• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wtf Maxxis??

kushKrawlin

So i just got off the phone with a old friend that owns a very well known tire shop that his grandpa started about 40 yrs ago. I called him to check his pricing on the SX stickies and the Trepador sticky. Well:.. This is a shocker but he talked to maxxis directly yesterday and they told him the Trep and Creepy crawler has been discontinued!!??? Anyone else heard this?? Something fishy here ... He told me that i could prob find them online but all he could find for me was a price on the SX sticky... Now why would they stop making such a Hot tire like the Trep? Any info? Thanks.

Re:

Doesn't smell right. Were you asking about the comp or non comp. I hear the non comp isnt great.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was told by maxxis rep that currently competition tires are discontinued until further notice. Not sure of the validity in this but it was from the horses mouth over the off-road program

1tonrubicon said:
I was told by maxxis rep that currently competition tires are discontinued until further notice. Not sure of the validity in this but it was from the horses mouth over the off-road program

Hey man, you're alive! Please respond to my messages & texts

Re:

I was just thinking about trying to buy a new set of sticky treps. Guess I'll have to go MTRs

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

**** drive the price up anymore and they won't be on my ride. Man what I would give to know what they had in a tire. The manufacture and the retail shop that sells them.. All i ever hear from tire shops is how they don't make much money off tires :wtflol: but yet most of the owners have $70,000 diesel's. I call bullshit. Anywho. Im patiently waiting for a used set, but I'm very impatient.

kushKrawlin said:
**** drive the price up anymore and they won't be on my ride. Man what I would give to know what they had in a tire. The manufacture and the retail shop that sells them.. All i ever hear from tire shops is how they don't make much money off tires :wtflol: but yet most of the owners have $70,000 diesel's. I call bullshit. Anywho. Im patiently waiting for a used set, but I'm very impatient.

We don't make **** on tires. I ****ing hate them! You only make $ off your mounting and alignments :****:

Re:

I get a slight discount for racing but still paid a lot. I could get reds cheaper through racing program. Im going to ask a manager I know at 4wp tomorrow to see what he can find out about this. If its true ill pick up one more as a second spare.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

muddinmetal said:
We don't make **** on tires. I ****ing hate them! You only make $ off your mounting and alignments :****:
Dam thats exactly whAt my buddy (he was the one that talked to Maxxis) says. Shits nuts. Must be alot more to making a tire than i thought. I always figured it was like a pair of nikes, cost 6 buks to make em and charge 200 to some :afro:

Re: Wtf Maxxis??

A lot of oil goes into a tire next time you guys price tires wait for the price of oil to go down and tires will go down too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's not really much mark up in any of these type of parts, the tire price and shipping sucks

im lucky to make $30 on a 40X1550X20 toyo m/t that cost me $525 :****: when us tire guys tell u we don't make **** on tires please believe us . tires suck!!!! spend thousand plus $$$$ to make $100..... those margins SUCK!

o..... and for the treps, 4WP worked out a deal with Maxxis to build the procomp XM/T II tires so in exchange for Maxxis getting all that work 4WP wanted the entire line of Maxxis tires including the stickies to sell in there stores. I have been in the 4wd business for 12 years and I could never get a set of trep stickies new, all the others I found a way to get them w/o being a racer. I like most of us was shocked and in disbelief when I heard 4wp had stickies instock. so if your tire buddy cant get them check with a 4wp and I hate to say that

Holy ****. Thanks for that info. Not looking good for maxxis on my rig. Thats nuts they made a deal like that. But hell what do i know. I just cut grass. Damn super swamper sx is looking better and better. Probably have to get those else where also. I can't remember what he told me for a set of SX's non sticky but im thinkin it was high. Fawk kinda starting to second guess my new wheels. Dam 17's!! Thanks again for the info. :dblthumb:

im not sayin second guess them, there still a great tire......ya I hate buying from the 4wheel walmart but they have them in stock in almost all the warehouses nation wide so there readily available.

STROKERYOTA said:
im not sayin second guess them, there still a great tire......ya I hate buying from the 4wheel walmart but they have them in stock in almost all the warehouses nation wide so there readily available.

i dont see any comp sticky tire on there web page, just street tires