry bar may not do it even with the tire in the air.

Bottle jack between the leaf spring and the frame. You'd be surprised how much tension there is holding those where they are. A pry bar may not do it even with the tire in the air.

My answer pretty much exactly. Those springs are going to pop back like a mofawker.. :redneck:

Are they rancho leafs? They were known for doing that with stock shackles. Go 1" longer shackle and it won't happen again.

I've seen that on a few yota's. Flipping it back over will fix it until you flex again, then it'll pop back like that. Longer shackles or move your shackle mounts close on the frame.

I have no idea what springs they are. I know there old school, don't flex, and squeek like a some bitch on the trail. It was funny cause when we were wheeling, Nick goes "something doesn't feel right back there". I wonder why:redneck:

That happens to the front of my YJ from time to time. Usually just flex it on something or hi-lift the frame and they pop right back.

longer shackles will help, but the springs are too short, like re-arched stock length or something.
Get a 86-88 set with a longer shackle, see where your shackle angle is at rest.
might need to move your shackle hanger. (easy)

Latest posts