• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Transmissions!?!

Man whatever you do don't put a crappy factory transmission back in there. Me and you both know they won't last. Remember how many I went through with my dodge, (4). Just get the Suncoast rebuild kit and Converter and Rebuild it. You know enough people it shouldnt be a problem rebuilding it.

Honestly MattO I can't believe his transmission lasted as long as it did. If that would have been my truck it would have died a long time ago.

Good luck with it Daniel. My dodge has 250000+ on it so I'm hoping at some point in it's life someone had a good rebuild done on the trans. Then again, I'm only running an Edge EZ.

I am glad I didn't stay with the Smarty now! Then again I don't hot dog like Cole, but who knows about the previous owner of my truck. It seems to running strong right now, hope it stays that way.

Matt O. said:
I am glad I didn't stay with the Smarty now! Then again I don't hot dog like Cole, but who knows about the previous owner of my truck. It seems to running strong right now, hope it stays that way.

Matt I don't think the tuner was the demise of the tranny. I've had some huge loads behind my truck that didn't help the issue. My truck never went back to a dealership for any type of repair/maint. It was all done at a speedy oil type place. There was a bulletin that came up on those trucks with an issue of the third gear band being under-torqued, therefore slipping in that gear. When I got it, it had all the service papers and all that good stuff. So if he had never taken it back to the dealership it would have never been torqued correctly. I did do it but it already had 75k on it when I found out about the bulletin so who knows what damage was already done.

A guythat works with me had his rebuilt at Moody Transmission and what he says the guy stands behind his stiff and is good his trans is upgraded and rated for 1000hp he says it is better than new and only cost $1600.00 but i don't know what type of warranty he has or had?

Bailey uses Joe Caretti's(sp) in cullman, I've never heard bad things from his work, and I've had two of his tranny's with no trouble.

Give Billy Arrington a call here in Bezzemer. His number is 205-426-6601. The old man has been around for a long time racing his 2500 hp Pro gas drag car and knows a little something about Boyz and their Toyz. Drop my name if it helps. He shouldn't hang up on you, I promise. :flipoff1:

Update!!! Got the transmission pulled today. No signs of carnage yet. Although I'm not so sure that the tranny fluid is supposed to look like this! :wtflol:

I changed it about 20k ago along with that valve body. I check it every oil change and it has looked okay till now. ;D

Does it have that nice burnt smell too? Had a trans come out of the buggy that smelled like HORRIBLE from all the burnt fluid. :puke:

Gotta love a dodge slipamatic :flipoff1:

You need to put an allison in it. I tow 15k once a week and mine still works with 100hp tune and 85K on the tranny. changed fluid twice. It does get hot sometimes (250) but it still works good :dunno:

Marty said:
Gotta love a dodge slipamatic :flipoff1:

You need to put an allison in it. I tow 15k once a week and mine still works with 100hp tune and 85K on the tranny. changed fluid twice. It does get hot sometimes (250) but it still works good :dunno:
I have an allison sitting on the shop floor with stock tcase and wiring on it. I don't think the guy would miss it, he dropped it off for a project 2 years ago and has only talked to me once since then ??? laughing1 Come get it :flipoff1:

blacksheep10 said:
I have an allison sitting on the shop floor with stock tcase and wiring on it. I don't think the guy would miss it, he dropped it off for a project 2 years ago and has only talked to me once since then ??? laughing1 Come get it :flipoff1:

I really wish I would have known that. Damn I would take it.

74_Chevota said:
Does it have that nice burnt smell too? Had a trans come out of the buggy that smelled like HORRIBLE from all the burnt fluid. :puke:

Man I can't smell a damn thing anymore! About 2 weeks before Christmas I got sick and lost my sense of smell and taste. Taste came back but I still cant smell anything, and I mean anything! Although I have been able to smell extreme smells here lately like chicken houses, and dirty diapers, and bad smelling stuff. :dunno: I have no idea why I can't smell but it comes in handy a lot of the time. I can work just about anywhere and going to the races, the porta-johns don't even bother me. ;D But then again it might have caused me to burn up the tranny cause I couldnt smell it. Weird! Ask Cole he'll tell you. :puke:

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Man I can't smell a damn thing anymore! About 2 weeks before Christmas I got sick and lost my sense of smell and taste. Taste came back but I still cant smell anything, and I mean anything! Although I have been able to smell extreme smells here lately like chicken houses, and dirty diapers, and bad smelling stuff. :dunno: I have no idea why I can't smell but it comes in handy a lot of the time. I can work just about anywhere and going to the races, the porta-johns don't even bother me. ;D But then again it might have caused me to burn up the tranny cause I couldnt smell it. Weird! Ask Cole he'll tell you. :puke:
You done gone smell blind child laughing1

Cole, the guy called the other day. I think he was still planning on running a 400 behind the 8.1 ??? whatever. I hadn't talked to him in almost a year, I thought he had forgot about it. I don't know if he remembers it has a tranny and tcase on it. until then it sits and racks up storage taking my burntable room space ::)

Aight, here is the plan... Got the transmission and transfer case out Sunday with out a hitch. One of the easiest removals I've ever done. Gonna do all the maint. stuff like change diff fluids, t-case, coolant, etc. Got all that stuff drained this evening and the underside of the truck cleaned up from where fluid sprayed back. Tranny is pressure washed and ready for tear down tomorrow! I will be rebuilding this myself with the help of one of my friends (fingers crossed)! Parts list so far includes Suncoast billet input shaft, Suncoast Extreme Duty Rebuild kit, and a converter from Transtar with a billet cover. The converter was about $500 cheaper than the suncoast unit so I hope it's worth it. Like I said the rebuild starts tomorrow! I'll keep everyone posted on whats happening.