• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wide Open Design build of an Evolution chassis ( WFO )

Gonna be a bad m'fer!!!! Gotta get to work so we can see it running the srrs series!!!! There's some bad ass rigs in the series for sure but this one is gonna raise the bar!!!! As usual Adam rig looks great :dblthumb:

The knuckles and C's have been totally built in house for this project. I have had them in mind for quite a while and when I went told Bj about the idea he said why not make it happen. They have been in the works for about a year now and I didn't want any pictures of them posted until they were done. I actually wanted them tested but that just wasn't possible before people saw them.

I built this kit around the idea that we have about maxed out all we can get out of 1.5" axle shafts and Dana 60 sized U joints. With the 1.5" axle shaft and 60 U joint its a toss up of when some thing breaks it could be a shaft or a U joint. So, just going in and putting 40 spline axles in your rig and keeping the Dana 60 sized U joint you really haven't gained any over all strength. Yes, your axle shaft is stronger but if the U joint breaks you are still broke on the trail. So this thing was built around the fact of running bigger axle shafts and a bigger u joint. You can get that combination by just running rock well stuff but I wanted the ability to run a Dana 60 wheel hub assembly. So, that is where the idea of this new knuckle design came from.

I'll give you a quick run down of what they are and why they are unique. The knuckle is sized to run rock well sized axle joints but you can keep a Dana 60 spindle and wheel hub if you want to. The knuckle kit is able to be ran a few different ways though.

40 spline axle shafts:

If you want to run a true 40 spline set up through out in a steering axle it is possible now.

Run this knuckle kit and we have made it possible for a Dana 60 hub to be able to be bolted on and now you have true 40 spline front axle with the Rockwell sized U joint.

If you want to run 2" 47 spline axles that is possible as well.

A rock well spindle will bolt right up to the bell of the knuckle and you just run a Rockwell spindle and hub assembly with 2" shafts and a Rockwell sized U joint.

I will do a full write up and new build thread on these in a couple of weeks when the time is right for a full release.

My goal is to have it at the Hog Wild shoot out in Hot Springs.

Woodlee said:
The knuckles and C's have been totally built in house for this project. I have had them in mind for quite a while and when I went told Bj about the idea he said why not make it happen. They have been in the works for about a year now and I didn't want any pictures of them posted until they were done. I actually wanted them tested but that just wasn't possible before people saw them.

I built this kit around the idea that we have about maxed out all we can get out of 1.5" axle shafts and Dana 60 sized U joints. With the 1.5" axle shaft and 60 U joint its a toss up of when some thing breaks it could be a shaft or a U joint. So, just going in and putting 40 spline axles in your rig and keeping the Dana 60 sized U joint you really haven't gained any over all strength. Yes, your axle shaft is stronger but if the U joint breaks you are still broke on the trail. So this thing was built around the fact of running bigger axle shafts and a bigger u joint. You can get that combination by just running rock well stuff but I wanted the ability to run a Dana 60 wheel hub assembly. So, that is where the idea of this new knuckle design came from.

I'll give you a quick run down of what they are and why they are unique. The knuckle is sized to run rock well sized axle joints but you can keep a Dana 60 spindle and wheel hub if you want to. The knuckle kit is able to be ran a few different ways though.

40 spline axle shafts:

If you want to run a true 40 spline set up through out in a steering axle it is possible now.

Run this knuckle kit and we have made it possible for a Dana 60 hub to be able to be bolted on and now you have true 40 spline front axle with the Rockwell sized U joint.

If you want to run 2" 47 spline axles that is possible as well.

A rock well spindle will bolt right up to the bell of the knuckle and you just run a Rockwell spindle and hub assembly with 2" shafts and a Rockwell sized U joint.

I will do a full write up and new build thread on these in a couple of weeks when the time is right for a full release.

My goal is to have it at the Hog Wild shoot out in Hot Springs.

Shiny parts and great product R&D!

Better put the extra tube in this thing. .... I have seen this guy drive.........All be it i was behind him most of the time. He will definitely give it a beat down. Looking good guys.

Re: Wide Open Design build of an Evolution chassis ( WFO )

Hill killers aren't supposed to have storage right??

za3yzuqe.jpg

It will be interesting to see BJ in srrs, i can say from first hand experience that the fawker def knows how to hold the skinny pedal ALL the way down

Latest posts