• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tlt build under $200

baja-toy

hey check this out, i wanted to biuld a tlt but i didn't have the money or know how to build one. now ive got one it only cost me about 170. it's not completly finished i still need some axle spacers so if anyone has some for sale i'll buy them. any tell me what you think.
oh and if you like the beadlock rings i can make you a set for ten bucks

I gotta say thanks to 4WS Samurai for giving me the axles and electronics for free

Attachments

• P9020234.JPG
    P9020234.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 160
  • P9020235.JPG
    P9020235.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 160
  • P9020236.JPG
    P9020236.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 157
  • P9020237.JPG
    P9020237.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 167
  • P9020238.JPG
    P9020238.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
nice biuld tyson hey man this is kevin snider give me a call some time im going to biuld one up real soon 425 314 5500
very nice man

Baja Toy - That's a good looking rig. Did you buy it for 170, or build it? I'd like to see some body off pictures, and maybe some bigger shots, and some more details. If you did this for $170, you should be really proud of yourself. Most guys end up $300 - $500 into a TLT crawler, and another couple hundred for a Super. Great Work!

BTW - what wheels did you use for the beadlocks, and are they functional?

Todd1803 said:
Baja Toy - That's a good looking rig. Did you buy it for 170, or build it? I'd like to see some body off pictures, and maybe some bigger shots, and some more details. If you did this for $170, you should be really proud of yourself. Most guys end up $300 - $500 into a TLT crawler, and another couple hundred for a Super. Great Work!

BTW - what wheels did you use for the beadlocks, and are they functional?
i bought the chasis for 70 but the the rest i did my self. the beadlocks are just for looks on this set i'm working on some real ones but it's hard to find the time.
i'll have some mor pics up soon. i haven't really got to try it out yet cause my battery charger died so i hope by next week it will be good

here is the colors i can make the rings in. $10 i'll mail you a set

Attachments

• P9020240.JPG
    P9020240.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
DarkShadow said:
nice biuld tyson hey man this is kevin snider give me a call some time im going to biuld one up real soon 425 314 5500
very nice man
hey kevin, yeah me and bobby are building my truck

dude when i get a chance im going to come to your house and check out the tlt so did u ever sell your yota or get a stright axle for it.any ways ttyl

i'm getting the axle somtime this week. yeah come check out the little crawler and get going on yours

i am started i got my SW2 chassis on the way to my house i have everything i need and were to get them from im just waiting im saving some money for the rest of my vac im in kansas tell the 5th then when i get home ill buy some more stuff.

hey where did u get your axle from.and the body

if u want to test your toy lewis street has alot of good rocks and were the old trussle was by the little creek and highbridge has alot of good rocks anyways ttyl

Last edited:
dam how much did that sw2 cost you cause i was just checking out an xrc chassis kit that look pretty sweet i think thats goin to be my next project. um axles, i got my set from a guy on this board he just gave them to me. the body i got from some guy on rccrawler.com you should check that out befor youget to crazy and buy stuff you don't need

Last edited:
lol im rccraler.com and im not going overboard yet :p and ugh i want someone to give me an axle lol u suck and did u buy the body or did he give it to u and how do u get people to just give u stuff

i put up a post that i wanted to buy a tlt and that i would pay up to 300 and this guy said i could have his. it was a little ruff. i only used the axles and electronics and i'm going to need a new speed controler and reciver but hey it was free so i'm pretty thankful for that. the body i got was from another guy that i bought the tube chassis from