• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wheelinjp's shot at an xj build

well I havent been working on this rig in a week. Im a little pissed even though it is an easy enough fix. the front pocket for the rear leafs has a captured nut inside the mount. Well I blasted that off when installing the pass side spring. now I get to cut the frame open and fix it. On the other side the capture nut for the shackle is galled and locked onto the bolt. I have loosened it a ways and now cant turn it either way. So I will likely end up plating the frame there eliminating the pocket and surface mounting the shackle hanger. So I will likely get back on this this weekend. GGGRRRRRRR:mad::rolleyes:

Nice sean..

Once this is in your blood you really never can quit :awesomework: True definition of a wheeler...

Totally true mike. I really want to just get the long arm kit from ruogh country and do it right. so I might just do that. gotta get the money together first, its not cheap. but then lots of problems are resolved correctly before I even start wheeling it. :awesomework:

Ok I finally got back on this bad boy(haha) and finished up the lift. It sits a little tall out back so I might get a 1in coil spacer for it. It definitely needs a sye kit. it vibrates from the rear driveline pretty good at certain speeds. I also put exhaust from the parts rig on it so it is alot quieter. It used to just have a bashed in turbo muffler barely hanging on right after the cat. Now it goes all the way out the back. Still working on getting the tires mounted up. so it is wearing the 30s.

xjlifting7_zps17b53376.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I finally got back on this bad boy(haha) and finished up the lift. It sits a little tall out back so I might get a 1in coil spacer for it. It definitely needs a sye kit. it vibrates from the rear driveline pretty good at certain speeds. I also put exhaust from the parts rig on it so it is alot quieter. It used to just have a bashed in turbo muffler barely hanging on right after the cat. Now it goes all the way out the back. Still working on getting the tires mounted up. so it is wearing the 30s.

xjlifting7_zps17b53376.jpg

Making it Quieter :eeek: who is this and what are you doing signing in as Sean :haha: Looking good buddy

I know Jim its like working backwards. :awesomework:

so I fixed the death wobble and aligned it. It runs out real good up to 70mph. I even flexed it up a lil, but it wasnt easy with these damn street tires and open diffs.

xjlifting10_zps3af4ea90.jpg

xjlifting9_zpsc3982545.jpg

xjlifting8_zps71d92a65.jpg

so a little more progress. I mounted up the 35s and started trimming. there is more to this trimming than I thought. I am trying to roll all the cut edges and it is a bitch. I am no bodyman for sure.

:awesomework: Looking good Shane!!!!!!Come up to the rocks 4th of july and have some fun with us!!!! The usual camping spot...Hopefully!!!:awesomework::awesomework::beer:

I will try and make it bill. I want this thing at least somewhat wheelable by memorial day. I am trying to keep it as low as possible. still alot of trimming and bumpstopping to do.

bill knows my name haha. I think.

Ok I finally found my camera so hopefully bigger pics. I got all the trimming done but might need to go another inch forward on the front fenders. I also dropped off my 4th mtr at nu-tread for a repair jobby. they are patching it and vulcanizing the two cracks. the cords werent broken.

Last edited:
Well it was great to get out and wheel again. I met a few friends out at Elbe saturday. I had a great time. Jeep did great especially for open f/r.