• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bye

Re:

I'm loving it. Like others here I'm not much of a reader but this has kept me checking back so often to see what happens next. Can we get a pic of what you look like? I'm just curious on how you looked driving that beast.

Re: I'm finally back home

Not exactly the Terrorist look I thought!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 bits of input.

1. It would have been awesome to put faces to names of all these people, but I understand not putting them on the internet

2. For all the money, grief, and time spend ****ing with tires, did you not think of just having a nice new set installed before you headed home? Haha.

Good story my friend! Keep it up.

16.5 are getting rare these days but damn u were the pick up state where everybody owns a truck, i figured they would be easy to track down but guess the old boys parked the old trucks, and 37's on a rv lmao. And dude u look way more amish than terrorist. Ha. Great story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have missed it but what is the fascination with this particular type of motor home ? I'm not being an asshole in case that's what it sounds like.

Love the story. I cannot believe those people took you in overnight.

lowbudgetjunk said:
It is basically an Airstream with an engine. Riveted aluminum body that does not leak . Find any motorhome, 2016's included and let it sit out in the elements for 43 years. Go back and look inside. Water and mold, delamination, falling apart. Riveted aluminum just stands the test of time. Plus, it is pretty light for what it is. i am guessing around or under 12k pounds. I will weight it when I get some time. Thats why Airstreams are sought after from back in the day too. They hold their value and are usually pretty cool in general.

Right on bro. I get it now!

blacksheep10 said:
When is the last time you walk into a normal tire store and found a 16.5 inch tire in stock?

Neither of my suppliers carry anything other than tubes and AG tires in 16.5. Don't even list them as out of stock or anything. I almost think it would be easier to get new 16, 17, or 19.5 wheels for it and new tires. What a pain in the ass trip