• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trails disscusion

actually this thread was for pictures of busy wild.

Yes your right and those pictures brought up a bit of debate with good feed back from both sides. Now some ass hat comes in here and tells us all to shut up. We were doing just fine without his stupid comments.

Why dont you all stop your bitching and just wheel. This thread is going no where but twisting up all your panties and causing a midol malfunction. Fawk all this "Im telling on you cause you drove here or your gonna get fined for going there or my ***** hurt cause my tires are to small or im jealous cause your tire are bigger"....... Just fawking get out and have fun!!!!!:rolleyes: :mad:

STFU dude. This thread will end up where the last few like it did. Locked down because of all the argueing that goes on and nothing gets solved. The only way anything will come of this is all the **** talkers on here to get involved and go out to help the trails. Running your mouth on here is going to get you no more than a slap on the hand and a locked thread.

If it's never talked about, nothing will ever get resolved.

If by **** talkers you are referring to Gibby, myself, and 03RUBICON. Then you need to take a step back, reread this thread and look at who is really out there working to keep trails open.

I need to get back down there and check it out. Hopefully I can make the next work party. We all need to stay on the trails and keep them in good shape or we are just going to lose the few places we do have. If you do not have the right rig to play on the hard trails then stay off. Why should the ones that have put hard money into there rigs be hurt from those that have a illequipped(sp) rig that does not belong. It's no different then those that have the big rigs going and making the easy trails hard for them. Just stay on the trails that your rig is able to do.

Yes your right and those pictures brought up a bit of debate with good feed back from both sides. Now some ass hat comes in here and tells us all to shut up. We were doing just fine without his stupid comments.

All these same points have been brought up before. Nothing happens on here but arguing. Whats the point of bashing one guy for driving on a stump. He now know he did wrong and wont do it or take pics of it next time.Problem solved.:beatdeadhorse:

If you do not have the right rig to play on the hard trails then stay off. Why should the ones that have put hard money into there rigs be hurt from those that have a illequipped(sp) rig that does not belong. It's no different then those that have the big rigs going and making the easy trails hard for them. Just stay on the trails that your rig is able to do.

Unfortunately - THAT is exactly what happened to the Busy, and why the "old timers" with the smaller rigs are pissy. ;)

For the last 50ish years the trails have been populated by offroaders. Many of the older guys (certainly not all) bithc about how times have changed and they miss the "good old days" when 33's were considered HUGE. As much as the older ones bitch I think they need to remember that before they showed up post WWII all the trails either didn't exist or were "wheeled" on by horses... :haha:

Times have changed, rigs have gotten bigger and the iron duke is no longer the engine of choice. Sorry to break it to you but its called evolution. What I hear is a lot of people bitching that someone showed up with a bigger, better machine and its their fault that the smaller underpowered rig can't make it up anything anymore.

I don't advocate for tearing up the trail intentionaly but **** happens. If I lived within a reasonable distance from the trail cleanups I'd be there but there isn't any near me currently. We are working on getting one going near us though. Funny but you can't wear out a rock trail... And all the litter is from shooters in our area.

I need to get back down there and check it out. Hopefully I can make the next work party. We all need to stay on the trails and keep them in good shape or we are just going to lose the few places we do have. If you do not have the right rig to play on the hard trails then stay off. Why should the ones that have put hard money into there rigs be hurt from those that have a illequipped(sp) rig that does not belong. It's no different then those that have the big rigs going and making the easy trails hard for them. Just stay on the trails that your rig is able to do.

Because those "hard trails" were not that way before they were rutted up by the big meats and widened by the wide rigs.

I never thought in a million years I would want restrictions to tire size or width on trails but I am starting to beleive thats the only way to keep our trails in one peice.

What I hear is a lot of people bitching that someone showed up with a bigger, better machine and its their fault that the smaller underpowered rig can't make it up anything anymore.

quote]

Exactly the problem. Were not jelous of your over built rig, were scratching our heads wondering why, why build something to good for the terrain and for gods sake why are you on our trails ****ing thme up.
It's ain't evolution. You think there were not 38's in the 70's? It's lack of respect for the enviroment and the need to feed your ego by saying look at me look how big and bad ass my rig is.

I have a huge pink truck with 42's and a 3" **** whats your point? I still don't tear **** up... I have a 22re for Christs sake! But I stand by my statement... All you bitching about huge rigs and the like need to think back that before you the trails were only as wide as triggers ass to fit.... :haha:

Exactly the problem. Were not jelous of your over built rig, were scratching our heads wondering why, why build something to good for the terrain and for gods sake why are you on our trails ****ing thme up.
It's ain't evolution. You think there were not 38's in the 70's? It's lack of respect for the enviroment and the need to feed your ego by saying look at me look how big and bad ass my rig is.

Ok, I run 38.5x12.50 SX tires.

Why? Honestly I can run 95% of the trails out there on 33's. I chose the tire size I did, merely because I wanted to and occasionally try legal obstacles that need the clearance.

Now days most of the time I'll put around in 2WD LO.

How did I get there though... Back in the day I bought a 92 YJ with no flex, 3.07 gears, open, and thornbirds. I learned to drive for 1.5 years. Then my jeep went through a major change and went to 36"SX tires. I found I could crawl over everything, but I also found that if I got hung up somewhere I could create gigantic holes even with well worn SX's. Sure, I might be able to power my way out, but how much damage am I doing in the process? If little/none I'll continue, if I'm starting to create a hole or make one deeper I'll try a different line or pull cable.

Today, everyone seems to just want to upgrade right away. Don't spend time learning on a stock (or less in my case LOL) like rig, just upgrade and hammer down when needed. I can't count how many times a trip I see BAD driving out there, and if I'm near it I will take the opportunity to try and educate the driver. But there's also a lot of drivers that will nod with you but go back about their business the minute they think I'm out of their sights.

All these same points have been brought up before. Nothing happens on here but arguing. Whats the point of bashing one guy for driving on a stump. He now know he did wrong and wont do it or take pics of it next time.Problem solved.:beatdeadhorse:

Brian, get your head out of your butt and pay attention. He wasn't being bashed for driving on a stump. It was brought up as a point of education BUT he argued that WHO CARES, well, I do for one and there are others.

Ok, I run 38.5x12.50 SX tires.

Why? Honestly I can run 95% of the trails out there on 33's. I chose the tire size I did, merely because I wanted to and occasionally try legal obstacles that need the clearance.

Now days most of the time I'll put around in 2WD LO.

How did I get there though... Back in the day I bought a 92 YJ with no flex, 3.07 gears, open, and thornbirds. I learned to drive for 1.5 years. Then my jeep went through a major change and went to 36"SX tires. I found I could crawl over everything, but I also found that if I got hung up somewhere I could create gigantic holes even with well worn SX's. Sure, I might be able to power my way out, but how much damage am I doing in the process? If little/none I'll continue, if I'm starting to create a hole or make one deeper I'll try a different line or pull cable.

Today, everyone seems to just want to upgrade right away. Don't spend time learning on a stock (or less in my case LOL) like rig, just upgrade and hammer down when needed. I can't count how many times a trip I see BAD driving out there, and if I'm near it I will take the opportunity to try and educate the driver. But there's also a lot of drivers that will nod with you but go back about their business the minute they think I'm out of their sights.

I just don't see the point I guess. I to started with next to nothing and learned to get it up most every trail in Washington. I went to a locked TJ on 35's with an auto tranny and said to my self **** this is to easy, yet there are still some good trails out there such as Rimrock or any of the trails when it rains that pose a good obstacle but if I took that same TJ and upgraded to Dana 60's and 40 inch tires there would be no challenge left and I would have make thing harder to enjoy the trail. You sound like a very responsible guy and you don't try to make things harder just because your rig is equipped for it. For that I commend you and wish other could learn from you:awesomework:

gibby i think it is good what you have tried to do out there but i argued because im sick of every thread about elbe turning into this same thing. i guess i wont post anymore pictures whether legal or not because no matter what it turns into a mess. This is why buggy people get sick of everyone cause its like no matter what it is we get blamed for all the problems. so far everyone with a buggy ive met and wheeled with were not bad people or intentionally tearing **** up. if the picture i posted was of an old stock flat fender on a rotten old stump you guys act like it would be ok since they built the trail.

if the picture i posted was of an old stock flat fender on a rotten old stump you guys act like it would be ok since they built the trail.

Not true at all.

I've chatted with my fair share of stockers doing stupid crap.

I just don't see the point I guess. I to started with next to nothing and learned to get it up most every trail in Washington. I went to a locked TJ on 35's with an auto tranny and said to my self **** this is to easy, yet there are still some good trails out there such as Rimrock or any of the trails when it rains that pose a good obstacle but if I took that same TJ and upgraded to Dana 60's and 40 inch tires there would be no challenge left and I would have make thing harder to enjoy the trail. You sound like a very responsible guy and you don't try to make things harder just because your rig is equipped for it. For that I commend you and wish other could learn from you:awesomework:

I'm not necessarily out there for the challenge. I'm out there to be out there, that is what I get my enjoyment from.

That said, I've actually been thinking about stepping back to 33's and making the rig streetable again. With the way prices are going I'm thinking I may be driving to the trail and back again.

My answer to people when they complain about trail being to easy is to go down in tire size or remove a locker and focus on not spinning the wheels.

gibby i think it is good what you have tried to do out there but i argued because im sick of every thread about elbe turning into this same thing. i guess i wont post anymore pictures whether legal or not because no matter what it turns into a mess. This is why buggy people get sick of everyone cause its like no matter what it is we get blamed for all the problems. so far everyone with a buggy ive met and wheeled with were not bad people or intentionally tearing **** up. if the picture i posted was of an old stock flat fender on a rotten old stump you guys act like it would be ok since they built the trail.

First, I'm not a flat fender guy. I drive a 94 4Runner on dana 60s, 425Hp SBC350, 39.5" IROKs and full body (well, mostly a full body). If I saw a buggy, or a flat fender, or one of the guys in my own club in that shot, I would have said the same thing and made the same point. AND, if I do something out of line, I would expect and WANT someone to call me on it.

My son will be a flat fender guy, when ever Crash get's back to work...

Even better, come out to the next Elbe work party, spend a little time talking with Joe, or myself, or one of the other guys that's been working out there for a while now, or even Nancy if she's there and get a little bit of an understanding as to WHY following the rules is important and what the rules are. It might make you a little more appreciative of the trails and the people that spend their FREE time, maintaining them.

OK guys I am cleaning house and throwing out the trash. Keep down on the personal attacks or get yourself booted. I am spliting this as well to a thread called "trails disscusion" So leave Hips original thread alone. Thanks Jim